Never read the books but knew the reference. Your interpretation makes sense. :) I need to read those books one day.
    I have read a few of them, some were really great.
    08-27-2013 09:07 AM
    It all depends on your sense of humour but I did find almost all of his books incredibly funny.
    I have a good sense of humor. I love a good spoof. I enjoyed HHGTG and others that had a sense of humor to them. I've always liked when I've read more serious books and they pop out a joke in it. Makes for a better reading experience.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:09 AM
    I'm also a Month Python fan so that should tell you something.
    BIGPADDY and snowmutt like this.
    08-27-2013 09:10 AM
    In a 3D coordinate system, the center of the space is where you define it. As I define the middle of the earth as center, everything around it is in motion, not earth itself. So we are indeed in the center of the universe!

At least that's my idea of it ;-)
    The trouble is space isn't a 3D coordinate system. Its 4D because vastness adds in time and expansion. The centre of the universe cant actually be defined.
    08-27-2013 09:10 AM
    It sort of like when I say a HHGTG reference. I often wonder how many people actually know it from the books or just from cultural reference.
    I had to bing that reference. :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:11 AM
    I have read a few of them, some were really great.
    I'll have to see about reading them then. I've been reading a lot of non fiction lately. Maybe that might explain my mood some days. LOL! Maybe I need a good laugh.
    08-27-2013 09:11 AM
    I'm also a Month Python fan so that should tell you something.
    You will like Terry Pratchets books then if you are a fan of Douglas Adams and Monty Python.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:12 AM
    The trouble is space isn't a 3D coordinate system. Its 4D because vastness adds in time and expansion. The centre of the universe cant actually be defined.
    I don't believe in this 4D-thing. Even an expanding space is still a space which can be defined in 3D, also the expansion process itself can be defined in 3D. The 4D aspect is just entropy. So I stand with my decision to define earth as the center of the universe! :P
    08-27-2013 09:13 AM
    It obvious CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to believe the turtle was standing on cake, but I thought you ate all of it
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:13 AM
    I'm been doing more binging on this thread then any other!
    N_LaRUE and snowmutt like this.
    08-27-2013 09:14 AM
    Yeah that's a concept I've always had difficulty with. The idea that everything in all directions is actually moving away from us and each other. Messes with my mind all the time. Stil, we sit on one of the tip of one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy which is going to collide with the Andromeda galaxy some 200 million years from now or something like that.
    I would like to believe the turtle was standing on cake, but I thought you ate all of it
    It sooo GOOD!!!
    Yeah that's a concept I've always had difficulty with. The idea that everything in all directions is actually moving away from us and each other. Messes with my mind all the time. Stil, we sit on one of the tip of one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy which is going to collide with the Andromeda galaxy some 200 million years from now or something like that.
    Clash of the Galaxies!!!
    08-27-2013 09:15 AM
    You will like Terry Pratchets books then if you are a fan of Douglas Adams and Monty Python.
    Good to know. :)
    08-27-2013 09:16 AM
    Douglas Adams and Rob Grant are some of my favourite authors!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:17 AM
    Douglas Adams and Rob Grant are some of my favourite authors!
    It's truly sad that Douglas Adams isn't with us anymore. :(
    08-27-2013 09:19 AM
    DC Comics?
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:20 AM
    Yeah it always messed my head up as well until I saw a programme where Stephen Hawking used a room full of silver balls on the floor to explain the effects of gravity.
    08-27-2013 09:23 AM
    DC Comics?
    DC Comics? Marvel all the way - they have Cable & Deadpool.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:24 AM
    Okay. A while ago I bought the student version of Office 365, mostly because of Outlook. I own the Home Edition of Office 2010, and found Office 2013 so terrible that I reclaimed the money and switched back to Office 2010 and Windows Live Mail.

Now that I have my new email address which is Exchange based, I'm thinking about buying it again. I just have two questions: Does a PhD student count as a student for Microsoft, and is this a good idea in general? I'm thinking about moving all my contacts and appointments from Live to Exchange.
    08-27-2013 09:25 AM
    DC Comics? Marvel all the way - they have Cable & Deadpool.
    BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more!
    08-27-2013 09:28 AM
    Oh, I think in other countries a PhD student just counts as a graduate student, what means it's just a student. I think I'd be included then.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:28 AM
    I need to win the lotto so I can do what I want and not have to work :(

Too much stuff going on right now... 6 month old, SWTOR, FFXIV, XBoxOne release in Nov. (maybe Nov. 8), apps and updates I need to work on... and all that cake to eat.
    Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    08-27-2013 09:31 AM
    Oh, I think in other countries a PhD student just counts as a graduate student, what means it's just a student. I think I'd be included then.
    Most likely. What didn't you like about Office 2013? I've been using it for a few months now at home and have no issues with it.
    08-27-2013 09:32 AM
    I need to win the lotto so I can do what I want and not have to work :(

Too much stuff going on right now... 6 month old, SWTOR, FFXIV, XBoxOne release in Nov. (maybe Nov. 8), apps and updates I need to work on... and all that cake to eat.
    I can agree with this. However I won't be doing apps or buying Xbox one etc. I've got other things I want to do. :)
    08-27-2013 09:33 AM
145,721 ... 152153154155156 ...