Can't believe we don't have a thread on these little portable time machines.

So, I will set up a little game and everyone can pitch in. I am not going to restrict anyone with what they read...so here goes:

Now Reading:

Before This:

My Favorite:

Absolutely Hated:

All you have to do is answer the four questions...that's it!

Cheers!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2013 06:30 AM
    Hmm. (I'm currently having a massive backlog of manga from gensokyo.org - explains why I've been so lazy lately)

Now Reading: Touhou Strange and Bright Nature Deity by ZUN and Makoto Hirasaka

Before This: Miko Miko Suika by Haniwa's Store (It's a doujin - and the doujinshi's name is normally an alias)

My Favorite: Touhou Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth by ZUN and Toshihira Arata

Absolutely Hated: Hmm. I haven't read a book I really hated yet. More like bored out of my mind.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    05-31-2013 06:50 AM
    That's cool Wandering Traveler, though to be completely honest, I haven't heard of any of those books, let alone read. So here goes my list:

Now Reading: Dan Brown's Inferno: A Novel

Before This: Stephen King's The Stand (left it mid-way, got too damn boring)

My Favorite: 2001:A Space Odyssey

Absolutely Hated: Never completely hated a book, but bored to death by a few many. (Oh wait...Tom Clancy's Red October or something may be.)
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    05-31-2013 07:12 AM
    Well, it is manga inspired by an obscure shmup known as Touhou.

Oh well.
    05-31-2013 07:22 AM
    Now Reading: Idea Man by Paul Allen

Before This:
    Whitey: The Life of America's Most Notorious Mob Boss by Richard Lehr & Gerard O'Neill

My Favorite: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Absolutely Hated: anything by Henry James that I was forced to read for a university literature course
    X0LARIUM and a5cent like this.
    05-31-2013 12:49 PM
    I don't really read books as much, more of a magazine guy (Nat geo, uni alum mag).

Now Reading:
    With the Old Breed by E.B. Sledge (wanted to read it after watching the Pacific TV series)

Before This:
    can I include my old engineering books from uni

My Favorite: Probably With the Old Breed from what I've read so far.

Absolutely Hated: none that I can think of.

@XENOPHOS: is that Red October book about that russian sub? I think I watched the movie with Sean Connery..the hunt for red october. I think that was it. I liked that movie.
    06-03-2013 08:34 AM
    Now reading: Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCoullough.

Before: Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow (again)

Favorite: the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy collection.

Hated: none I can think of.
    a5cent and GSOgymrat like this.
    06-03-2013 02:15 PM

@XENOPHOS: is that Red October book about that russian sub? I think I watched the movie with Sean Connery..the hunt for red october. I think that was it. I liked that movie.
    Yup thats the one...every page put me to sleep like I was on drugs. Couldn't go beyond the first chapter.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2013 12:25 AM
    Yup thats the one...every page put me to sleep like I was on drugs. Couldn't go beyond the first chapter.
    I never read the book, but the movie bored me. I generally like Sean Connery movies too, but not that one.
    06-04-2013 12:29 AM
    I never read the book, but the movie bored me. I generally like Sean Connery movies too, but not that one.
    So the movies boring too eh?
    06-04-2013 02:13 AM
    Now Reading: Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change by William R. Miller & Stephen Rollnick

Before This: The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined by Steven Pinker

My Favorite: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Absolutely Hated: The only book I finished that I really didn't like was Zig Ziglar's: The Secrets of Closing the Sale, which I read at the insistence of a friend because he said it completely changed his life.
    06-04-2013 07:58 AM
    Now Reading: The Simon Scarrow "Eagles" series (one after the other)

Before This: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

My Favourite: Dragon's Egg by Robert L Forward

Absolutely Hated: A book by James Patterson. I forget what it was called, but it was some Utopian "Brave New World" rip-off and it was truly awful. I only gave it 20 pages before throwing it.
    06-05-2013 05:47 AM