NBA Playoffs thread

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Guys I'm from the U.K I'm mainly a football/soccer fan, Can someone fill me in what this NBA game actually is what's it the final off? I know my basketball teams and players etc i just don't no what the competition is about, why so many games for a final?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Guys I'm from the U.K I'm mainly a football/soccer fan, Can someone fill me in what this NBA game actually is what's it the final off? I know my basketball teams and players etc i just don't no what the competition is about, why so many games for a final?

its a 7 game series.
Hockey and baseball also have 7 game series for their championships.

The only pro sport in US that does not have a series for its championship is American football (NFL).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have to work in the morning, I'm so wound up I won't sleep for a while! Definitely some questionable calls, but overall a tremendous game. I think Ray Allen earned his season check with that three to send it to overtime.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The spurs were so sloppy... Then Pop taking out Duncan in the last 30 seconds, not once but twice, allow the heat to answer then tie it up. Lenard played well, but ginobli, green and parker were weak. Splinter was weak, when he was in, the heat capitalized on him...

The spurs stayed up mist of the time because the heat was playing worse then them until the end... The spurs lackluster playing caused them to lose... Bad coaching calls at the end only make it worse...

I believe that was the spurs real chance to win... It is a little hard for me to see the spurs win the series now :(. The heat will have a lot of momentum.

The head played like they the were defeated whole game until the end... Then, they played like champs... They played like they were veterans... Wait isn't that the spurs?! The spurs never controlled the game, ball, or the clock.. They played like rookies. Turnovers, record chasing, poor shooting, all led to their loss..

I am still hopping the spurs will take it home and humble LBJ...

I am so riled up!!! Coach pop ultimately lost it fie the team along with their lackluster. Playing...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, I'm so tired of flopping! Where are the yellow cards like soccer or a reverse foul penalty to the culprits on both teams. These are 200-300 lbs men, strong, yet cry like babies. They fake so much. The refs just call what people think they should vs what happened...

This needs to be killed in the NBA... Clearly define a foul and penalize exaggerated fouls, charges, etc... This is a semi contact sport. Like tax evasion or loopholes, player capitalize on the foul/charge epidemic...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Manu Ginobili and Tiago Splitter need to not play just awful like they did tonight! They were a pain to watch!! But Wade finally starting to look like the old Wade. I'm a Spurs fan (live in SA) but I've always loved D-Wade, except for tonight of course!!

so true in all statements other than that I live in the san Francisco bay area, lol

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Taking out Duncan was a bad move.

And good free throw shooters missing free throws down the stretch was bad too.

Overall, excellent game. Hopefully game 7 is similar.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
That was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Just heartbreaking to see my team lose a 5 point lead with like 30 seconds left. I think that When Manu drove and Leonard with the 3 were both fouls but it shouldn't have come down to that. Duncan and Leonard were the only ones that played well. Diaw did well on D. Real tough loss. But the AT&T Center was so loud for the viewing party!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree that was one of the best finals games I have watched in a long time.

I don't see how ppl can blame the refs considering the Heat had questionable calls against them for 3 and a half quarters.

Lebron finally showed up big at the end. Bosh had some great plays of his own, and Allen reminded everyone that it isn't all about Danny Green.

Bosh and Lebron also did a great job shutting down Parker and nullifying the pick and roll.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Blaming the refs for the Spurs losing is a copout. Spurs missed two free throws in the last minute that would have made it impossible for the Heat to tie. The refs didn't make those shots for the Heat either.

It will be interesting to see what the Spurs have left for game 7. That was an emotional roller coaster for both teams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte