Microsoft's //build/ 2013 and what we expect to find this week in San Francisco | Windows Phone Central

Microsoft's Build 2013 is this week and WPCentral will be on the ground covering the news. What are you expecting to see this year at Microsoft's developer conference?
    06-24-2013 07:48 PM
    Dev oriented things :
    Windows 8.1 , I really want to see how they have improved the code sharing between W8 and WP8, it's already very good but we need more improvement.

I also would like a sneek peek into WP8.1 (unlikely IMO)

Monetization - if they are expanding their AD platform

and some unconditional love for WP by announcing awesome apps/games /future updates :D

and what's with those Swag with Flair illustrations? I don't get it.
    abel920 likes this.
    06-24-2013 07:54 PM
    Microsoft's //build/ 2013 and what we expect to find this week in San Francisco | Windows Phone Central

Microsoft's Build 2013 is this week and WPCentral will be on the ground covering the news. What are you expecting to see this year at Microsoft's developer conference?
    New Surface Pro hardware, Xbox One, or Surface Phone are my guesses... I'll letcha know Wed night, Dave... :p
    06-24-2013 08:04 PM
    New Surface Pro hardware, Xbox One, or Surface Phone are my guesses... I'll letcha know Wed night, Dave... :p
    Text me form the floor brow. It going to be nice having a friend in the building this year. Remember I a living vicariously through you so don't disappoint. No pressure...lol
    06-24-2013 08:19 PM
    I hope to see their hardware lineup for the fall and a price cut on current Surface hardware. That would be awesome.
    abel920 likes this.
    06-24-2013 11:46 PM
    Dev oriented things :
    Windows 8.1 , I really want to see how they have improved the code sharing between W8 and WP8, it's already very good but we need more improvement.

I also would like a sneek peek into WP8.1 (unlikely IMO)

Monetization - if they are expanding their AD platform

and some unconditional love for WP by announcing awesome apps/games /future updates :D

and what's with those Swag with Flair illustrations? I don't get it.
    What's the "Swag with Flair"? I haven't seen anything about that, unless I'm missing something.
    06-25-2013 12:05 AM
    I'd be content with finding out when WP8 will be getting Xbox Video support
    theefman likes this.
    06-25-2013 12:59 AM
    I hope to see their hardware lineup for the fall and a price cut on current Surface hardware. That would be awesome.
    Me too!! 😏
    06-25-2013 09:22 AM
    I am interested in seeing how this OS will be deployed in the enterprise and any differences, subtle or not on how non technical types and their applications will co-exist. I want to get a sense of what fears might get perpetuated by those making the decisions. And most of all solutions, solutions, solutions.
    06-25-2013 07:53 PM
    Is this streaming?
    06-25-2013 09:36 PM
    • VSE for Xbox One along with some sample apps/games to demo (on Windows 8 hardware, of course)
    • New apps announced that take advantage of Windows 8.1
    • Nothing on the Windows Phone front except maybe a new app or two that most people won't care about
    • A few big announcements (and some smaller ones) for devs and other partners that will incentivize them to develop for Windows

I really don't any hardware announcements or anything really big that most people here would be interested in. BUILD is for devs. I do expect to hear about some cool new tools and services, and see some impressive demos of technologies that devs will be able to implement into their apps. That's what really interests me about BUILD. That, and the cool design presentations. ^_^

Someone else mentioned their new ad platform, and I'd personally love to see more on this. The new ads look very slick and if advertisers buy into the platform, I'd be more likely to actually click on ads.

Edit: What would really be cool is if they announced Kinect 2.0 for Windows, releasing soon. A great way for devs to start building apps for the device, especially since it's standard with every Xbox One. I really think that thing will be one of the major differentiators between the consoles.
    Last edited by Rico; 06-26-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    06-26-2013 08:05 AM
    Hmmm hoping not to be dissapointed

Surface Phones sounds interesting, but not sure if they will compare to Nokia's WP IMO
    06-26-2013 09:51 AM
    What the heck. Did they even mention Windows Phone?

8.1 looks cool though.
    06-26-2013 01:06 PM
    Alot of sessions are dealing with developing for Windows Phone (and Windows Store). Lots of tablets and phones are on display at the vendor floor. I noticed something interesting in one of the Windows Phone sessions, but didn't get a chance to bug the speaker about it.
    06-26-2013 05:40 PM
    Are there waffles?

<misty-eyed memories of TechEd Barcelona, 2006>
    06-27-2013 08:32 AM
    Are there waffles?

<misty-eyed memories of TechEd Barcelona, 2006>
    There wasn't any yesterday, but today is a new day...

They gave out hotdogs and Cracker Jack while we were waiting in line for swag. I was bummed when my cohorts wanted to bail out of the TypeScript session halfway to get in line, but was happy after I saw how big the swag line got.
    06-27-2013 09:57 AM
    I updated to 8.1 and now internet explorer is acting up. What should I do? I know its a beta and there are bugs but what's the best way to address it. And if it gets too frustrating how do I switch back?
    06-27-2013 04:26 PM
    I updated to 8.1 and now internet explorer is acting up. What should I do? I know its a beta and there are bugs but what's the best way to address it. And if it gets too frustrating how do I switch back?
    This may help: Windows 8.1 Preview FAQ - Microsoft Windows
    06-27-2013 05:38 PM
    Didn't help. I'm using MSN and it's doing the trick. I can now wait for the full version
    07-02-2013 04:58 PM