NBA Playoffs thread

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea the spurs completely choked out in 4th but honestly when you have less than 30 seconds to go, isn't it unacceptable for the ref to miss a foul that can be a game-winner?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I just read something interesting. When the refs stopped play to review Ray Allens three the Spurs illegally substituted Tim Duncan into the game. Now that would have caused an uproar if he would have made a game winning shot!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just read something interesting. When the refs stopped play to review Ray Allens three the Spurs illegally substituted Tim Duncan into the game. Now that would have caused an uproar if he would have made a game winning shot!

It's not an iillegal substitution. But more like a loophole.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Technically it was an illegal substitution according to the rules since reviews are not dead ball situations and you cannot make subs. The Spurs were lucky they didn't get caught otherwise it could have been a technical foul and the Heat would get a free throw.

I'm so nervous about tonight. People are saying the Spurs will be broken mentally after the last game but the Spurs are always prepared so I don't count them out just yet. If headband-less Lebron shows up then the Heat will win.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready for tonight too, but unfortunately this game probably won't be as good as game six. There are lots of interesting story lines for this game. How much do the Spurs have left emotionally and physically? How much will Wade play? Will Mike Miller shoot another three missing a shoe?

I think and hope if the Heat keep it close they can put it away in the late third quarter and the fourth.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was pulling for the Spurs, but LeBron brought it when his team needed it.

Ginobli made several critical errors down the stretch. I think it may have been from exhaustion.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That was a really good series, and the last game wasn't a blowout.

I really was surprised. I didn't think SA would play good enough for it to go 7 games.

Wade finally stepped up when he needed to.

Congrats to Miami.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Tony Parker played terrible. He was 3/12 from the field with four assists. He deserves the blame instead of Manu! But Kawhi Leonard was awesome and Tim Duncan as well. The Spurs just made huge mistakes in the Fourth. I don't think I've ever been this brokenhearted. I love my Spurs though and the Crowd at the AT&T Center was unbelievable. Great season guys.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I knew the Spurs were in trouble when only Kawhi Leonard was carrying them.

Great season and I can't wait until next year.

Now baseball and soccer will carry me until football season. This Puig kid of the Dodgers is nice.

Yes I'm a sports junky

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Tony Parker played terrible. He was 3/12 from the field with four assists. He deserves the blame instead of Manu! But Kawhi Leonard was awesome and Tim Duncan as well. The Spurs just made huge mistakes in the Fourth. I don't think I've ever been this brokenhearted. I love my Spurs though and the Crowd at the AT&T Center was unbelievable. Great season guys.

Not sure that either one deserves "blame." All they can do is give it their all.

Father Time catches up with everyone. They just didn't have enough gas in the tank.

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a supporter of either teams. It was a great finals but I would have wanted to see the old guards from Spurs get their rings though.

Parker literally choked the entire game lol :p

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the Heat defense had a lot to do with how Tony Parker played. They got back in transition and stopped easy baskets and LeBron did a great job on him along with the rest of the team.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to process the Spurs losing. :(

What's funny is that I was fine with the Heat winning until they knocked out my Pacers. I'm fickle like that. :grin:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the Heat defense had a lot to do with how Tony Parker played. They got back in transition and stopped easy baskets and LeBron did a great job on him along with the rest of the team.

Yup, after the first couple of games Miami made big changes defensively. They put Lebron on Parker, and Bosh would come up to help whenever the Spurs would try to set a screen. It worked almost all the time since Parker had a lot of trouble getting into the paint.

Miami also decided to shut down Danny Green after game 6 which was a big factor in deciding the series.

I don't know if Miami can win 3 in a row now. It all depends on Wade's health next season and if Miami can find a quality big man to play down low. People are suggesting that they should move Bosh but he is an integral part of that team even if he doesn't score or rebound as much as he should.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss