WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I'm going home now. Picking up some ice cream on the way. Nothing more to say, nothing but ice cream on my mind.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I could use a jamoca shake right about now... Well, beer would be better, but I can't enjoy a beer at work... Stupid workplace rules :[

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK here's some promotion of Finland -

A picture of the archipelago in the Bay of Finland. I was on a small boat and it was close to sunset.

WP_20130808_016.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Cool. I got the Monster/Nokia Purity In ears after seeing what MSFTisMIA had to say about them. I was deciding between the S4 w/ mic and those. How do you like the sound quality on the S4?
I do. I can't compare to the Nokia headphones, since I've never even seen Nokia headphones except on websites. Nobody I know has Nokia headphones, but then again a lot of people I know never even heard of Nokia.

A friend has the S4 and recommended them, so that's how I found out about them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I got the star wars version - got a little way through it, got bored haven't played it for months - did the same with cut the rope, I tend to go through puzzle games pretty quickly. Think I did all 300 levels of Flow free in a week playing 30 minutes a day. Prefer playing PinballFX2 on the surface the star wars tables never get old.
That's why I really don't buy games. They're expensive considering how easily I get bored with them. Heck, I even get bored with the free games. I got bored with Wordament and haven't played it in months. I'm thinking of just deleting all the games I have, since they just take up space and I never play them. I have some games I installed just because they were free (Assasin's Creed, Contract Killer, Earthworm Jim, Fragger, Gravity Guy, iStunt2, Mirror's Edge, Monster Island) but I've never played them once and haven't the foggiest idea what they are.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm partial to non-fiction books lately. I've been meaning to read 1984 for years but just never got around to it. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

Only the beginning of life is a bit mysterious, life is what you make of it! :)
1984 was required reading in high school English class.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Mostly during my bachelor studies I had to learn a incredible amount of biological facts and figures. I'm glad if I can remember 1 % of it now... don't ask me anything about plants, all they do is standing around, being green and having the most complex biochemistry ;-)

I hated molecular biology and biochemistry (actually hated all chemistry). All I remember about the Krebs Cycle is that I despised having my memorize it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I hated molecular biology and biochemistry (actually hated all chemistry). All I remember about the Krebs Cycle is that I despised having my memorize it.

I remember the first basic biochemistry lecture series well. I was sitting there week after week getting nothing at all. And during the last lecture the professor told us: "If you don't know what I'm showing you know, you'll fail the exam."

...I had no, really no idea what he was talking about. But I was always learning mostly between lectures and exams, I did very well after all.

I had a very intensive biochemistry course in the 6th semester that was 6 weeks long. We learned a lot of practical stuff there, I liked this. Most people hated it ;-)

All in all I had to learn the Krebs Cycle (and all the other cycles...) three times during the bachelor, after a week everything was gone every single time. I think I'd have troubles stating one enzyme involved...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well that was a fail! Stupid Tapatalk posts pictures in iMore but not here. I tried to attach a picture of the sign outside the gym. That was the point of my enzyme comment.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well that was a fail! Stupid Tapatalk posts pictures in iMore but not here. I tried to attach a picture of the sign outside the gym. That was the point of my enzyme comment.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Hmmm if I remember correctly or a little from my biology in High school are enzymes the things that break up things so our body can use them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb