My previous phone before this was my 520 and yeah, it didn't take me long to adjust to the massive size of the 520. :)
    I know the 1520 fills a niche for people who like phablets. I don't hate it. I just don't want something that's too big to fit in the pockets of my trousers or jeans.
    LMZR likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:27 AM
    Stalemate1 should do lyrics for psychedelic music. :P
    Laura Knotek and stalemate1 like this.
    I quit once I was not a student, even though in worked for a chemical company for 11 years. I really hated chemistry and only belonged to ACS as a student since it was cheap and I enjoyed the social activities.
    I taught chemistry for years to high school seniors at a community science center and undergraduates who were freshmen and sophomore when I was in graduate school. The irony is that chemistry was my favorite subject in high school and because of my chemistry teacher I decided on what I wanted to do when I went for my undergrad and graduate degrees....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Lumia 822....I have an assembly line going....
    No 822 for me, since I have AT&T, not Verizon.
    01-30-2014 01:28 AM
    Heh, do you still have more after you sold all of those 822's? :)
    About 10 of them, I went on another eBay/Craigslist spree. I am shipping one tomorrow, the one I posted a picture of yesterday. Once I fix the camera module, the second one is spoken for as well but I should have about 6 good ones left over. The other scraps I will hang on to for parts if I decide to repair some additional phones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:29 AM
    822 works fine on Verizon but has issues on T-Mo. I have a thread there about SMS/MMS issues. Sahib and I are trying to figure the correct settings out for T-Mo. The ATT settings are described quite well in the 822 Forum.
    LMZR and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-30-2014 01:30 AM
    The 2G/3G/4G spectrum is not really suitable for Verizon and Sprint here, I'll always go for AT&T phones when i want to import a phone. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:31 AM
    I taught chemistry for years to high school seniors at a community science center and undergraduates who were freshmen and sophomore when I was in graduate school. The irony is that chemistry was my favorite subject in high school and because of my chemistry teacher I decided on what I wanted to do when I went for my undergrad and graduate degrees....
    It turned out that I took the wrong major. A high school guidance counselour steered me into biology. When I took the Strong Interest Inventory years later, it showed I had little interest in life science. I went back to school and studied IT, which was highly rated on Strong for me.
    I know the 1520 fills a niche for people who like phablets. I don't hate it. I just don't want something that's too big to fit in the pockets of my trousers or jeans.
    I would love to get it but alas it is not available on T-Mo. I am dying to get the T-Mo compatible 1320 as well but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    822 works fine on Verizon but has issues on T-Mo. I have a thread there about SMS/MMS issues. Sahib and I are trying to figure the correct settings out for T-Mo. The ATT settings are described quite well in the 822 Forum.
    I have LTE on AT&T here, so AT&T branded devices are best for me.
    01-30-2014 01:33 AM
    I should be getting my 520 soon as my androids contract ends in March.

Really looking forward to it.

Just wish I could get the 525 instead but for reasons unknown my country will not get the successor of the 520 even though close naboring countries already have it. Nokia RSA even gave the lamest excuse. The 520 is selling so well that we do not want to discontinue its success as it has a good established price point that people are willing to pay.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    About 10 of them, I went on another eBay/Craigslist spree. I am shipping one tomorrow, the one I posted a picture of yesterday. Once I fix the camera module, the second one is spoken for as well but I should have about 6 good ones left over. The other scraps I will hang on to for parts if I decide to repair some additional phones.
    I'm curious, i probably won't but I'll have a look on eBay when i get back, where can i search for your 822's?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    It turned out that I took the wrong major. A high school guidance counselour steered me into biology. When I took the Strong Interest Inventory years later, it showed I had little interest in life science. I went back to school and studied IT, which was highly rated on Strong for me.
    Am glad things worked out for the better for you. I work in a technical field and these days use more engineering statistics than anything else. My latest hobby seems to be fixing Lumia 822 phones:-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I'm curious, i probably won't but I'll have a look on eBay when i get back, where can i search for your 822's?
    I usually sell them on WPC and not on eBay.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:34 AM
    Please send him a PM. Links to eBay on the public forums are not permitted.
    01-30-2014 01:34 AM
    The HP Veer i own which is imported is AT&T branded. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:35 AM
    Please send him a PM. Links to eBay on the public forums are not permitted.
    Will do. :)
    I should be getting my 520 soon as my androids contract ends in March.

Really looking forward to it.

Just wish I could get the 525 instead but for reasons unknown my country will not get the successor of the 520 even though close naboring countries already have it. Nokia RSA even gave the lamest excuse. The 520 is selling so well that we do not want to discontinue its success as it has a good established price point that people are willing to pay.
    Let me know if you want a 822 for the price of a 520 or even less. Where are you in RSA? I have been to Kapstad, Joburg, George, Knysna, Wilderness, Mossel Bai etc.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Am glad things worked out for the better for you. I work in a technical field and these days use more engineering statistics than anything else. My latest hobby seems to be fixing Lumia 822 phones:-)
    Statistics is the math course I took that was the most useful for me in the real world. I also enjoyed it.
    01-30-2014 01:36 AM
    That's one nice looking avatar. What country is that ?

Please post the full image. Id love it for my desktop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:36 AM
    I have LTE and 4G with T-MO at my house. On 4G it pulls about 20Mbps which is plenty fast for me:-)
    The two LTE compatible phones I had 925 and a Rogers 920, I sold them on Swappa. For some reason I am liking the 810 the best so far. I am also going to start using the HTC 8X as a daily driver starting next week since I just got the case and screen protector today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:37 AM
    That's one nice looking avatar. What country is that ?

Please post the full image. Id love it for my desktop.
    PM me your email address and I will send you the high resolution pic.
    01-30-2014 01:38 AM
    I have LTE and 4G with T-MO at my house. On 4G it pulls about 20Mbps which is plenty fast for me:-)
    The two LTE compatible phones I had 925 and a Rogers 920, I sold them on Swappa. For some reason I am liking the 810 the best so far. I am also going to start using the HTC 8X as a daily driver starting next week since I just got the case and screen protector today.
    What colour is your 8X?
    01-30-2014 01:38 AM
    Statistics is the math course I took that was the most useful for me in the real world. I also enjoyed it.
    In my case, three more classes and they would give me a graduate degree:-) When the professor told that to me in 1999, I ran as far away as I could:-) But I owe my entire career to statistics.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:39 AM
    What colour is your 8X?
    Blue, 16GB T-Mobile version.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:40 AM
142,845 ... 10961097109810991100 ...