I was in Ireland last May and had some pretty good food. Italian, Lebanese, French, Indian and a typical meat and potatoes place. Not bad for a vegetarian.
    So basically everything you listed almost was cuisine from other countries, not really local fare.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:34 AM
    So basically everything you listed almost was cuisine from other countries, not really local fare.
    LOL! Well, the idea of 'local' has sort of gone out the window here.
    stmav likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:35 AM
    here is Saudi Arabia....we do get canned ones but they are already sliced.
    I think we should try and create a map showing all the regular posters on this thread. It would be an interesting smorgasbord.
    01-29-2014 09:36 AM
    I think we should try and create a map showing all the regular posters on this thread. It would be an interesting smorgasbord.
    Would be cool if WPC had a map of all their users in general.
    01-29-2014 09:37 AM
    Traditional foods will always be a bit bland in Ireland and Scotland but there's a strong shift away from that or more of a modern take on it anyway. The variety of restaurants you can find in the major cities now is quite amazing. The best Chinese restaurant I've been to so far has been in Newcastle of all places.

Indian food is a big thing here and all the Asian cuisines are starting to become more popular. If you want a variety of food it's definitely here.
    Agreed. Best Chinese food I have had was in Dundee of all places!
    In 2008 I had Indonesian on Friday night in Copenhagen, Chinese in Stockholm on Saturday and Thai the following night...
    01-29-2014 09:39 AM
    Traditional foods will always be a bit bland in Ireland and Scotland but there's a strong shift away from that or more of a modern take on it anyway. The variety of restaurants you can find in the major cities now is quite amazing. The best Chinese restaurant I've been to so far has been in Newcastle of all places.

Indian food is a big thing here and all the Asian cuisines are starting to become more popular. If you want a variety of food it's definitely here.
    Good Indian food is hard to find.
    I've had some really good Indian food in Poland, Ireland, South Africa, Malaysia and of course Dubai. In India of course it is quite good!
    01-29-2014 09:41 AM
    Agreed. Best Chinese food I have had was in Dundee of all places!
    In 2008 I had Indonesian on Friday night in Copenhagen, Chinese in Stockholm on Saturday and Thai the following night...
    We did a traditional restaurant in Copenhagen, it was great! I had Indonesian food in Amsterdam, yeah I know, typical. We like to do the 'local' thing when in different countries just to see what the locals eat. In France we avoid the tourist areas and always ask where the locals eat. Even though we don't understand French too much we still have a great meal.
    01-29-2014 09:42 AM
    Get the SONY XPERIA Z1!
    I'm a fan of no skin over the original software so I'll stick to Nexus or Moto or a GPE (which are quite expensive) phone.
    01-29-2014 09:42 AM
    Indian food started booming here in Dallas in the late 80's Now they are all over the place. The sad thing is these hipsters that think Indian food is just naan and chicken tikken masala. Not really taking full advantage of everything else.

When I was in Bermuda for six months I ate a lot of bangers and mash. It's hard to screw up sausage, potatoes, gravy and onions. Plus who doesn't like sausage, potatoes, gravy and onions?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:45 AM
    We did a traditional restaurant in Copenhagen, it was great! I had Indonesian food in Amsterdam, yeah I know, typical. We like to do the 'local' thing when in different countries just to see what the locals eat. In France we avoid the tourist areas and always ask where the locals eat. Even though we don't understand French too much we still have a great meal.
    As a vegetarian, trying out local fare does not always work out for me. BTW I had amazing Cajun pasta at a brew pub in Minnesota. Speaking of Cajun, Commanders Palace in New Orleans is amazing, what about the bread pudding!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:47 AM
    Good Indian food is hard to find.
    I've had some really good Indian food in Poland, Ireland, South Africa, Malaysia and of course Dubai. In India of course it is quite good!
    Next time you're in London go to one of the Masala Zone restaurants. If you want vegetarian there's Sgar in Coveant Garden. one of the Masla Zone restaurants is also in Covent Garden.

If you want fancy there's The Cinamon Club, I went there for my birthday last year.
    Indian food started booming here in Dallas in the late 80's Now they are all over the place. The said thing is these hipsters that think Indian food is just naan and chicken tikken masala. Not really taking full advantage of everything else.

When I was in Bermuda for six months I ate a lot of bangers and mash. It's hard to screw up sausage, potatoes, gravy and onions. Plus who doesn't like sausage, potatoes, gravy and onions?
    Dallas! Chuy's FTW!
    stmav likes this.
    You guys make me hungry and wanting to travel. I'm just in a dilemma, I don't know with whom to travel. My old travel buddy has now his girlfriend he travels with, and the planned travels with my long-term date are now gone to waste after we broke it off.

Well, I'll have to see. I didn't put any effort into finding someone who has time yet.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    We now have a bunch of world travelers and foodies who have taken over! This is what MSFTisMIA will say soon.
    N_LaRUE and stmav like this.
    01-29-2014 09:50 AM
    To return the thread back to the original insanity:
    CAKE!
    Chregu likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:51 AM
    As a vegetarian, trying out local fare does not always work out for me. BTW I had amazing Cajun pasta at a brew pub in Minnesota. Speaking of Cajun, Commanders Palace in New Orleans is amazing, what about the bread pudding!
    Commander's Palace is excellent, I don't think I've had the same meal twice there. Their bourbon sauce is what puts their bread pudding a notch above others. But I've been to a couple of seafood dives there that have had excellent bread pudding with bourbon sauce.
    01-29-2014 09:52 AM
    CAKE!
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mpt15 likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:52 AM
    CAKE!
    BP will sniff you out and eat your words!
    01-29-2014 09:55 AM
    We now have a bunch of world travelers and foodies who have taken over! This is what MSFTisMIA will say soon.
    Who knows? Maybe MiM is a foodie too!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-29-2014 09:56 AM
    Who knows? Maybe MiM is a foodie too!
    I believe he might be. :)
    01-29-2014 10:00 AM
    MiM is a foodie, he gave me a recommendation on an Indian place in NY NJ area.
    01-29-2014 10:02 AM
    Hey stmav would you happen to know of any reason why I cannot upload my avatar, aside from my work possibly blocking it?
    01-29-2014 10:02 AM
    01-29-2014 10:03 AM
    Size of the file
    No I can't even get a dialog box going to get the file. I click on the button and nothing happens. It's like the button does nothing at all. There's no error or anything.
    01-29-2014 10:06 AM
    Hey stmav would you happen to know of any reason why I cannot upload my avatar, aside from my work possibly blocking it?
    Not offhand. I'll check and see if we are having any problems. What browser are you using?
    01-29-2014 10:09 AM
142,808 ... 10791080108110821083 ...