I think Sony still may release a WP device it a slight chance put it still a chance.

And I always say "Expect the Unexpected"!
    Soon they will only produce the PS4 and become the new Nintendo. Nobody buys their phones, people buy Samsungs and iPhones. And their TVs aren't that superior either. They have the best console, so that's my prediction ;-)
    02-06-2014 03:11 AM
    Why wouldn't they release a WP? Every tech site has said they most likely will. Just because they are looking to dump one line of products, they ain't waving the white flag yet.

Hope they do. I really was impressed with the 2 Sony phones that came through the Mutt residence. High quality stuff.
    I know they will definitely make one or else they would have mention or been a rumour that they weren't.

And all sign are suggesting to me that they are going to releases WP device and put it under the Xperia name.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:12 AM
    Why wouldn't they release a WP? Every tech site has said they most likely will. Just because they are looking to dump one line of products, they ain't waving the white flag yet.

Hope they do. I really was impressed with the 2 Sony phones that came through the Mutt residence. High quality stuff.
    I read WPCentral article and they now believe that SONY not going to release a WP device.

I will say they said slim but very doubtful.
    02-06-2014 03:14 AM
    Advertising!!!!
    02-06-2014 03:31 AM
    I read WPCentral article and they now believe that SONY not going to release a WP device.

I am on a search right now. Hadn't seen that yet.
    02-06-2014 03:47 AM

Well, i guess BP will be staying with Sony's android phones. :P
    02-06-2014 03:49 AM
    I think the main issue with Sony is that they pretend to be a high quality supplier but more often than not their just simply overpriced. I'm not saying their stuff is bad but it's not much better than anyone else's stuff.
    02-06-2014 03:49 AM
    Also and extra 6" more of snow today. That is good, we haven't had nearly enough snow to shovel.

(Does sarcasm come across the internet okay?)
    The sarcasm came across well and clear in my books. :D
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:50 AM
    The sarcasm came across well and clear in my books. :D
    What's that, sarcasm?
    02-06-2014 03:52 AM
    I don't really see Sony making WP personally but anything is possible.
    02-06-2014 03:54 AM
    What's that, sarcasm?
    Sorry, i get it now, ignore what i said prior.

Yeah, the sarcasm did. :D
    02-06-2014 03:54 AM
    If Sony does, i'll be quite excited, heck, if they release a budget one i might snap one up. :)
    BIGPADDY and snowmutt like this.
    02-06-2014 03:55 AM
    Kinda confused, sorry, i don't want to sound rude
    Pssttt... he was being funny...
    Chregu, LMZR and BIGPADDY like this.
    02-06-2014 03:56 AM
    here you go http://www.windowscentral.com/sony-s...nvestment-fund

may just me over reacting
    02-06-2014 03:56 AM
    If Sony does, i'll be quite excited, heck, if they release a budget one i might snap one up. :)
    Sony =/= budget phone
    02-06-2014 03:57 AM
    Yes until Sony release a WP device.
    02-06-2014 03:57 AM
    Pssttt... he was being funny...
    I feel so stupid for that, and my edit made it even more stupid.
    02-06-2014 03:58 AM
    I think the main issue with Sony is that they pretend to be a high quality supplier but more often than not their just simply overpriced. I'm not saying their stuff is bad but it's not much better than anyone else's stuff.
    Playstation was cheap however that the exception they make there money off the high price games and services which I pay for.
    02-06-2014 03:58 AM
    Sony =/= budget phone
    I can dream...

Maybe just a 520 like device, please Sony, please! :D
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:59 AM

It is in this here article:

Sony selling off its PC business to an investment fund | Windows Phone Central

The good news for us that are interested in a Sony WP is that it is pure speculation on the part of the WPC staff (Sam Sabri wrote the article) it is not happening. Since it was rumored to be a smartphone released under the VAIO name, unifing it with Sony's now sold laptop line, Mr. Sabri makes the connection Sony will sever all ties with Microsoft products.

However, in 'Mutts world, if Sony wants to focus on Tablets and Smartphones, why not continue working with the fastest growing mobile OS and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle? If plans were already moving on a WP smartphone, why would selling PC business stop the release of the smartphone your company plans to specilize in anyways?

I say.... Bring on the Sony WP.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    me too might take two!
    snowmutt and LMZR like this.
    I do
    02-06-2014 04:00 AM
    It is in this here article:

Sony selling off its PC business to an investment fund | Windows Phone Central

The good news for us that are interested in a Sony WP is that it is pure speculation on the part of the WPC staff (Sam Sabri wrote the article) it is not happening. Since it was rumored to be a smartphone released under the VAIO name, unifing it with Sony's now sold laptop line, Mr. Sabri makes the connection Sony will sever all ties with Microsoft products.

However, in 'Mutts world, if Sony wants to focus on Tablets and Smartphones, why not continue working with the fastest growing mobile OS and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle? If plans were already moving on a WP smartphone, why would selling PC business stop the release of the smartphone your company plans to specilize in anyways?

I say.... Bring on the Sony WP.
    My thought exactly nothing stopping SONY from releasing a WP devices I say this increases the chance of a WP device from SONY.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-06-2014 04:02 AM
    I feel so stupid for that, and my edit made it even more stupid.
    It's ok. We all have our moments.
    Chregu and LMZR like this.
    02-06-2014 04:04 AM
    It's ok. We all have our moments.
    Yeah everyone make mistakes like
    Chregu and LMZR like this.
    02-06-2014 04:14 AM
143,620 ... 12131214121512161217 ...