Hmmm, gonna have to try the new Fiery Doritos tacos for lunch
    08-28-2013 09:58 AM
    Get hyper for Wednesday!!!
    mpt15 likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:15 AM
    Nope. Saving my energy - got to work until 745pm then going home having dinner and hitting Halo 4 for a few hours until bedtime.
    08-28-2013 10:19 AM
    Every tattoo I have from the back piece to the small symbol on my chest near my heart has a meaning from a point in my life - I got all my tattoos as they mean something to me at the time that I got them. I see a lot of people with random tattoos and when I ask them why they picked it a lot of the time they cant give an answer.
    See that makes sense to me. However I can't think of instances where getting one would have meant something to me. I guess that's the difference.

I guess the other bit is do I really want to remember some of those things permanently like that!

Now what would be interesting is if I could tattoo the flag of every country I've visited so far. That would be painful but then I would have to keep adding them! I could just keep it to citizenship I guess. Then I'll only have three, eventually.
    08-28-2013 10:34 AM
    The only good thing about Wednesday is that it's closer to Friday.
    sinime and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-28-2013 10:35 AM
    See that makes sense to me. However I can't think of instances where getting one would have meant something to me. I guess that's the difference.

I guess the other bit is do I really want to remember some of those things permanently like that!

Now what would be interesting is if I could tattoo the flag of every country I've visited so far. That would be painful but then I would have to keep adding them! I could just keep it to citizenship I guess. Then I'll only have three, eventually.
    I wouldn't know what moments to carry on my skin my entire life. I think what I could imagine the most would be the names of children (which I don't expect to get in the next few years).

Swiss people are grown to modest to tattoo something like a great graduation, and, as an other example, I carry the people gone in my heart, not on my skin.

I know someone who told me about a friend who has a world map tattoo. Whenever this person visits a country, the area gets filled with a color.

Totally unrelated, have you ever been to Switzerland?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:41 AM
    Not yet but it's on the list of places to visit. :) I'm only up to 20 countries at the moment. Need to visit a few more. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:45 AM
    My hope is to do a driving trip through Europe one year. Possibly next. I also haven't set foot on Africa, Central American and South America yet. I don't have plans for Antarctic.
    08-28-2013 10:50 AM

I have. 3 different places, 3 Christmases in a row - Lausanne, Lucerne and Geneva.
    08-28-2013 10:51 AM
    Not yet but it's on the list of places to visit. :) I'm only up to 20 countries at the moment. Need to visit a few more. :)
    I have never thought about how many countries I have visited. Let me open a map and start counting ;-)

USA, Ireland, UK (England and Scottland, I haven't been to Wales yet), Spain, Morocco, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Lichtenstein. Do the Vatican and Monaco count? ;-)

In December I'll add Norway to the list. It's very Europe focused, mostly because there is so much to see and traveling isn't too expensive.
    08-28-2013 10:53 AM
    Where do you recommend going in Switzerland, where should I start?
    08-28-2013 10:54 AM
    I have. 3 different places, 3 Christmases in a row - Lausanne, Lucerne and Geneva.
    Skiing?
    08-28-2013 10:54 AM
    I have never thought about how many countries I have visited. Let me open a map and start counting ;-)

USA, Ireland, UK (England and Scottland, I haven't been to Wales yet), Spain, Morocco, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Lichtenstein. Do the Vatican and Monaco count? ;-)

In December I'll add Norway to the list. It's very Europe focused, mostly because there is so much to see and traveling isn't too expensive.
    The only reason I know the number is due to an app on Facebook.
    08-28-2013 10:55 AM
    I have never been to Geneva, I have been to the motor show and landed at the Geneva air port once. But I have never been to the city. I also have never visited Lausanne. So you know Switzerland better than I do :D

I have studied near Lucerne though.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:55 AM

I count any country that I actually set foot in, not airports, if I did my number would be larger than it is.

I'm not surprised your's is EU centric as mine will be more and more. It's very easy to visit many countries in a short amount of time.
    08-28-2013 10:58 AM
    the Cailler chocolate factory in Brie.
    Jungfrau
    Zermatt, Matterhorn

These are places I really liked.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:59 AM
    Skiing?
    No not skiing just for a Christmas break - my parents got bored of Christmas at home so we went to different places every year in Europe for a week long break. Lucerne was actually an accident as when my father booked it he got it mixed up with Lausanne as the are both next to lakes. Hence the following year we went to Lausanne and did a trip to Geneva so that ended up being the destination for the following year. Did a couple of Christmases in the Tirol in Austria by which point I was 16 and a bit too old to be going on Christmas holidays with the parents so missed out the following year.
    08-28-2013 11:01 AM
    So you know Switzerland better than I do :D
    It's funny. When it's your own country you tend not to visit too many places. I haven't seen much of Canada for example. I saw lots of Australia, UK and Finland and usually when I talk to residents in those countries they're always shocked by how much I've seen.
    Chregu, mpt15 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    Zurich is a nice city with a lot to see. Lucerne also, Lucerne is very touristic though. Basel is worth a look, some areas have a nice atmosphere. And of course Berne is beautiful too. Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains. For the two French cities you'd have to ask Martin MC :)

In general, it's beautiful everywhere in the alps.
    mpt15 likes this.
    I count any country that I actually set foot in, not airports, if I did my number would be larger than it is.

I'm not surprised your's is EU centric as mine will be more and more. It's very easy to visit many countries in a short amount of time.
    Yes, that are countries I have really been to and traveled. You can randomly pick one and I'll tell you a great story about my time there :D
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:03 AM
    No not skiing just for a Christmas break - my parents got bored of Christmas at home so we went to different places every year in Europe for a week long break. Lucerne was actually an accident as when my father booked it he got it mixed up with Lausanne as the are both next to lakes. Hence the following year we went to Lausanne and did a trip to Geneva so that ended up being the destination for the following year. Did a couple of Christmases in the Tirol in Austria by which point I was 16 and a bit too old to be going on Christmas holidays with the parents so missed out the following year.
    I went to Vanuatu for Christmas once. When I was younger I never traveled much. I'm was up until my mother came to visit last year to have traveled overseas in my whole family. Not counting my great grand parents who traveled from the UK after WWI.
    08-28-2013 11:04 AM
    . Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains.
    Interlaken is really beautiful.
    Last year, I stayed a week at Interlaken and took a day trip to a different place each day.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:04 AM
    They keep having BBQs at my work that I'm not invited to. :(
    08-28-2013 11:10 AM
    Zurich is a nice city with a lot to see. Lucerne also, Lucerne is very touristic though. Basel is worth a look, some areas have a nice atmosphere. And of course Berne is beautiful too. Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains. For the two French cities you'd have to ask Martin MC :)

I'll have to look into this more. I don't know much about Switzerland at all. I know of the two main cities and the mountains but never investigated the towns much.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:22 AM

To be honest all I can remember of all three places was how clean they were compared to London as it was over 20 years ago. I do remember both the lakes as well, shops selling cuckoo clocks, swiss army knives and chocolate. I actually did a school project on Switzerland so that would have made me 8 or 9 the last time I was there. Think I might have to do a long weekend in Lausanne or Lucerne just to refresh my memory now were talking about it.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:23 AM
144,450 ... 169170171172173 ...