NBA Playoffs thread

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Next game is a must win for Miami and they usually do well in those. I don't see SA shooting the way they did tonight for every game, and I don't expect Lebron to be as bad as he was tonight.

This is reminding me a lot of 2011 though and I have a bad feeling for Miami :shocked:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this movie before. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like LeBron is laying down the foundation to have Spo fired. Superstars have that effect. I saw Shaq get Stan Van Gundy fired here in Miami and correct me if I'm wrong but LBJ got Mike Brown fired in Cleveland.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this movie before. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like LeBron is laying down the foundation to have Spo fired. Superstars have that effect. I saw Shaq get Stan Van Gundy fired here in Miami and correct me if I'm wrong but LBJ got Mike Brown fired in Cleveland.
I sure hope that's not the case. If I were LeBron, I'd rather have another ring than no ring and another coach.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This wouldn't make any sense for Lebron to do that.

Like Laura said, I'd rather a ring with a coach I dislike than no ring and a new coach.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Spo knows how to use his players properly but I doubt Lebron would want to do that in the middle of the finals.

I think Wade is the biggest problem on that team at the moment. He is hurt and is making some terrible decisions with the ball. He also tends to have that attitude that he doesn't want to get overshadowed by Lebron.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think LeBron is trying to get the coach fired. The Spurs have a great defensive plan and appear to have gotten in LeBron's head. As far as Spoelstra he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Wade is a long way from 100 percent and that combined with LeBron playing so poorly is making it nearly impossible for the Heat to win. In my opinion if LeBron doesn't play at the level he played on game 7 against the Pacers Miami has no chance. Regardless of the results of this series I look for there to be some changes in Miami. Wade has proven he can't stay healthy in the playoffs and teams with size like the Pacers and Spurs are very difficult for the Heat to beat, so I think they will try to move toward a more conventional lineup.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There's a reason it's tough to win multiple titles.

When you build a championship team, other teams respond by building a team that takes advantage of your weaknesses.

The Heat may still win this series. But they're in for a dog fight if they want to make that happen.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Manu Ginobili and Tiago Splitter need to not play just awful like they did tonight! They were a pain to watch!! But Wade finally starting to look like the old Wade. I'm a Spurs fan (live in SA) but I've always loved D-Wade, except for tonight of course!!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was good to see Wade step up and play like were were used too. I think it was all the lebron mess that killed a lot of his his fire...

I hope san Antonio can control the next couple of games and win the series. they have to stop being so reckless..

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Myself and some friends noticed Duncan and Parker looking tired by midway in the third quarter. I think as the series goes on longer the age of the Spurs big 3 will start to play a role.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think Miami needs their big three to play like last night for every game if they want to win this series. A couple of things I find interesting: 1, these are two of the better defensive teams in the league, so why have all the games but the first been a blowout, and 2, how can Wade play so well last night with this bad knee but look so horrible the rest of the playoffs? It almost seems like he hasn't been trying the other games.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Manu finally not being terrible!! The Spurs need to guard Allen a hell of a lot better and not foul him on a three!!!!! I think Spurs can pull it in six

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
What a game... Green for MVP if the Spurs can pull this out.

Crazy thing is... no clear MVP on the Heat in my opinion.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to take away anything from the Spurs, but what are the Heat thinking? Wade plays like a third stringer the entire playoffs until the last two games, LeBron forgets he's the best player in the game and overall they play with nowhere near the heart and desire they showed last year in the playoffs after Bosh was injured. I can deal with getting beat by a better team, but I have a big problem with the team I like getting beat because they only play hard every other game. I won't say Miami isn't going to win the series, but at this point I say it's very unlikely and I don't know that they deserve it. I'm going to point my finger and lay the blame on my favorite player, Mr. LeBron James. He can do things on a basketball court not even Jordan could do, but too many times he let's the other team dictate what he does. He is such an enigma. I've been watching basketball since Bird and Magic ruled the league and have watched most of LeBron's career, but I have no idea what goes on in his head. I feel his waffling trickles down to the rest of the team. Wade has an attitude probably worse than LeBron. I fully expect the Heat to win game six, probably pretty convincingly, but I doubt they will win two in a row.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Wade does have an attitude problem and I think it is mostly due to James. I really can't stand LJames, but he is good... He just is not a great team player.

Where is the coach?! Did you ever see Michael Jordan playing coach at half time and during time outs? James is always saying my guys.. What about my team mates? James is always trying to carry it all.. He is not alone anymore, why does he play that way? Wade is probably like "screw James".

Everyone tried to play the spurs like they are old... I can't believe people fell for it either. They spurs have had their sloppy moments. The spurs have a much better coach and they play like a team. Funny thing is, when the spurs do good, it is not the big 3 or the starting 5... It is the 6 and 7th man who helped them win. The heat play like it is only a couple... I like Allen, battier, and the bird man. they are quite and do their job. Labron and bosh are cry babies and wade needs to step up and take his team back. Labron needs to be tamed by a real coach ans he needs some bench time!

The spurs will take it.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I am counting down until tipoff! Should be a great game tonight! I'm hoping for an epic LeBron performance like game six against the Celtics last year. Ok, I'll settle for a performance like game 7 against the Pacers. I think the Heat will win and force game 7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb