Funky title right?

Not an easy thing to explain, but basically I'm trying to help my dad out. He is a small business owner and is looking towards tech to help him!

Now the business he owns is a custom kitchen design studio and he has 4 stores and I think about 15 designers. Each store has a HUGE collection of samples of drawer heads/finishes/stone/and lots more. For each sample, he has about 3-5 extra samples he uses so that customers can take them home to see how they match the house.

Here's the problem.

The designers that give out these samples are suppose to keep track of them so that they don't disappear... but they don't.

What I would like to set up for him is some kind of electronic system that allows each designer to enter into the system which block they are checking out or in; kind of like a library works. He would also like to be able to see what each of the stores have in stock and who has what checked out on his personal computer.

What would be the best solution? Software? Should I set up a website and database (limited programming abilities)? Cheap is awesome, free is better. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    05-22-2013 09:32 PM