Samsungs possible eos competition!!!!!!

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so first things first...this post here is after a direct usage of samsungs prototype android device..no asking how, where, when and why...keep in mind hands on time was just 5-10 mins...
ok so the device in question has the front face of an s3/s4 and the back,of a galaxy cam..almost the same size as the galaxy cam..with a display size of 4.5-4.7 inches...am sure it will have 1gb ram, mostly a quad core processor...now the camera part is what amazes me...it has a 16mp count,sensor with 10x optical zoom and a manual zoom ring!!!!

Build quality is pretty solid for a prototype...manual ring was pretty bad though....wobbled here and there and zooming wasn't proper...think it ran a customized firmware..looked pretty similar to the s4...was pretty smooth for the most part...camera functions was where things became interesting...alotttt of modes...interface the same as the s4,cam...with all manual functions available..shutter speed..iso,controls.and what not.and around 10-15 scene modes..Picture quality wise it was pretty good without zoom...sharp pics,with good color reproduction...once I zoomed in though it was just ok....maybe firmware changes will make it better....also mentioned was that ""just,watch out for low light performance...you and the competition wil be knocked out "" :shocked::grincry:..

The surprising part is the price point...550usd on launch unlocked...also mentioned that the s4 wil be approx 650 usd unlocked while a new galaxy s4 mini will launch at 490 price point...all this year end...

So,sound off guys..do you think this will be launched to counter lumias eos...will the optical zoom really make,a huge difference...and all other thoughts...sorry I can't post any pic of the device....just look at the galaxy cam in white,and you will know how,it looks...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
first of all, even if this was true, it will suck. too big and android :p
btt, it'll be 16MP and have a small sensor. So, again, ****ty low light performance.. and 10x optical zoom? I don't want to hold that thing or use it as a phone..

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
first of all, even if this was true, it will suck. too big and android :p
btt, it'll be 16MP and have a small sensor. So, again, ****ty low light performance.. and 10x optical zoom? I don't want to hold that thing or use it as a phone..

the prototype is as true as the 920 i am holding now...nope its not too big...in fact i think its a hairline thinner than the 808...also its only where the zoom ring is that the phone is thick...moving downwards it thins down...weight is as much as the 920..possibly lighter...low light performance i bet its gonna be ****ty too...

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, the Galaxy Camera isn't the same as EOS. The former is a camera with a smartphone (OS), the latter is a smartphone with a camera.

well am not talkin about the galaxy cam..its a new phone with galaxy cam like features...

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Unless there has been some kind of major breakthrough in optical technology I don't think a 10X optical zoom could be possible while keeping the camera thinner than an 808. The lens would still need moving parts to extend and retract.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Unless there has been some kind of major breakthrough in optical technology I don't think a 10X optical zoom could be possible while keeping the camera thinner than an 808. The lens would still need moving parts to extend and retract.

i really do wish i could post a few pics....truly sorry...i guess we l see when it launches...:)

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like Samsung is pasting a phone and camera together.. lets see how it comes out.. if it is good, it may wipe out HTC..

Lets see what Nokia has in store.. OIS with 42 MP is what we know EOS will have.. lets see how it works.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The competition for EOS might come from Sony. They are developing something similar to Nokia's tech. Lets see.. it will be a battle between HTC, Samsung and Sony. Nokia will be undisputed in WP and hopefully across all the smart phones. Nokia has 1.5 years lead time when all these come out.

Samsung should better put in a 3500 sized battery or else it wont be useable.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like Samsung is pasting a phone and camera together.. lets see how it comes out.. if it is good, it may wipe out HTC..

Lets see what Nokia has in store.. OIS with 42 MP is what we know EOS will have.. lets see how it works.

yup thats what it is....it looks exactly like the galaxy cam...and instead of a complete screen at the back..it has the s4 face.....theres a hardware camera button too...i know for a fact that those day light photos could compete very well with the htc one and the 920...low light is a different thing though...couldnt get to test that...here's hoping the EOS will win this round too..

The competition for EOS might come from Sony. They are developing something similar to Nokia's tech. Lets see.. it will be a battle between HTC, Samsung and Sony. Nokia will be undisputed in WP and hopefully across all the smart phones. Nokia has 1.5 years lead time when all these come out.

Samsung should better put in a 3500 sized battery or else it wont be useable.

yup i was concerned about the battery life but couldn't get any info out of my source....when i used it, was already at 9pc battery level with warnings popping up continuously....so samsung better get a high capacity battery in there...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
well am not talkin about the galaxy cam..its a new phone with galaxy cam like features...
If the back looks like a Galaxy Camera, it is a Galaxy Camera – just with a redesigned front. The bulbous rear of the Galaxy Camera removes it from consideration as a smartphone-class device. It's a camera with added smartphone (OS), not the other way around. Whether it has a GSM radio doesn't really change that.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Released an article contracting the display size you cited. I'm not sure why you continue to consider a device that you claim has the shape and sensor of a Galaxy Camera to be a smartphone.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Released an article contracting the display size you cited. I'm not sure why you continue to consider a device that you claim has the shape and sensor of a Galaxy Camera to be a smartphone.

i guess our definitions of a smartphone vary then...for me its any device that lets you make a call primarily and lets you do all other stuff with it...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Well some details leaked about the S4 zoom and it looks like a terrible idea.

As you might know Samsung going is to show new products on June 20th in London. One of these products will be the Galaxy S4 Zoom. SamMobile received the first photo this Wednesday and today we will give you the first picture. The Galaxy S4 Zoom uses a 4.3” qHD sAMOLED display a 1.6GHz dual-core processor, 16 megapixel camera sensor with optical zoom, 8 GB intern with extern micro SD up to 64 GB, Bleutooth 4.0 LE Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, and A-GPS. You are able to call with the Galaxy S4 Zoom, Samsung added a shutter button to the the device and the volume rockers or zoom buttons are on the right side. The Galaxy S4 Zoom runs on Samsung’s own Touch-Wiz Nature UX interface with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on it.

Weekend EXCLUSIVE. Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom product photo showed up! | SamMobile

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Can't imagine myself using that as a phone, holding it up to my head. At that point, I'd probably prefer a dedicated camera. I'll reserve final judgement when the device is officially revealed though.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't imagine myself using that as a phone, holding it up to my head. At that point, I'd probably prefer a dedicated camera. I'll reserve final judgement when the device is officially revealed though.

well i ve received a new build of the prototype with no more wobble...build quality is typical samsung now...but yup i dont think i would want one that looks like a camera sticking out of my head..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes