WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

When they released WP8 they needed to make more of splash than just a great camera. The OS is fine but not fantastic and the issues surrounding it with regards to SD card problems, storage and so on, which haven't been fixed even after three updates (I've been seeing people with 1520 complaining of issues) this is not a good thing. WP8.1 or whatever it's going to be called needs to be fantastic. It needs to lose all the issues and bring about great functionality. Otherwise it won't only lose users it will not gain any. On top of that it needs to become up to date and relevant in having apps/games released at the same time as their iOS and Android counterparts. This constant wait or wonder if we'll ever get the 'x' app or game is ridiculous. That turns people off. I'm a little tired of being a user of 'third party apps'. If I wanted that I would have stuck with Symbian.

It doesn't bother me about unofficial apps for third party services, I will agree about the fact that there are some annoying quirks that do need to be fixed, although 8.1 seems to be doing something good to the public eye, it's not doing enough, If Microsoft wishes to become big in the mobile market, they need to show their dedication, they may be already somewhat dedicated, but they need to show more dedication.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't bother me about unofficial apps for third party services, I will agree about the fact that there are some annoying quirks that do need to be fixed, although 8.1 seems to be doing something good to the public eye, it's not doing enough, If Microsoft wishes to become big in the mobile market, they need to show their dedication, they may be already somewhat dedicated, but they need to show more dedication.

I don't personally care about apps that much. However, we're talking about perception. What does the average consumer see? No Candy Crush, beta Instagram (it took forever to get that), no 'official' Facebook app, etc. This is the problem. A user gets on WP, wants what their friends have. Doesn't find the apps or games. Phone ends up on eBay and they buy an Android or iPhone. That is the issue. That's what I meant. Not everyone can afford multiple devices (not taking a pot shot at you btw) most can only afford one. If that one isn't doing it for them it goes. Regardless what anyone else says on the this forum, apps are king. User experience is second. If you're not hitting both you're in trouble.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I scrolled through everything slowly slowly and then i realized i wasn't reading :straight:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't personally care about apps that much. However, we're talking about perception. What does the average consumer see? No Candy Crush, beta Instagram (it took forever to get that), no 'official' Facebook app, etc. This is the problem. A user gets on WP, wants what their friends have. Doesn't find the apps or games. Phone ends up on eBay and they buy an Android or iPhone. That is the issue. That's what I meant. Not everyone can afford multiple devices (not taking a pot shot at you btw) most can only afford one. If that one isn't doing it for them it goes. Regardless what anyone else says on the this forum, apps are king. User experience is second. If you're not hitting both you're in trouble.

You should run the windows phone divisions.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You should run the windows phone divisions.

I'm sure someone on this forum would come along and tell me that MS knows what it's doing and is in it for the long haul. Blah, blah, blah... That I can't do better than them, I don't know what I'm talking about. All is fine. The apps are coming. Things are better than they were. Etc.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure someone on this forum would come along and tell me that MS knows what it's doing and is in it for the long haul. Blah, blah, blah... That I can't do better than them, I don't know what I'm talking about. All is fine. The apps are coming. Things are better than they were. Etc.

I'm holding judgement till WP8.1 released.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Assuming Microsoft doesn't screw everything up with WP8.1, I'm going ahead with my plan to convert everyone in my family to Microsoft.

It'll take some time, but my dad is actually helping me (unwittingly) by buying a new desktop with a touchscreen. *gasps*

Everyone except me, though. 3DS+Wii U FTW!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Assuming Microsoft doesn't screw everything up with WP8.1, I'm going ahead with my plan to convert everyone in my family to Microsoft.

It'll take some time, but my dad is actually helping me (unwittingly) by buying a new desktop with a touchscreen. *gasps*

Everyone except me, though. 3DS+Wii U FTW!

I'm waiting for WP8.1 but I have no plans to convert anyone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't have any plans if they weren't actually excited about it. I'm just helping them along~

Ah. I think my wife is on the fence about WP. Now that Nokia is no longer making the phones she feels less patriotic about it. She's also tired of the lack of apps for WP. I'm on the fence simply because I'm tired of being a part of a 3rd rate ecosystem. I had the with Symbian and it doesn't seem to be getting significantly better. We're still waiting for apps.

That's not to say WP doesn't let me do what I want, I've just run into situations where I wanted an app and it didn't exist. The website for something wasn't mobile friendly. So it gets frustrating.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Ah. I think my wife is on the fence about WP. Now that Nokia is no longer making the phones she feels less patriotic about it. She's also tired of the lack of apps for WP. I'm on the fence simply because I'm tired of being a part of a 3rd rate ecosystem. I had the with Symbian and it doesn't seem to be getting significantly better. We're still waiting for apps.

That's not to say WP doesn't let me do what I want, I've just run into situations where I wanted an app and it didn't exist. The website for something wasn't mobile friendly. So it gets frustrating.
To be honest, if you were part of the Symbian userbase, you should've gotten used to it.
"Wait for Symbian^3!"
"Wait for Symbian Anna!"
"Wait for Symbian Belle!"
The endless Symbian waiting game. We're seeing it on Windows Phone.

Threshold cannot come quickly enough.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, if you were part of the Symbian userbase, you should've gotten used to it.
"Wait for Symbian^3!"
"Wait for Symbian Anna!"

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, well, well.

I have no clue what's going on in our little thread. Maybe I'll catch up later, but first I have to find bacteria.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

"Wait for Symbian^3!"
"Wait for Symbian Anna!"

Yes I see a resemblance which is why I'm tired of it. I was hoping with a newer OS we might get some better traction but that hasn't happened. There just doesn't seem to be any excitement to WP for developers and though there are users who are completely ecstatic I still don't see many WP in the wild.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel