Today is the 4th Sunday of the 8th month
    08-25-2013 12:34 PM
    And we are on version 4.x of the WPcentral app
    08-25-2013 12:35 PM
    And this thread has a four figure post count.
    08-25-2013 12:35 PM
    Even I have a four-figure post count!
    08-25-2013 12:36 PM
    that's strange, I'm just drinking fourth cup of tea today.
    08-25-2013 01:31 PM
    This is my second post to this thread. I wonder what will happen when I get to the fourth...
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:17 PM
    Even I have a four-figure post count!
    what is a four-Figure post count .... sounds like very complex math equation
    wait never I just understood it hahaha I had a bran malfunction
    08-25-2013 02:21 PM
    what is a four-Figure post count .... sounds like very complex math equation
    wait never I just understood it hahaha I had a bran malfunction
    just was about to post an explanation hahaha. math equation... :)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:25 PM
    Sadly I've experienced brain malfunction too often when I was in high school :(
    08-25-2013 02:27 PM
    So folks, what's the best Nokia phone made to this point? For me, the top 5 are the E71, N95, Lumia 920, E90 and the N9.
    I feel so left out in this conversation. I have seen the N71, but that is it as far as great Nokia devices. I had a Nokia 2600- which was as basic as a basic block phone could ever be. I used it as a back-up phone in my pre-smartphone days. But I will say that it is still in my drawer, and the stupid thing still works.

I still have yet to go play with the 1020.
    08-25-2013 02:38 PM
    Also- on the subject of Nokia: i was a big believer in them going all WP. I could dig up posts on Phone Arena in 2011 when it was announced to show I defended it. But I always wondered out loud about the thought that Nokia could have made the transition so much easier if they just continued to put out a single line of Symbian devices until WP grew. In my perfect world, maybe until WP8 came out (which rumor is Nokia knew about the WP7/WP8 situation when they signed on with MS).

Thoughts?
    08-25-2013 02:42 PM
    This is my second post to this thread. I wonder what will happen when I get to the fourth...
    BP will induct you into the official cake sub section in this thread.
    08-25-2013 03:26 PM
    Man this thread moves so fast now. Went back like 10 pages. Hard to keep up so I'll just drop in and say hi.
    MSFTisMIA and snowmutt like this.
    08-25-2013 03:29 PM
    Also- on the subject of Nokia: i was a big believer in them going all WP. I could dig up posts on Phone Arena in 2011 when it was announced to show I defended it. But I always wondered out loud about the thought that Nokia could have made the transition so much easier if they just continued to put out a single line of Symbian devices until WP grew. In my perfect world, maybe until WP8 came out (which rumor is Nokia knew about the WP7/WP8 situation when they signed on with MS).

Thoughts?
    I think they had to do it how they did it because they had a limited time as MSFT's preferred OEM. I liked the idea of them coming on board with WP, but I'd rather see both Nokia and HTC be the co lead in WP, with Samsung selling a few devices here and there. HTC is too busy trying to fight Apple and Samsung at this point...
    08-25-2013 03:31 PM
    Man this thread moves so fast now. Went back like 10 pages. Hard to keep up so I'll just drop in and say hi.
    Hi, Gedzum!! Get signed up on the Fantasy Football yet? I am really ready to stop the work side of this thing and get into the playing pretend football with real players!!
    08-25-2013 03:32 PM
    I think they had to do it how they did it because they had a limited time as MSFT's preferred OEM. I liked the idea of them coming on board with WP, but I'd rather see both Nokia and HTC be the co lead in WP, with Samsung selling a few devices here and there. HTC is too busy trying to fight Apple and Samsung at this point...
    Yeah, I am sure for the amount of money MS was willing to give nokia, you are most likely right.

I worry for HTC. If they just pick a direction, I think they would be fine. But they do not have the resources to try and support everything they are doing. I think they could compete better in the world market if they just went all in on WP. It is growing. But they seem determined to get Android out there. Meanwhile, they cut mid range devices to do premium.... OOPS!! that didn't work, better go back to making mid range. Gonna push nice camera's .... OOPS!! Let's try "Beats" instead. What? Beats is buying us out?? Call it Boom sound, we are still in there.. kinda do WP.... kinda not......

What ever guys.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-25-2013 03:37 PM
    Hi, Gedzum!! Get signed up on the Fantasy Football yet? I am really ready to stop the work side of this thing and get into the playing pretend football with real players!!
    Hey snowmutt, I'm signed up with my uncle's league only at the moment. Did you send an email already?

I'm looking forward to the WPCentral league. Will be cool competing with you guys.
    08-25-2013 03:39 PM
    Yeah, I am sure for the amount of money MS was willing to give nokia, you are most likely right.

I worry for HTC. If they just pick a direction, I think they would be fine. But they do not have the resources to try and support everything they are doing. I think they could compete better in the world market if they just went all in on WP. It is growing. But they seem determined to get Android out there. Meanwhile, they cut mid range devices to do premium.... OOPS!! that didn't work, better go back to making mid range. Gonna push nice camera's .... OOPS!! Let's try "Beats" instead. What? Beats is buying us out?? Call it Boom sound, we are still in there.. kinda do WP.... kinda not......

What ever guys.
    yeah, I think if HTC go all in with WP and sign a deal with MS they'll be fine.
    08-25-2013 03:47 PM
    Hey snowmutt, I'm signed up with my uncle's league only at the moment. Did you send an email already?

I'm looking forward to the WPCentral league. Will be cool competing with you guys.
    Yep... sent it. You should have got it by now. We have had a couple already join.

and feel free to save all your wins for your Uncle's league....
    08-25-2013 03:49 PM
    Yep... sent it. You should have got it by now. We have had a couple already join.

and feel free to save all your wins for your Uncle's league....
    I didn't receive an email. Or at least I can't see it in my inbox, even the junk folder. What is the name of the league? Maybe I can search for it.
    08-25-2013 03:58 PM
    I didn't receive an email. Or at least I can't see it in my inbox, even the junk folder. What is the name of the league? Maybe I can search for it.
    SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!

I messed up the email. Forgot the last 2 letters of it. Double check- I have a chore to get done. I will double check after that.

Sorry, gedzum....... my absolute bad.....
    gedzum likes this.
    08-25-2013 04:12 PM
    No worries snowmutt. Whenever you're ready, I understand you'll be busy.

Edit: I got the email bud. Nice league name haha
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-25-2013 04:15 PM
    Props to the 1020, it's a game changer to me. I never considered owning a smartphone, sometimes scoffed at them, till I read up on this camera.
    gedzum likes this.
    08-25-2013 04:49 PM
    Welcome to the thread, the rules you must talk about cake every post.
    08-25-2013 05:18 PM
    guys, anyone could recommend good and not so expensive laptop/notebook running WINDOWS8? I don't care so much about playing games, mostly I would use it to edit office docs, browsing internet and similar tasks. :p I really like ACER Aspire v5 series design, anyone got it?
    08-25-2013 05:26 PM
145,828 ... 136137138139140 ...