WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got the impression that Endgadget ripped apart. I haven't read it myself though. Probably the usual complaints.

They wrote stuff like:

We got a good taste of how this feels with the Nokia Lumia 1520 (spoiler: It's pretty dang good), but most people would prefer flagship specs in a smaller phone.

While the Lumia 1520 screen was beautiful, we found ourselves champing at the bit to play with a similar HD display in a smaller size -- and we were impressed as soon as we saw it.

Negative aspects included fear that it is as sensible to damage as the iPhone 5, and that it is a little on the bulky side. But then they wrote:

On the flip side, it's easy to hold and you won't ever feel like it's going to slip out of your hands, but it's certainly something worth noting.

I don't see any ripping apart in this. I don't know why everybody always talks that negatively about Engadget...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There's apparently internal rumours and at this stage we know that WP8.1 will support Java. I'd recommend reading the story as I don't remember the details.

I read the article on WPC, it was basically a long text of nothingness. Then I looked up the source article and it was just too long to keep my interest up. So I just went for the comments which all were very critical. So at least I'm not the only one who finds this idea silly ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They wrote stuff like:
Negative aspects included fear that it is as sensible to damage as the iPhone 5, and that it is a little on the bulky side. But then they wrote:
I don't see any ripping apart in this. I don't know why everybody always talks that negatively about Engadget...

I guess some people feel that any negative review is a bad thing for the ecosystem. I have absolutely no interest in a large size phone like that so my review would be pretty bad as well. :p Some people love the large size but I personally don't see the point. Especially since WP8 hasn't got anything new yet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I read the article on WPC, it was basically a long text of nothingness. Then I looked up the source article and it was just too long to keep my interest up. So I just went for the comments which all were very critical. So at least I'm not the only one who finds this idea silly ;-)

Well my opinion is that WP will die if they did that. Quite simple, most people would prefer a true Android experience over a compromised one. It hasn't worked for BB.

As well, a lot of people, including myself, see it as a lack of confidence in their own products. So, for me, I would simply abandon, along with many others, to another platofrm. However, I'd take it a step further and simply abandon all MS products because I would simply lose confidence in all their products. I'd go all Apple, as much as I loath the idea.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess some people feel that any negative review is a bad thing for the ecosystem. I have absolutely no interest in a large size phone like that so my review would be pretty bad as well. :p Some people love the large size but I personally don't see the point. Especially since WP8 hasn't got anything new yet.

I like the design, and I think I'd like the size. But I wouldn't buy a Windows Phone at the moment, because they have nothing new to offer on the software side. All this fancy hardware has no advantage at the moment.

But as it is Verizon exclusive anyway, I don't have to put too much thought into this ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well my opinion is that WP will die if they did that. Quite simple, most people would prefer a true Android experience over a compromised one. It hasn't worked for BB.

As well, a lot of people, including myself, see it as a lack of confidence in their own products. So, for me, I would simply abandon, along with many others, to another platofrm. However, I'd take it a step further and simply abandon all MS products because I would simply lose confidence in all their products. I'd go all Apple, as much as I loath the idea.

That's exactly how I feel about it :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's exactly how I feel about it :)

I'm sure we're not alone. The whole point of this 'Metro' interface was to bring about a cohesive interface between platforms. If they abandon that idea then I don't see the point of sticking with MS. It would be a failed idea and MS will find themselves in trouble I believe. I would see Windows 9 reverting to something more like Windows 7 just to keep face and companies happy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

More and more I think I should have spent the money for a higher resolution screen.

I think the best thing would be just to wait until there is a price drop with the 4k generation and then buy another one. I just don't know what to do with the one I bought now. I don't like selling stuff to people I don't know.

I also don't understand why I can edit written text easily in the WPC forum app, however the Whatsapp app is so buggy in this regard.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm preparing a short introduction to a bacterium I'm not working on. It's not as easy as one might think.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I just got a vinyl skin for my iPhone, it's very nice, i cannot believe how good looking it is! :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm preparing a short introduction to a bacterium I'm not working on. It's not as easy as one might think.

I don't think it would be easy. Lots of people mistake the idea that all bacteria is similar and simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans