WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It doesn't but I don't mean it like that I have respect to them because well they are human and are the same in terms as equality. I dont call them the other word that most guys use to describe a female ...

I'm just educating you. Regardless of what 'you' might mean, doesn't mean what another person will 'hear'. That's what I'm trying to point out.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm just educating you. Regardless of what 'you' might mean, doesn't mean what another person will 'hear'. That's what I'm trying to point out.
We used to say in our college "i don't take credit for what you all think...i know only what i said"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I didn't think its a bad idea to call a girl a chick

What can sometimes starts off as sounding cute can easily turn derogatory. In Australia for example men call women 'birds', reference to the term 'chick'. It's here in the UK but not as prevalent. It's everywhere in the culture as well, even on TV. However there's a backlash against it because it's becoming more derogatory.

Haven't you ever found it odd that most of the female names men use for women tend to have a slight hint of the 'lesser' being to them?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

What can sometimes starts off as sounding cute can easily turn derogatory. In Australia for example men call women 'birds', reference to the term 'chick'. It's here in the UK but not as prevalent. It's everywhere in the culture as well, even on TV. However there's a backlash against it because it's becoming more derogatory.

Haven't you ever found it odd that most of the female names men use for women tend to have a slight hint of the 'lesser' being to them?
Here they term them as "tota" which means bird

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We used to say in our college "i don't take credit for what you all think...i know only what i said"

Communication is a two way thing. Meaning and conveyance is necessary in language. When speaking to another person we can pick up pitch in voice, emotions and so on. When one writes however, it's easy to mistake meaning. It actually takes longer to express meaning in writing than it does in the spoken language.

I know we cannot force someone to 'think' a certain way but we nee to be more concious of how we convey ideas. I believe in total equality for both men and women. I do my best to not use slang terms when describing either sex. I don't think we as a human race can begin to move forward until we start to realise that some things need to change. Objecitfication is a big one that needs to change. I'm not saying men shouldn't find women attractive or vise versa or any such thing. It's about respect of each other.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well I started using the word chick before it become a derogatory word :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I hope my dad plays along and doesn't get ideas in his head and tries to buy a phone.

Just tell him that if you like it to let you know since there is a better deal online than the T-Mo store, that way he knows he is just window shopping:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3