Hi all

Well it nearly here the PS4 announcement in another 4 - 6 hours and I'm very optimistic about this as you can tell.

However this is want I would like to see in the announcement:

1. The console itself just to see the new design and improvement upon the PS3 (a better fan).

2. Graphics pushed to the limit of it life with it 8 core CPU and 8GB of RAM.

3. Better AI for open world games that act a bit more human like.

4. Longer game stories double the normal 6 - 12 hours (if humanly possible).

5. Something awesome!!!

Other have any suggestions or improvements comment below.
    06-10-2013 07:37 AM
    I also forgot the main important part keep online free no PlayStation Plus subscription!
    06-10-2013 07:45 AM
    Its going to be an interesting week and I'm looking forward to watching the PS4 announcement for numerous reasons. Mainly how they react to what MS have done so far and how they are tackling some of the issues.

I don't think the graphics are going to be anything mind-blowing yet - as with the PS3 and xbox 360 it took numerous years for game developers to see what the consoles could do and really push those polygons.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 08:26 AM
    Its going to be an interesting week and I'm looking forward to watching the PS4 announcement for numerous reasons. Mainly how they react to what MS have done so far and how they are tackling some of the issues.

I don't think the graphics are going to be anything mind-blowing yet - as with the PS3 and xbox 360 it took numerous years for game developers to see what the consoles could do and really push those polygons.
    Yes those polygons are hard to push.
    06-10-2013 08:29 AM
    4 - 6 hours? Isn't Sony's press conference in the evening? 6pm PST/9pm EST.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 08:52 AM
    I can't see Sony's policy's much different than Microsoft's. Especially since Publishers love the idea of getting returns on their used games. First Gen games will look good, but it won't be until Gen 2-3 games come that the games will really blow us away. Takes time for devs to get comfortable and familiar with the new systems tools.

I'll eventually have both systems, just depends which I get first at this point.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 08:59 AM
    4 - 6 hours? Isn't Sony's press conference in the evening? 6pm PST/9pm EST.
    I wasn't too sure on the time so I did a estimated time.
    06-10-2013 09:09 AM
    I just want to see PS4 vs Xbox One. My cousin is getting the PS4 and is trying for me to get one and I'm convincing my cousin to get a Xbox One.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:20 AM
    I just want to see PS4 vs Xbox One. My cousin is getting the PS4 and is trying for me to get one and I'm convincing my cousin to get a Xbox One.
    I'm doing the same with my friend and work colleague, trying to tempt them with the PS4 it not going to well mainly because both systems are identical spec wise.
    06-10-2013 09:37 AM
    Think I will have to catch the juicy bits from the presentation in the morning it doesn't start until 6pm so that's 1am here. Just glad I get to sit at work and watch MS conference.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:43 AM
    I'm doing the same with my friend and work colleague, trying to tempt them with the PS4 it not going to well mainly because both systems are identical spec wise.
    Any specific reason you root for the PS4? :P I mean you are here so one might think you would root for the MS ecosystem :D Is it the exclusives? The DRM/used games policy? Or what is it? :D
    unstoppablekem and BIGPADDY like this.
    06-10-2013 09:45 AM
    Any specific reason you root for the PS4? :P I mean you are here so one might think you would root for the MS ecosystem :D Is it the exclusives? The DRM/used games policy? Or what is it? :D
    Well the main reason may seem odd but it like this, my story begins when I was a kid at about 5 or 6 I had the PS1 which was in 2000 - 2001 and loved it, then I went to PS2, I will admit I never heard of the xbox when I had the PS2 but I did know of the gamecube. With the PS2 I started playing all of the SONY exclusives and got very addictive to them such as ratchet and clank, sly cooper, god of war to name a few.

The time the PS3 was released I knew of the Xbox 360 by then however it was 2 - 3 years later when I brought a PS3, I admit that there was one xbox exclusive that I wanted which was gears of war however I was so use to the PlayStation ecosystem as you say (controller) and it being a part of my life since I was young as well as the exclusive, so I went with PS3.

So I'm more then likely going to buy the PS4 next year and continue with PlayStation until they screw it up or I become more interested in PC gaming or get extra money and buy both PS4 and xbox one, I would love to buy both but sadly it comes down to money.

That was longer then expected I hope you enjoyed BIGPADDY STORY.
    06-10-2013 10:54 AM
    Paddy, don't you know this is a Microsoft forum? So please get an Xbox one instead. :D
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:59 AM
    Paddy, don't you know this is a Microsoft forum? So please get an Xbox one instead. :D
    You do know this is my thread, so buy a PS4 and I can add you as a friend with an unlimited limit.
    06-10-2013 11:33 AM
    I am leaning towards a PS4 so I cannae wait for the reveal!
    06-10-2013 01:25 PM
    I am leaning towards a PS4 so I cannae wait for the reveal!
    You know your making the right decision.
    06-10-2013 01:39 PM
    Because I live in the UK is the PS4 keynote time going to be at 2:30am if so I be watching it on YouTube and reading from other sites.
    06-10-2013 04:12 PM
    am just a happy windows phone lover and owner that loves sony :), f*ck me right? =P
    06-10-2013 06:14 PM
    Is it just me, or is Sony kinda bombing right now?

Spending a lot of time on multiplatform stuff.
    06-10-2013 09:38 PM
    Is it just me, or is Sony kinda bombing right now?

Spending a lot of time on multiplatform stuff.
    I was pretty much thinking the same thing. Of the titles I was interested in, I would go to look up the name to see if they were on both platforms, but it started becoming blatantly obvious when someone would say, "Coming soon with [extra hour of content or early beta access, etc.] exclusively for PS4". inFamous looks really cool and I would definitely play it (does remind me a bit of some multiplat title from a while back, can't remember the name), but I don't think I'd be buying a PS4 just for that.

Sony killed it more toward the end though with two big pluses over Microsoft:
    1 - A MUCH more palatable price of $399
    2 - No issues with used disc-based games. This part of the presentation was a metaphorical middle finger to Microsoft, and I couldn't help but laugh at it. Props to them though for keeping that away.

Now I'm even more interested in how devs will respond... will the big devs prefer Microsoft's DRM vs Sony's non-DRM? Who will end up getting all the games in the future? (Not counting indie titles, as Sony seems to have won that as well)

One thing they glossed over - except for one brief curious slide mention, and now confirmed by Sony's twitter account, is how online multiplayer now requires PS+. That's fine, we all figured that's what Sony needed to do eventually... but.... what I really want to see is the 180 degree turn from people who slammed Microsoft's required subscription fee for gaming, when suddenly it's not free for them, either. And will Sony put up a paywall for Netflix and Hulu Plus, like Microsoft?

Both companies have gone different directions. Either way, glad I watched both events (as well as EA's events). Sony had some good multi-plat titles I'm interested in, and I got some facts from Sony before the internet rumors and slandering starts.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:12 PM
    It feels like it mainly because compared to the game list, Sony had far more games, exclusives and third party. They did spend a lot of time on AC4 and Watch Dogs...the latter at least was worth it.

Quick Pros and Cons list for Sony:

Pros:
    -Mass Indie Game Support. 10+ games shown?
    -PSN+ stepping it up
    -No used game restriction
    -Infamous 2
    -Final Fantasy Versus
    -KINGDOM HEARTS
    -Mad Max

Cons:
    -A lot of third party games
    -PSN+ required to play online. Pretty much XBL
    -Console design?? I think it's okay. At least it's small.
    -Probably missing some other stuff.

Sony started off super slow with the technical difficulties, Vita, and PS3 support (boring, but necessary). MS just skimmed the 360 really quickly. The bombshells obviously were the price and used games.

Also, keep in mind. Some of the MS games will also end on PC or be MP as well (Witcher, MGS, Battlefield come to mind).
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:17 PM
    For big budget games, Sony's conference was pretty much, "Look at this awesome game!"*

*will also be on Xbox One.

The used game stuff played to the crowd of game journalists and bloggers who really hate DRM. I don't think it matters much to the general public. It matters a little, but not much.

But that $399 price was a bombshell. That will definitely be great for them.

But I can't help but wonder if the price and used-game friendly talk is just there to cover the fact that they barely showed and big budget exclusives.
    Mystictrust and BIGPADDY like this.
    06-10-2013 10:26 PM
    Sony will probably get off to a slow start. We don't know how many games will be available for both consoles day 1. Historically speaking, every console takes its time getting off the ground in the games department. What Sony does have an advantage is that due to the Indie support, there will be plenty of games via PSN that will be available to DL for free or at a good price. Indie or Triple A, having more games on your side can't be a bad thing.

The bigger series like Uncharted and KH will probably come much later in the cycle. And this is also why I usually wait two years before buying a console. Better video game library + a drop in price.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:31 PM
    Man, if you did know about the Xbox and Xbox 360 tiil 2 years with the PS3, you was kidnapped and you're in a place in the woods without any communication, or was in a coma!
    06-10-2013 10:43 PM
    Man, if you did know about the Xbox and Xbox 360 tiil 2 years with the PS3, you was kidnapped and you're in a place in the woods without any communication, or was in a coma!
    I was living in a cave.
    06-11-2013 03:18 PM