how many of you print your pictures at the end?

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so we know there is always talks of sensors, MP's, softness, bluriness, fourms/threads dedicated to our smartphones, but how may of of you print your pictures? I mean at the end it is the memories that count right? I feel like we are getting lost of what the photo means to us. When I look at old photos of lets say of my family, never once I ask what camera you used, what lens. I look at them and appreciate the moment get lost in them and see time stood still in a moment. They say pictures are worth a thousands words but lately a thousand words have drowned the picture.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
You're right, there is an increasing trend of people taking tons of pictures during vacation just because it is an attraction (eg. Eiffel Tower), pictures of everything interesting but in the end we hardly ever look back at those photos...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Back in the day, only the photography nerds with the expensive SLRs and lenses (and sometimes home darkrooms) cared about lenses/settings. Everyone else just used a Kodak camera with cartridge film, not even 35mm.

Now everyone is a photography nerd due to the cameras on smartphones.

It also makes a difference because back in the day only the photography nerds shot an entire roll of film of the same subject, changing the settings. Everyone else just took a few pictures and didn't care if the pictures were perfect.

When people can shoot over and over again, and just delete what they don't like, rather than pay for more film (and not know the results until the pictures were printed) it's completely different.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I do think it's cool that anyone can be or at least feel like a photographer nowadays. However, I feel like the internet and options to share photos on a Facebook, Instagram or Flickr is mainly responsible for the loss of having physical photo in hand.

In the midst of all this, I worked in a local photo lab and it sort of helped me in discovering that feeling again.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do think it's cool that anyone can be or at least feel like a photographer nowadays. However, I feel like the internet and options to share photos on a Facebook, Instagram or Flickr is mainly responsible for the loss of having physical photo in hand.

In the midst of all this, I worked in a local photo lab and it sort of helped me in discovering that feeling again.
B&W, colour or both?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't print pictures all that much either mainly because after I've viewed them I rarely go back to them. An exception would probably be big family events and what not like a wedding. It is definitely nice though to sit together and go through picture albums with family and you remember those times. I generally look back on pictures on my PC since it's a bit more convenient for me and I occasionally put slideshows with music together.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I never print pictures. I have a digital pic frame on my desk at work, but I get lazy and rarely update the photos on it. I do look through my SkyDrive collection pretty often through the pictures hub... An underappreciated killer feature to windows phone.

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I are photographers with SLRs and don't use our phone cameras but we do print our favorite photos for frames and albums.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a dSLR user, but found myself getting obsessed more with gear than the actual photos, so I sold all my gear. These days, I use my phone and just picked up a Fuji X100S.

I did print out quite a few of my photos and have them hanging around the house and very happy with them. These days, I mainly upload photos to Flickr and share them socially with friends and family.

Photos here, for anyone who wants a peek

o Aperture o's photosets on Flickr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon