I wanted to switch to MS for my email purposes, away from Gmail. I created an outlook account and started forwarding my Gmail emails. I was setting the new outlook account up and noticed that it says " outlook exchange & office 365 " and then on top it says " windows live, hot mail, messenger and xbl ". So is outlook an email client like Gmail and hotmail or is it something else? Also will I be able to use the messenger with outlook ( I'm just going to assume it has one ).

Thanks in advance.
    05-24-2013 07:44 AM
    I wanted to switch to MS for my email purposes, away from Gmail. I created an outlook account and started forwarding my Gmail emails. I was setting the new outlook account up and noticed that it says " outlook exchange & office 365 " and then on top it says " windows live, hot mail, messenger and xbl ". So is outlook an email client like Gmail and hotmail or is it something else? Also will I be able to use the messenger with outlook ( I'm just going to assume it has one ).

Thanks in advance.
    Outlook.com is now the new MS email service. If you have a hotmail or live email it is now an Outlook.com email. It's still the same email address it's just connected to Outlook.com now. So unlike Google or other emails you can sync calendar and other bits. As for Messenger I thought that was dead to unless I'm mistaken. Also if you use the Outlook.com email you get to use the new Outlook icon, very exciting.
    WasteSomeTime likes this.
    05-24-2013 07:58 AM
    Thanks. That straightens things out a lot. I switched because I don't like the way google behaves as a company and yeah the new icon had something to do with it.
    05-24-2013 08:06 AM
    You can also use your MS Account email if it's a hotmail or live account to setup Outlook. I did a thread under the Windows Phone 8 to show that you can get the new Outlook icon. using the same email. You just turn off the MS Account email under setting, there's a check box (makes the email disappear completely and stops the email sync) and turn off the sync settings (except for email) for the Outlook email and you get the new icon. That's so you don't duplicate your calaendar and other things.
    05-24-2013 08:16 AM
    When I log into my live / Xbox account its a google account. So I just made a new outlook.
    05-24-2013 06:55 PM