Google I/O: Has Google given up on Windows Phone and Blackberry?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Everything at the I/O keynote was about Android, Chrome and iOS. Makes we wonder if Google has given up on developing anything for the Windows Phone or Blackberry platform? Surely, Google's can't think a duopoly is good for them if their idea is to get as many people as they can to use their services. confused246ey1in.gif

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would they want the market split competitively three ways.. (or even four)? This will just mean less customers for them and this means less money for them.

Google is here to make money, not friends.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Why would they want the market split competitively three ways.. (or even four)? This will just mean less customers for them and this means less money for them.

Google is here to make money, not friends.
I am talking about them not developing apps on competing platforms such as Windows Phone and BlackBerry. The more users they have using those services, the more money they make. Right now it seems like they are completely excluding WP and BB from their mobile strategy.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It has been clear, Google thinks that they are determined to be s the next MS. Apple was not and will not be the mass brand like MS, no worries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans