Looks awesome. I hope this comes to the Xbox sooner than later.

06-27-2013 10:41 PM
    Innovative, he said that XBox one already has the tech right? I hope Devs make games capable.
    However, game developers always choose the lowest common denominator in power for cross platform games i.e. they will choose to code in such a way that it will work on the lowest powered to highest powered consoles.

So we might see exclusives like Halo using this tech which would be awesome.
    06-28-2013 05:50 AM
    Innovative, he said that XBox one already has the tech right? I hope Devs make games capable.
    However, game developers always choose the lowest common denominator in power for cross platform games i.e. they will choose to code in such a way that it will work on the lowest powered to highest powered consoles.

So we might see exclusives like Halo using this tech which would be awesome.
    This tech is in AMD GPUs now, and PS4 will support it too.
    06-28-2013 02:49 PM
    This tech is in AMD GPUs now, and PS4 will support it too.
    Uh oh no, Developers on the PS4 do not use DirectX but OpenGL which can do this stuff too but im not sure if it has a proper API for it, you can do what they show even on DX right now.. but.. you'd need to design your whole engine with your own method etc, it's a bloat load of effort for little gain so hardly anbody is using such tech, but a API is easy to target, there is no need to invent your own little thing, it's right there at reach.

Forza 5 is using this tech if you look at the E3 demo.
    06-28-2013 07:25 PM
    Uh oh no, Developers on the PS4 do not use DirectX but OpenGL which can do this stuff too but im not sure if it has a proper API for it, you can do what they show even on DX right now.. but.. you'd need to design your whole engine with your own method etc, it's a bloat load of effort for little gain so hardly anbody is using such tech, but a API is easy to target, there is no need to invent your own little thing, it's right there at reach.

Forza 5 is using this tech if you look at the E3 demo.
    There is an OpenGL extension for AMD GPUs ;)
    06-28-2013 11:14 PM
    There is an OpenGL extension for AMD GPUs ;)
    And what has that to do with DirectX?
    06-29-2013 06:25 AM
    And what has that to do with DirectX?
    I just said "Sparse Textures" (or Partially Resident Textures) have been in AMD GPUs since 2011, and the tech can be used on OpenGL (PS4).

I guess DirectX 11.2 implementation is better and Xbox One will have better performance.
    06-29-2013 01:01 PM