PS4 Announcement It's Almost Upon Us!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Well it nearly here the PS4 announcement in another 4 - 6 hours and I'm very optimistic about this as you can tell.

However this is want I would like to see in the announcement:

1. The console itself just to see the new design and improvement upon the PS3 (a better fan). :wink:

2. Graphics pushed to the limit of it life with it 8 core CPU and 8GB of RAM.

3. Better AI for open world games that act a bit more human like.

4. Longer game stories double the normal 6 - 12 hours (if humanly possible).

5. Something awesome!!! :wink:

Other have any suggestions or improvements comment below.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its going to be an interesting week and I'm looking forward to watching the PS4 announcement for numerous reasons. Mainly how they react to what MS have done so far and how they are tackling some of the issues.

I don't think the graphics are going to be anything mind-blowing yet - as with the PS3 and xbox 360 it took numerous years for game developers to see what the consoles could do and really push those polygons.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Its going to be an interesting week and I'm looking forward to watching the PS4 announcement for numerous reasons. Mainly how they react to what MS have done so far and how they are tackling some of the issues.

I don't think the graphics are going to be anything mind-blowing yet - as with the PS3 and xbox 360 it took numerous years for game developers to see what the consoles could do and really push those polygons.

Yes those polygons are hard to push. :wink:

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't see Sony's policy's much different than Microsoft's. Especially since Publishers love the idea of getting returns on their used games. First Gen games will look good, but it won't be until Gen 2-3 games come that the games will really blow us away. Takes time for devs to get comfortable and familiar with the new systems tools.

I'll eventually have both systems, just depends which I get first at this point.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I just want to see PS4 vs Xbox One. My cousin is getting the PS4 and is trying for me to get one and I'm convincing my cousin to get a Xbox One.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just want to see PS4 vs Xbox One. My cousin is getting the PS4 and is trying for me to get one and I'm convincing my cousin to get a Xbox One.

I'm doing the same with my friend and work colleague, trying to tempt them with the PS4 it not going to well mainly because both systems are identical spec wise.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Think I will have to catch the juicy bits from the presentation in the morning it doesn't start until 6pm so that's 1am here. Just glad I get to sit at work and watch MS conference.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing the same with my friend and work colleague, trying to tempt them with the PS4 it not going to well mainly because both systems are identical spec wise.

Any specific reason you root for the PS4? :p I mean you are here so one might think you would root for the MS ecosystem :D Is it the exclusives? The DRM/used games policy? Or what is it? :D

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Any specific reason you root for the PS4? :p I mean you are here so one might think you would root for the MS ecosystem :D Is it the exclusives? The DRM/used games policy? Or what is it? :D

Well the main reason may seem odd but it like this, my story begins when I was a kid at about 5 or 6 I had the PS1 which was in 2000 - 2001 and loved it, then I went to PS2, I will admit I never heard of the xbox when I had the PS2 but I did know of the gamecube. With the PS2 I started playing all of the SONY exclusives and got very addictive to them such as ratchet and clank, sly cooper, god of war to name a few.

The time the PS3 was released I knew of the Xbox 360 by then however it was 2 - 3 years later when I brought a PS3, I admit that there was one xbox exclusive that I wanted which was gears of war however I was so use to the PlayStation ecosystem as you say (controller) and it being a part of my life since I was young as well as the exclusive, so I went with PS3.

So I'm more then likely going to buy the PS4 next year and continue with PlayStation until they screw it up or I become more interested in PC gaming or get extra money and buy both PS4 and xbox one, I would love to buy both but sadly it comes down to money.

That was longer then expected I hope you enjoyed BIGPADDY STORY.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Because I live in the UK is the PS4 keynote time going to be at 2:30am if so I be watching it on YouTube and reading from other sites.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or is Sony kinda bombing right now?

Spending a lot of time on multiplatform stuff.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. Of the titles I was interested in, I would go to look up the name to see if they were on both platforms, but it started becoming blatantly obvious when someone would say, "Coming soon with [extra hour of content or early beta access, etc.] exclusively for PS4". inFamous looks really cool and I would definitely play it (does remind me a bit of some multiplat title from a while back, can't remember the name), but I don't think I'd be buying a PS4 just for that.

Sony killed it more toward the end though with two big pluses over Microsoft:
1 - A MUCH more palatable price of $399
2 - No issues with used disc-based games. This part of the presentation was a metaphorical middle finger to Microsoft, and I couldn't help but laugh at it. Props to them though for keeping that away.

Now I'm even more interested in how devs will respond... will the big devs prefer Microsoft's DRM vs Sony's non-DRM? Who will end up getting all the games in the future? (Not counting indie titles, as Sony seems to have won that as well)

One thing they glossed over - except for one brief curious slide mention, and now confirmed by Sony's twitter account, is how online multiplayer now requires PS+. That's fine, we all figured that's what Sony needed to do eventually... but.... what I really want to see is the 180 degree turn from people who slammed Microsoft's required subscription fee for gaming, when suddenly it's not free for them, either. And will Sony put up a paywall for Netflix and Hulu Plus, like Microsoft?

Both companies have gone different directions. Either way, glad I watched both events (as well as EA's events). Sony had some good multi-plat titles I'm interested in, and I got some facts from Sony before the internet rumors and slandering starts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos