No. In the presentation, the search of a non-existent app in the Nokia store, redirected it to another store.
    I didn't see the whole thing so I probably missed that. I was just going by what WPC said.
    02-24-2014 03:14 AM
    Yeah, pretty exciting, The XL attracts me the most! :)
    Not for me don't like the UI however it cheap!
    N_LaRUE and LMZR like this.
    02-24-2014 03:32 AM
    So BP, what did you get up to on your vacation?? You haven't told us yet.
    02-24-2014 03:56 AM
    I don't get it. Why can't they produce cheaper Windows Phones? Because of the hardware requirements Microsoft asks for? They changed that anyway.

It's like if Apple wanted to sell more Macs and therefore releases a cheap notebook with Windows and a Mac OS like skin...
    LMZR likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:03 AM
    A little disapointed to hear it's based off Android 4.1.2!

What the? Then again, the hype i had is fastly degrading. :\
    02-24-2014 04:06 AM
    I don't get it. Why can't they produce cheaper Windows Phones? Because of the hardware requirements Microsoft asks for? They changed that anyway.

It's like if Apple wanted to sell more Macs and therefore releases a cheap notebook with Windows and a Mac OS like skin...
    LOL! I don't see the point either. All I can see is people hacking it and the Nokia skin being removed along with the Nokia services and MS services. People will want a pure Android experience over this hack. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.
    LMZR and Chregu like this.
    02-24-2014 04:08 AM
    A little disapointed to hear it's based off Android 4.1.2!

What the? Then again, the hype i had is fastly degrading. :\
    Well that answers my concerns right there. I don't see this doing well at all. :P
    LMZR likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:09 AM
    My friend already have one. He posted this on his Facebook wall.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152259623699656

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LMZR likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:14 AM
    My friend already have one. He posted this on his Facebook wall.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152259623699656

I get an error saying content is not available. :(
    02-24-2014 04:37 AM
    I didn't bother with the link because all social media is blocked on my computer. :P
    LMZR likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:39 AM
    I added more pictures to the L920 forum. I have the same on my Instagram but it's always nice to see them a bit larger. :)
    LMZR likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:40 AM
    I do still have interest in the XL, but it's basically the XL, ONLY. As it has a larger screen, when it actually comes to Australia is anybody's guess. But if it comes out down here around June-July, a Nexus 5 will have that place taken. ;)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:47 AM
    I'm sorry it is not marked public when I checked it.

02-24-2014 04:51 AM
    I do still have interest in the XL, but it's basically the XL, ONLY. As it has a larger screen, when it actually comes to Australia is anybody's guess. But if it comes out down here around June-July, a Nexus 5 will have that place taken. ;)
    I'm not sure why you would bother with a low end Android device. Especially if you're thinking of getting a Nexus 5. The XL only has 4GB of space and you need a SD card to expand. The WPC review says it's 'not that fast' but not laggy. Other review sites are apparently ripping it to pieces.

I haven't read the other sites as of yet. I'm personally not interested in low end hardware anyway. I don't want half baked Android either. I don't see the 'typical' person buying this phone keeping keeping things as is. I see a ROM being flashed over this and the whole thing will be completely a waste of time. Strategy should have been, fix WP to get it to expected levels of comparisons with other OS. Make low end WP that kick Android ****. Then you'll get the 'emerging' markets on board.
    02-24-2014 04:59 AM
    nokia X umm though it run android (forked version ) , it's still sluggish , if it had a quad core processor or at least 1-2GB of ram , 720p or pure motion hd plus display , I would have rather made my mind to buy one for my dad , he is happy with Lumia 520 :)
    02-24-2014 05:01 AM
    nokia X umm though it run android (forked version ) , it's still sluggish , if it had a quad core processor or at least 1-2GB of ram , 720p or pure motion hd plus display , I would have rather made my mind to buy one for my dad , he is happy with Lumia 520 :)
    It wouldn't be a low end device with those specs unfortunately. :P

However, I'd like to see the back end of 512MB devices and 8GB storage.
    02-24-2014 05:06 AM
    It wouldn't be a low end device with those specs unfortunately. :P

However, I'd like to see the back end of 512MB devices and 8GB storage.
    for instance moto g which does have a quad core chipset I believe from sd 400(older chipset ) and 1 GB ram , with 720p hD screen , same 5mp camera with flash is a entry level\low end android device with all google crap lol
    02-24-2014 05:14 AM
    for instance moto g which does have a quad core chipset I believe from sd 400(older chipset ) and 1 GB ram , with 720p hD screen , same 5mp camera with flash is a entry level\low end android device with all google crap lol
    Yeah I heard of that. I haven't read any reviews on it so no idea how good it is. I'm sure that 'low end' specs will get better with time. These phones are not for the high end user. They're for those coming to smartphones for the first time and wanting some sort of Android device. They're for those who want a smartphone but cannot afford the high prices. Even a Moto G would be expensive to most of the people these phones are targeted to.
    02-24-2014 05:18 AM
    Yeah I heard of that. I haven't read any reviews on it so no idea how good it is. I'm sure that 'low end' specs will get better with time. These phones are not for the high end user. They're for those coming to smartphones for the first time and wanting some sort of Android device. They're for those who want a smartphone but cannot afford the high prices. Even a Moto G would be expensive to most of the people these phones are targeted to.
    its ranked no 2 on best smartphone (budget) here in India , where as Lumia 520 no 1 :D , are you excited about BBM ? coming this summer but what about flipboard which was promised back in July 2013 :3
    02-24-2014 05:41 AM
    its ranked no 2 on best smartphone (budget) here in India , where as Lumia 520 no 1 :D , are you excited about BBM ? coming this summer but what about flipboard which was promised back in July 2013 :3
    I don't know anybody using BBM and I have never heard of it until people started to complain that it's not on the platform.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-24-2014 05:58 AM
    I don't require BBM at all so it's not important to me. Same goes for flipboard. I'm believe flipboard will show up soon.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-24-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    02-24-2014 06:06 AM
    I don't know anybody using BBM and I have never heard of it until people started to complain that it's not on the platform.
    I used it for 4-5 days when it became available on ios and uninstalled since it was very buggy/slow , just pray BBM on windows phone will be a metro UI , not just a ported application :-p
    02-24-2014 06:06 AM
    I get a lot of SIM errors again. I think I have to reinsert the card, this usually helps for a while.
    02-24-2014 06:14 AM
    I get a lot of SIM errors again. I think I have to reinsert the card, this usually helps for a while.
    try clean your SIM card with a soft , clean clothe :)
    Chregu likes this.
    02-24-2014 06:17 AM
    It's all that bacteria you hang around with. :P
    02-24-2014 06:20 AM
144,102 ... 15211522152315241525 ...