Nokia announces Asha 501!!!

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/09/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

sorry about the messy link, i'm posting from the app >.<

soooo today at New Delhi Nokia announced its new device for the Asha line - the Asha 501!

honestly, i'm impressed by this small 3" device! Nokia did an excellent job - both at design and software - it reminds me a lot of the Lumias!

it doesen't support 3G, only 2G and wi-fi but for the market this device is aimed, i think it'll suffice!

software like, their revamped OS seems really cool and well-thought off - MS could learn a thing or two from them!
the Fastlane screen is rly interesting, i particularly liked it a lot!

i think this will find a lot of success in emerging markets!

what are the community thoughts on the latest addition to the Asha line?

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Umm... It looks an awful lot like some of Nokias WP phones already out there, just with a different OS installed. Not sure what MS could learn from this and apply to WP?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Umm... It looks an awful lot like some of Nokias WP phones already out there, just with a different OS installed. Not sure what MS could learn from this and apply to WP?

Fastlane screen is an example...not saying they should copy or anything like that but even Nokia found a way to add a sort of "notification" screen to their OS!

Surely Fastlane works a bit different - it shows the latest things you've been doing - but you get the idea lol

And from what i understood, you can also access it from the lockscreen

edit: Nokia revamped OS does have a notification center and quick settings...according to Engadget, it works pretty similar to Android!

again, i'm not saying MS should copy or anything of the sort but if Nokia can do it, so can they!
i'll be looking forward to next WP updates to see how/when MS will address this much requested feature from users!

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The quoted figures of 17 hours talktime and 48 days of standby are definitely impressive. That's one thing I'd like to see improved in WP8 as time goes by - improved battery life (it's not that bad now, but 48 days is amazing). We know that MS are already working on a notification screen for WP8 but we're not entirely sure when we'll see it. Hopefully Nokia's ideas here can speed the process up as we know they work closely together.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Fastlane looks like an interesting concept. I'd be interested to see what it would be like if it were implemented in WP. A swipe to the right comes to mind and I reckon this would be more useful than the current hold back button multi-tasking. Seems like it would fit in more with the OS since swiping left brings up app list and I feel like it would be more fluid.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Really cool and cute little device.
Been having fun playing with the emulator all day.
I'm really going to get one of this when it comes out. :)

Asha501.jpg

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that they would release this phone: Picture of upcoming Asha phones (earlier leaked preview) with cool design language Leaked ! | Nokiapoweruser

I was planning to get the 5 MP 3G version.. looks like I have to wait for some more time.

I think Nokia should also make a 3.5 inch phone with 5 MP and this software.. it will be a hit.. yes.. app might not be there.. but not every one needs apps..
This^
Make it a 3.5" nHD AMOLED screen just like the N8 and a good 5 MP EDoF camera and you have three sales from me!
Also, 256 MB RAM and at least 1 GB Internal Storage. Make it happen, Nokia!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss