NBA Playoffs thread

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes it should. The Heat will have Birdman back and I don't think the Wade/Bosh funk can last much longer.

While I think most likely the Heat will win I don't expect Wade to play much better since his poor play is a result of his knee injury. I don't know if Bosh can do better on defense guarding Hibbert, but I think he can do better on offense.

I think this year's playoffs have been affected by more injuries than any I can remember. If it wasn't for injuries I think the Clippers would have beat the Grizzlies and then the Thunder would have beat the Clippers and ended up in the finals and the Heat wouldn't look like Lebron's Cavaliers. It's been a crazy season!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Westbrook is theeee reason they lost. Dude has played all games up until these playoffs since he's been in the league. I really hope he comes back next year, better than before.

If it weren't for injuries, I think my Knicks may have been facing the heat... whether they'd be in a position to win the East is another story.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Westbrook is theeee reason they lost. Dude has played all games up until these playoffs since he's been in the league. I really hope he comes back next year, better than before.

If it weren't for injuries, I think my Knicks may have been facing the heat... whether they'd be in a position to win the East is another story.

Yeah, I hope all the Westbrook haters will shut up now. That guy is just as vital to the Thunder as Durant.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Spoelstra has no clue on how to utilize Bosh properly. At this point Miami should be running a two man game with Bosh and Lebron utilizing the pick and roll with the way Bosh was used in Toronto. In this series it looks like all he is is a decoy to draw Hibbert out of the paint but it's not working.

Wade is a shell of his former self and needs to have a reduced role in that offense.

I have a feeling Lebron is going to have a monster game tomorrow - something like 45/10/10

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Everyone seems to forget the Pacers have missed their leading scorer for the last half decade, Granger. Imagine if Granger could have come back for the last 20 games or so of the season. We would have 19ppg player coming off the bench.

Every team suffers injuries. The best don't let those issues affect them.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Everyone seems to forget the Pacers have missed their leading scorer for the last half decade, Granger. Imagine if Granger could have come back for the last 20 games or so of the season. We would have 19ppg player coming off the bench.

Every team suffers injuries. The best don't let those issues affect them.

Granger is now second banana on that team to Paul George. No doubt Granger would be an asset, but missing him the entire season isn't the same as a teams second best player basically falling apart due to injuries in the playoffs. If the Pacers win I'll tip my hat to them, but to say the injuries to Wade haven't impacted the series is short sighted. How many of those shots at the rim he missed Saturday would he have made if healthy, plus the increased impact on defense he would make? A healthy Wade would be no guarantee of a series victory, but at this point the Heat are one star and the rest second tier players. I don't know if the Heat can beat the Spurs in current former even if LeBron gets them past the Pacers at this point.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still banking on the Spurs to win it all. Dat Tony Parker is a beast, lol! But man it would just make my day if the Pacers beat the Heat tonight. It's been soooo long since we've had some bragging rights. haha

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Granger is a volume shooter who needs the ball often to produce good numbers. If Granger was still playing I doubt we would have seen the emergence of Paul George as we have now. Also, Indy has been beating Miami on the inside with West and Hibbert so I don't think Granger would be that much of a difference. I think overall it's an addition by subtraction situation like how Memphis didn't seem to miss Rudy Gay too much after he was traded.

As for Miami, I think if guys like Allen and Battier don't play like total garbage then this series would have been over by now. I can't believe those two have missed so many open 3s this series. I also expect Bosh to play a little better tonight. Wade probably will still be bad.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I tip my hat to the entire Pacers organization. All except Roy Hibbert. That was a punk-*** move to run to the lockers while the rest of his teammates stayed and congratulated the Heat. I wish Frank Vogel was our coach that's for sure. Go Heat!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My prediction is that Miami will beat San Antonio in 5 games. San Antonio is an old team, compared to Indiana. I don't think it will go 7 games.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Also think Miami in 6. Last year Miami seemed to turn their game up after they were tested in the Boston series and took OKC apart. I think the similar thing will happen this year. The key to winning will be keeping the ball out of Tony Parker's hands as much as possible.

charles014

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The play offs is really amazing every team did their best specially Indiana where they do a great performance however they are lost in game 7.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow! This is definitely not anything like I originally predicted. I never expected a blowout tonight, and SA is playing much better than I ever thought they would.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon