Photosynth appreciation day!!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-2013 05:59 AM
    I love photosynth, I wish I was only better at using it.
    Yeah, i might give it another try on my 520. :)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-24-2013 05:59 AM
    Yeah, i might give it another try on my 520. :)
    You developed an app and it not ready!!!

08-24-2013 06:00 AM
    I couldn't be more fair with all of my comments on that thread too! Funniest part is when I told him he read an article wrong. He said he knew what he read. Then he proved himself wrong.
    Great work! It was a funny read indeed.

My sister is a lite version of this person. She owned a HP and had a ****ty experience with Windows. Now she went to Apple (iPhone 5, Mac Book Pro, iPad Mini) and whenever there was tech talk and we both were together, she'd sing the praises of Apple high and low. Granted, Apple is a better fit for her needs, but she'll bad mouth MSFT at any turn. She dislikes them now so much that when her Android phone was freezing and working poorly, she stuck with that rather than using the HTC Mozart I loaned her as a temporary phone. Still, she knows better in how to talk tech with me as I'll not be kind to her when she goes in full iSheep mode.

Funny story...her mom (my step mom) was in town 2 months ago, so we both planned a cool Mediterranean take out dinner at her house. We both were sitting in a Starbucks planning the dinner and whipped our phones out...an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 810. Guess which phone was able to locate the restaurant easily, pull up the menu faster, and could call the restaurant quickly? Yup - the 810. So we switched phones...i wrote down the menu items on her iPhone (clumsy *** screen in landscape mode for me to write on) while we picked the items off my 810. Of course, i let her call in the order from her iphone, since she was paying for the meal. All the while I marveled at how efficient it was to use the WP for this task, much to her chagrin...the dinner was a hit by the way, as a team we throw good parties...

People have different preferences, but I never supported being a tool in forcing ones preferences on others. Loved hoe you handled that person on iMore. That's why I don't talk tech with blind brand loyalists or fully jaded users...too much work banging heads against solid walls...
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 08-24-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    08-24-2013 06:02 AM
    Morning folks...waiting at the bus stop, hopeful that the bus comes on time so I cab get ny connecting train so that I'm not ridiculously late for work. Weekend travel by public transport in NYC is a kick in the balls, I swear...
    Chregu and Martsicky like this.
    08-24-2013 06:58 AM
    You developed an app and it not ready!!!

Yeah, my app is pretty crappy, I've stopped work on it because the YouTube function would just NOT work, no matter what I tired.
    08-24-2013 07:07 AM
    Yeah, my app is pretty crappy, I've stopped work on it because the YouTube function would just NOT work, no matter what I tired.
    What ARE you making?
    08-24-2013 07:34 AM
    What kind of app is it? I cannot wait to make the time (once my check comes in) to do a PC upgrade and install Windows 8 and start making apps...
    08-24-2013 07:36 AM
    The cake is in the oven now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-2013 08:04 AM
    The cake is in the oven now.
    My body is ready for it.

Also, I've found cake emoticons in the WP Keyboard.
    🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
    🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
    🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

Eat them all!
    P.S. There's only one kind.
    Chregu, BIGPADDY and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-24-2013 08:09 AM
    My body is ready for it.
    It's not my birthday party, I can't invite you. I am sorry. ;-)
    08-24-2013 08:14 AM
    It's not my birthday party, I can't invite you. I am sorry. ;-)
    Hang on. I'm contacting the NSA to find out where you live ;)
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    08-24-2013 08:20 AM
    Hang on. I'm contacting the NSA to find out where you live ;)
    A forum search should be sufficient, I live in Basel as I have written before. If you make it to the airport or the train station in time, I'll pick you up and reserve a piece of cake for you, promised :P
    08-24-2013 08:26 AM
    Basel?

In S-S-S-S-Switzerland?

But, my weakness is cold weather. If I go to the Alps in my current condition...
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-24-2013 08:31 AM
    Basel?

In S-S-S-S-Switzerland?

But, my weakness is cold weather. If I go to the Alps in my current condition...
    Yeah Switzerland. :-)

Basel isn't in the alps, it's not even in the hills. Yesterday we had 28 C, but today it got colder and rainy with around 25 C. Next week it will be around 20 C. Autumn is arriving...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-2013 08:33 AM
    ...it was the first time I used the oven in my new flat. It bakes in an huge temperature gradient, that's terrible. One side was ready, the other was not at all. All I could do is have one end being over-baked, one end being right, and the middle being a little under-baked.
    08-24-2013 08:47 AM
    ...it was the first time I used the oven in my new flat. It bakes in an huge temperature gradient, that's terrible. One side was ready, the other was not at all. All I could do is have one end being over-baked, one end being right, and the middle being a little under-baked.
    That a nice cake!
    08-24-2013 08:59 AM
    Challenge cup final, I don't know which side I'm going to support?
    08-24-2013 09:29 AM
    Man editing can take a while sometimes. Phew!
    08-24-2013 10:24 AM
    Man editing can take a while sometimes. Phew!
    Man-editing?

B-but, Human Transmutation is banned! You must follow the law of equivalent exchange, chances are you'll see someone soon.

If you get the reference, I shall look up to you in admiration.
    08-24-2013 10:35 AM
    Man-editing?

B-but, Human Transmutation is banned! You must follow the law of equivalent exchange, chances are you'll see someone soon.

If you get the reference, I shall look up to you in admiration.
    It's Full Metal Alchemist: Main/Dangerous Forbidden Technique - Television Tropes & Idioms
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    08-24-2013 10:39 AM
    Waaaaaaaay off.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Seriously, FA:Brotherhood was quite the good anime.
    I want to watch it in something other than that horrible Singapore dub. (To be fair, they did a good job at translating, but the voices? Worse than the Tagalog dubs of anime around here.)
    08-24-2013 10:43 AM
    I edited my reply to say Full metal alchemist before you replied... it's on the same link.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    08-24-2013 10:44 AM
    Oh. You found the correct answer. Never mind.
    I'd want to send you a picture of a chibi Envy, but I'm on mobile.
    08-24-2013 10:45 AM
    *.....and snowmutt, after reading the last few posts and realizing how far behind the "in" crowd he is, settles back in his chair, depressed, slowly wondering what in the name of XBOX's bad spelled name he just read...*
    08-24-2013 11:00 AM
144,449 ... 129130131132133 ...