Sigh...here's the thing though. You're very rarely buying a carrier variant. You're buying an international model set up to work with your carrier. Big difference. In the US, it is a carrier variant paradise...for the carriers anyways. That's the system here. For example, t-mo went to Nokia and said "we want our own version of the 820". So Nokia designed something changed a few radios and came up wth the 810. Because it is ultimately a carrier variant, it doesn't matter whether you buy it full price and they SIM unlock it, or on contract, t-mo - not Nokia - has the final say on updates.
    That crap!
    snowmutt and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-26-2013 07:50 PM
    Well I'm going to sleep.
    08-26-2013 07:59 PM
    I don't like it when autocorrect changes im into in, I don't like at that all....
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 08-27-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    08-26-2013 08:00 PM
    In the random TV department.... Here in the US, my Son and I are huge "The Glades" fans. We watched the season finale tonight. He is trying to solve a murder at the same time he is trying to get ready for a wedding they have been building up to all season. He has bought a dreamhouse for his woman... my Son and I are betting on how this is gonna end, knowing something is going to go wrong..... it is that kind of show.... and .....*spoiler alert*.......... He gets shot down. Mysteriously. Ooooooooo.......

Okay, we were not betting on that one.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-26-2013 10:27 PM
    To all the cat owners out there:

Do you have an orange tabby?? And is he as stupid, clumsy, and into things as ours is? Found the stupid moron inside our oven, in our dryer, stuck in the attic, on our neighbors roof, squeezing into cabinets.....

My daughter says he has super powers, but uses them not for good or evil, but for stupid.....
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-26-2013 10:30 PM
    Tired, can't sleep..... Tired, can't sleep...... Tired, can't sleep.....
    08-26-2013 10:32 PM
    My wife is watch the Military History Channel, and is correcting the narrator on the TV.
    08-26-2013 10:33 PM
    That a bad policy to have, other companies amazon for one let you pick up the good. Well they lost a sale.
    I'm not aware of any other company that won't let a customer pick up a package at the UPS site.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:05 PM
    dang I never know what you all talk about and if I do I have no say because I don't much experience on that topic ... I need to start reading more encyclopedias ...why much I be soo young
    08-26-2013 11:37 PM
    Came home from school an hour early today. :)

The entire day was a sport event not far from where i live. So it's been a pretty good day. :)
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    08-26-2013 11:42 PM
    that's cool wish I got out of school early but my French class is a killer and its the first day
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-2013 12:03 AM
    well ima take off too. got to get ready for school :) laters all
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-2013 12:05 AM
    Had a late start for the day. Thinking of watching 1998 version of Godzilla. Oddly enough, I haven't watched it in full till now.

Today might be my lucky day
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
    08-27-2013 12:06 AM
    Had a late start for the day. Thinking of watching 1998 version of Godzilla. Oddly enough, I haven't watched it in full till now.

Today might be my lucky day
    I watched it recently, it feels like it didn't age well. However maybe just my taste changed over the years.
    08-27-2013 12:49 AM
    An expensive laptop just for web browsing *shakes head* :P
    The MacBook Air really isn't expensive anymore if compared to similar power books. The MacBook Pros are.
    08-27-2013 12:53 AM
    I don't like it when autocorrect changes im into in, I don't like at all....
    BP, I had this issue as well before. What you need to do when you type "im" is in the word selections, scroll over to "I'm". It should autocorrect from now on. At least it does for me now.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-27-2013 12:58 AM
    I watched it recently, it feels like it didn't age well. However maybe just my taste changed over the years.
    I feel the same way. Used to like that movie as a kid. Now it's not quite the same. It's got quite a lot of cheesy lines. The action is decent like the part when Godzilla surfaces in New York.
    08-27-2013 01:02 AM
    The MacBook Air really isn't expensive anymore if compared to similar power books. The MacBook Pros are.
    Well, my model was $1,349 AUD when i got it in December.

The new 128GB model is now $1,100(?) AUD
    08-27-2013 01:22 AM
    Another day begins. More work. Woot.
    08-27-2013 01:45 AM
    Well I had a long four day weekend. Completely missed what's been going on with this thread. I see we bypassed the Ban The Post Above, cool! I took a short look back to see the general discussion, the usual, bash Apple, talk of movies, talk of TV shows and complaints about carriers. I see things don't change much. :P

So here's a new conversation that probably has the conspiracy theorist going mental. What do you think of this? Nokia CEO Stephen Elop reportedly on
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-27-2013 02:23 AM
    Morning all! :)
    Muessig likes this.
    08-27-2013 02:23 AM
    So here's a new conversation that probably has the conspiracy theorist going mental. What do you think of this? Nokia CEO Stephen Elop reportedly on
    Randomly pointed finger?
    08-27-2013 02:32 AM
    Randomly pointed finger?
    Not sure what you mean... ?
    08-27-2013 02:38 AM
    Not sure what you mean... ?
    In the article, they just point fingers at people and say: "Maybe they become the new CEO!"

I think it will be Tim Cook with his enormous background in a similar field or Mark Zuckerberg. Reportedly.
    N_LaRUE and snowmutt like this.
    08-27-2013 02:43 AM
    In the article, they just point fingers at people and say: "Maybe they become the new CEO!"

I think it will be Tim Cook with his enormous background in a similar field or Mark Zuckerberg. Reportedly.
    Ah, sorry. Bit slow after the long weekend. :P

My point was that a lot of people who used to own Nokia phones prior to the switching to WP were pretty sure that Elop was in bed with MS, which is why they chose WP over Android or sticking to Meego. That was my initial point. It is true that it's all speculation.
    08-27-2013 03:00 AM
143,631 ... 146147148149150 ...