Why do you come to this forum?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I can not for the life of me figure out why people who hate WP and MS in general post on WPC. I don't particularly care for iphones (preference, no need to start a " iPhones rule bla bla bla") therefore I have no interest in going to imore and posting. I used to be on crackberry and I would see "blackberry sucks android rules!" type of thing all the time and didn't understand it then. I see posters that talk about how Nokia is all right but the OS sucks! Then what the hell are you doing here. Constructive criticism is great. I'm right there . I wish you could make a playlist with out asking the pope. But I do not extrapolate that in to the whole friggin thing sucks. I guess I am trying to look at this logically and not through the eyes of either fifteen year olds ( or mental equivalent) or a dude getting a pay check for hitting forums and talking smack. But the guy that just gets on forums that he hates just to talk s***, man you don't have to do this, find your happy place. God loves you. Peace.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
it's open for everyone. The moderators and all involved are constantly monitoring any nuisances. Anyone can post their thoughts even if they are disappointed or are very happy with the happenings.

It's best to ignore anyone who pisses you off or report them if they are violating any guidelines .

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-com-site-news-feedback-help/204020-rules.html

I make it a necessity to share and showcase what I like so much about the WP to others who are interested. People are getting way too invested in phones and tech :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I've owned a lot of Windows Mobile devices, including for example the Qtek 9000 - Full phone specifications , then Windows Phone was announced and even though the features were laughable in comparison, I went for it, bought a Samsung Omnia 7 (my brother used to have a HTC HD7), then a Nokia Lumia 800, then a Samsung Omnia W and now I'm using a HTC 8X.

At my office and on my Laptop I use Windows 7, at home I have installed Windows 8.

I think those are enough reasons to be here. But there is no reason why I shouldn't be critical. There are many aspects I don't like about Windows Phone, mostly features I miss and the slow pace of Microsoft. There are even more aspects I don't like about Windows 8 (I think it's terrible to be exact). And I think I should be allowed to express my opinion about this.

There are many people here on the opposite side and I think blind fanboys are just as bad. As long as people stay polite, they should be allowed to write their opinion.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
There is always going to be haters and trolls no matter what website you visit. Don't take their comments too seriously. I know I occasionally get drawn into those topics and get pretty annoyed by them but we have our views and likes about particular products. Just be content with what you like.

As to why I chose this forum in particular, I liked how the site/forum was presented. I think I had a question I wanted to ask and felt this was the best place to get an answer. From there on, I just liked the community, the discussions, the sharing of opinions/feedback about various windows phone topics. I also felt with my past experiences and problems, that I might be able to help someone else who runs into a similar issue.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Because it's a great community. Windows Phone is awesome, some of the discussions are very good to be a part of.

Trolls don't bother me, they'll be never a real problem to me. :)

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think my post was understood. I'm not saying anyone should be banned or be critical. I said constructive criticism is good actually. I was addressing the jackwagons that don't own the phone, will never own the phone, and literally despise anything WP. I was just simple asking why go to a forum for a product you hate (which is wierd hating a phone?).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a great community, often filled with very constructive conversations. The trolls don't bother me, just throw a bridge over them and let them wallow in their own mess and ignore them...

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I do agree that its perplexing and a waste of time to post in a forum about something you don't like. On the other hat, I also think one's priorities are out of wack when you claim to hate a device (Really?) or a company that really doesn't even care if you exist.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
because its like a one big 24/7 worldwide windowsphone fans meeting were everyone share their thoughts / love for windowsphone :cool:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As Chregu noted, I too have had a lot of Windows Mobile/ Windows Phone devices and W7 laptop/tablets. As he/she also noted, when WP7 came out, the lack of functionality was laughable but the fluid OS and the ability to go days without any soft resets was worth the price of admission. People expect a new OS to be mature right out of the box but that simply isn't feasible because 3rd party apps will take time. MS has laid down some pretty strict guidelines for their system but the result is that you can go from an early LG Quantum to a brand new 920 and not miss a beat. Try going from an HTC Sense Android to a Samsung Touchwiz device without a learning curve. As for the so-called trolls, they have issues that extend beyond phones. My guess is they've never experienced the opposite sex, or same sex if that floats your boat, I don't judge because I will be judged.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I let the trolls be myself, its just wierd. Never been with the opposite/same sex huh? Could be. Could be. 95% of the time good info and post, but when a new devices comes out ( ie 1020) the haters start hating. To me its like Frigidaire announcing a new refrigerator and hitting the forums with: " its hardly an upgrade. It only gets to 38 degrees. What a joke." I come the WPC because I like the devise, that's it. No food.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think my post was understood. I'm not saying anyone should be banned or be critical. I said constructive criticism is good actually. I was addressing the jackwagons that don't own the phone, will never own the phone, and literally despise anything WP. I was just simple asking why go to a forum for a product you hate (which is wierd hating a phone?).

I've followed these 'mobile' wars for some time. People hate on all the other platforms too, so it's not just us. Why do people do it? Simple, because they can. Have you ever seen the YouTube comments? The internet is rife with this kind of thing.

I come here simply to see the good, the bad and the ugly and see if I can help occasionally. I do my best to stay neutral about any and all mobile platforms. I dislike comments of people hating on other platforms as much as I dislike people hating on WP. I don't believe in blind obedience to any mobile platform or company. I just want the best experience I can get as a consumer/customer.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I work for the NSA, so I come here as part of my job.

* Maybe that was a lie....
... Or maybe not...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I like WP, I like WP gossip, I enjoy mobile, and I really, really like this community. I first posted on Phone Arena, and I enjoyed that community for many years. But it has turned into a very negative place to hang out. There are just nasty comments aimed at each other. I still go there and a few other sites to keep up with news and reviews, but I like it here.

Besides, the posters on here make me laugh a lot. I like to laugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos