Okay, so this isn't the only forum I visit. Is it just me, or do you feel like you constantly have to defend Windows Phone from trolls and fanboys? I feel like I have to--almost like I have an obligation, a duty to fulfill. Like on Slickdeals, whenever there is a Windows Phone deal, you'll see certain members there post negative things about Windows Phone or the phone itself. I know you're not supposed to feed the trolls, but I just have to correct them because they're wrong!

duty_calls.png

This post was actually supposed to be longer, but again I was distracted replying to someone who hates Windows Phone. Anyway, I reply to these people because I'm afraid that if no one corrects them, the uninformed user who comes across their post might believe what they say to be true and then they'll never buy a Windows Phone. I feel like I can't let that happen.

So what do you guys do when you see someone bashing WP on another forum? Do you defend WP? Ignore them? Or is WPCentral the only site you visit?
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    05-07-2013 02:39 AM
    i also defend WP when i see someone being ignorant about it, spreading info that is not true or incorrect!

it actually makes me really mad the amount of Fandroids and iSheeps that are completely clueless about WP!

you know, i understand they don't like it and prefer Android or iOS but bashing it even w/o a minimum knowledge is just infuriating!

i don't think it's wrong defending our OS and correcting wrong info!

other sites i visit are GSM Arena, PhoneArena, among others...
    and ohhhh boy, PhoneArena makes me wanna puke sometimes, one of the most biased sites i've ever seen!
    alpinestars1z and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-07-2013 03:30 AM
    I can accept the WP platform has it's shortcomings but what I can't accept is when people go out of their way to say there are no apps or really try to hammer home the lack thereof. I don't know what's worse; them claiming they have millions of apps (probably the majority of which are uselessware and malware) or that we have no apps. I can see some irony in that sometimes we can seem to do the same, like me perpetuating the cycle with my (probable mis-) information.

I guess I just don't understand why people can't just be happy with their platform and leave it at that.
    05-07-2013 04:20 AM
    Yesterday, i was forced to create an account for engadget when I saw someone talkin about how much of a failure WP8 is. These are the comments:

cameroncake 1 day ago
    @Skotch There have been nothing but poor user reviews for the Lumia 6 series with poor performance being the most cited problem and I imagine the 5 series will be no different.

WP8 was not designed to run effectively on 512MB of RAM, and it shows.

ttsoldier
    ttsoldier 23 hours ago
    @cameroncake @Skotch I'm sorry. What?

Where is your source to these poor user reviews? I think you are mixing up WP8 and Android. WP8 is optimized to run on sub par hardware, unlike Android

Please post these "Reviews" with poor performance.

cameroncake
    cameroncake 20 hours ago
    @ttsoldierhttp://www.cnet.com.au/nokia-lumia-610-339340675.htm

Run down the list, you'll see what I mean.

ShareFlagLikeReply
    ttsoldier
    ttsoldier 20 hours ago
    @cameroncake @ttsoldier You sir are clearly an *****.

This is a lumia 610 Running WP7.X

We are talking abotu devices running WP8. Please do your research.

6 series and 5 series Windows Phone 8 and 6 series and 5 series windows phone 7.X are TOTALLY different phones.
    alpinestars1z and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-07-2013 04:36 AM
    I am sorry that you are having to defend WP. Posting facts in an intelligent way is how we handle it on this forum. Making a hateful call out threads is not.

P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behaviour from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Thread closed.
    05-07-2013 05:54 AM