I just went an got my second 'coffee' of the day... oh why do I torture myself so???
    08-27-2013 08:34 AM
    I wonder how many posts I would have to do to catch up to BP....
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    08-27-2013 08:34 AM
    Most likely. What didn't you like about Office 2013? I've been using it for a few months now at home and have no issues with it.
    I had Outlook 2010 in the lab. It worked perfectly and the way I like it after 15 minutes of configuring it. Then I installed Outlook 2013 on my personal computer. I tried half a day to make it work like my Outlook 2010. The Windows Live integration is so much worse than the little plug-in for Outlook 2010. It just always messed everything up. Then I was really frustrated that there is no shared inbox. I also didn't understand why they changed the way appointments are showed on the main page.

But by far the worst thing was, that they put a Metro surface onto the old interface, and this in a even more terrible way than with the Win 8 interface put on Win 7. It just had always the wrong options available, and it was a mess to get to the old interface every time to do what I really wanted to do.

It was just a messed up piece of software and a terrible step back. Really, really bad. (All the anger just came back to me ;-) )

But maybe they fixed some of the issues since then, and if I use Exchange as my main address, I think everything works better anyway.
    08-27-2013 08:37 AM
    Yeah it always messed my head up as well until I saw a programme where Stephen Hawking used a room full of silver balls on the floor to explain the effects of gravity.
    I learnt that concept from Lawrence Krauss in a video of a talk he gave. It was before his book Universe from nothing. The talk was quite interesting but I can't search for it now as I can't get to YouTube.
    08-27-2013 08:39 AM
    PS4, PS4, PlayStation 4!
    08-27-2013 08:39 AM
    I wonder how many posts I would have to do to catch up to BP....
    About another 1430 :P
    08-27-2013 08:41 AM
    I had Outlook 2010 in the lab. It worked perfectly and the way I like it after 15 minutes of configuring it. Then I installed Outlook 2013 on my personal computer. I tried half a day to make it work like my Outlook 2010. The Windows Live integration is so much worse than the little plug-in for Outlook 2010. It just always messed everything up. Then I was really frustrated that there is no shared inbox. I also didn't understand why they changed the way appointments are showed on the main page.

But by far the worst thing was, that they put a Metro surface onto the old interface, and this in a even more terrible way than with the Win 8 interface put on Win 7. It just had always the wrong options available, and it was a mess to get to the old interface every time to do what I really wanted to do.

It was just a messed up piece of software and a terrible step back. Really, really bad. (All the anger just came back to me ;-) )

But maybe they fixed some of the issues since then, and if I use Exchange as my main address, I think everything works better anyway.
    Funny. I like the way Office 2013 handles Live accounts and other email accounts. It's very useful for me anyway. As for the new interface, like anything comes down to preference. I don't mind it.
    08-27-2013 08:41 AM
    About another 1430 :P
    I actually meant bypassing you as the top poster but that will do too :P
    08-27-2013 08:42 AM
    OK another picture of the 'home' country for me.

Here's a place the upsets the Americans all the time, the fact that we have the better part of Niagara Falls. :)

aviary-photo_130220795498167077.jpg
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-27-2013 08:47 AM
    Funny. I like the way Office 2013 handles Live accounts and other email accounts. It's very useful for me anyway. As for the new interface, like anything comes down to preference. I don't mind it.
    Everything was just handled much better by Windows Live Mail in my case. But that doesn't support Exchange.

But maybe my account situation is just too complicated: I have on Live account without mail address for contacts and appointments. I have one personal mail address which I access by IMAP. Then I have two Exchange accounts, which I had only temporary so I didn't want to use them for contacts and appointments and accessed therefore also by IMAP. Works perfectly with Windows Live Mail, couldn't make it work with Office 2013.

Now I would use an Exchange account as main account, and just the personal mail address over IMAP. I think even Outlook 2013 could handle that.
    08-27-2013 08:48 AM
    Everything was just handled much better by Windows Live Mail in my case. But that doesn't support Exchange.

But maybe my account situation is just too complicated: I have on Live account without mail address for contacts and appointments. I have one personal mail address which I access by IMAP. Then I have two Exchange accounts, which I had only temporary so I didn't want to use them for contacts and appointments and accessed therefore also by IMAP. Works perfectly with Windows Live Mail, couldn't make it work with Office 2013.

Now I would use an Exchange account as main account, and just the personal mail address over IMAP. I think even Outlook 2013 could handle that.
    I'm sure it will be fine. :) I haven't tried multiple accounts thoroughly with 2013. I have to upgrade my wife's Outlook to give it a try. She's got a few email accounts. I only have an outlook.com account.
    08-27-2013 08:53 AM
    I actually meant bypassing you as the top poster but that will do too :P
    Ohhh well that not possible!
    08-27-2013 08:56 AM
    I'm sure it will be fine. :) I haven tried multiple accounts thoroughly with 2013. I have to upgrade my wife's Outlook to give it a try. She's got a few email accounts. I only have an outlook.com account.
    I think I remembered wrongly. I migrated a few weeks after that everything to Windows Live. When I bought Outlook 2013 I still used one Exchange account. Outlook 2013 just defined this as standard then, and didn't integrate the Windows Live data directly, it was always in a different register. And there was no way to always use Live as standard, I was able to set it as standard to some extend, but it still put the (empty) Exchange contacts first. I think that was the main problem.
    08-27-2013 08:58 AM
    Ohhh well that not possible!
    How do you see the stats? I noticed Wandering Traveller posting stats. Can anyone see those or only you 'special' people. :P
    08-27-2013 08:58 AM
    I think I remembered wrongly. I migrated a few weeks after that everything to Windows Live. When I bought Outlook 2013 I still used one Exchange account. Outlook 2013 just defined this as standard then, and didn't integrate the Windows Live data directly, it was always in a different register. And there was no way to always use Live as standard, I was able to set it as standard to some extend, but it still put the (empty) Exchange contacts first. I think that was the main problem.
    I've always used my Live account as default since 2007. I would find that a big odd that it would have changed in 2013. I know that when I set up 2013 there was no issue. Then again, I never used exchange and a Live account at the same time. I've been using Outlook since 2003 as my mail at home. I like it a lot and I know to some people it's an overkill but I like it.
    08-27-2013 09:01 AM
    I've always used my Live account as default since 2007. I would find that a big odd that it would have changed in 2013. I know that when I set up 2013 there was no issue. Then again, I never used exchange and a Live account at the same time. I've been using Outlook since 2003 as my mail at home. I like it a lot and I know to some people it's an overkill but I like it.
    I used Outlook up to Office 2007. Then I bought Office 2010 and found Windows Live Mail sufficient for all my needs. But... heck, I'll just buy it again. I hope Microsoft won't tell me: "A few months ago you wanted your money back, and now you're coming crawling back on your knees?!"
    08-27-2013 09:03 AM
    I used Outlook up to Office 2007. Then I bought Office 2010 and found Windows Live Mail sufficient for all my needs. But... heck, I'll just buy it again. I hope Microsoft won't tell me: "A few months ago you wanted your money back, and now you're coming crawling back on your knees?!"
    I think they'll just be happy to have the money! :P
    08-27-2013 09:05 AM
    How do you see the stats? I noticed Wandering Traveller posting stats. Can anyone see those or only you 'special' people. :P
    You can view the source of any website so the code they use.
    08-27-2013 09:06 AM
    You can view the source of any website so the code they use.
    I understand I can see the code but how does that help?
    08-27-2013 09:09 AM
    I'm not much of a code person :P I know HTML and I know some Javascript but I can't program.
    08-27-2013 09:12 AM
    We have stalled again folks. Don't worry the crews are coming to get us and we'll be up and running in no time!
    08-27-2013 09:15 AM
    I'll get 12 months of Xbox Live Gold with Office. Is that any good without an Xbox?
    08-27-2013 09:19 AM
    I'll get 12 months of Xbox Live Gold with Office. Is that any good without an Xbox?
    Not really. Only found use of Xbox Live Gold on Xbox.
    08-27-2013 09:22 AM
    Not really. Only found use of Xbox Live Gold on Xbox.
    Okay, thanks. I don't think I'll own a Xbox within the next 12 months.
    08-27-2013 09:23 AM
    Okay.... I go to sleep, wake up, and there are 5 PAGES of new posts on this thing. I feel so ..... left behind.
    08-27-2013 09:29 AM
142,787 ... 153154155156157 ...