WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Here are some key facts about Nokia:
There has been no S60 4th Edition.
There is no Symbian^4.
There are three editions of Symbian^3. (Namely, the original, Anna and Belle. The rest are feature packs)
Nokia released three kinds of devices on Symbian^3. (NSeries, ESeries, CSeries.)
The Nokia N95 had three keypads.
WP7 Lumias live on three major versions of WP. (Mango, Tango, 7.8)
There is no such thing as a 4xx or a 4xxx Nokia device.
There is no such thing as a Nokia flagship that has a screen of exactly 4". (808 doesn't count, it's a legend.)
There are exactly three kinds of Nokia devices when it comes to RAM.
So far, the most variants of a Lumia is three (82x line)
And, perhaps the most important fact of them all...

...Nokia used to be able to count to 4.

very cool. Im intrigued

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Some people are speculating that the reason Nokia isn't successful right now is because Stephen Elop's name has four syllables.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

This is my second post to this thread. I wonder what will happen when I get to the fourth...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

So folks, what's the best Nokia phone made to this point? For me, the top 5 are the E71, N95, Lumia 920, E90 and the N9.

I feel so left out in this conversation. I have seen the N71, but that is it as far as great Nokia devices. I had a Nokia 2600- which was as basic as a basic block phone could ever be. I used it as a back-up phone in my pre-smartphone days. But I will say that it is still in my drawer, and the stupid thing still works.

I still have yet to go play with the 1020.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Also- on the subject of Nokia: i was a big believer in them going all WP. I could dig up posts on Phone Arena in 2011 when it was announced to show I defended it. But I always wondered out loud about the thought that Nokia could have made the transition so much easier if they just continued to put out a single line of Symbian devices until WP grew. In my perfect world, maybe until WP8 came out (which rumor is Nokia knew about the WP7/WP8 situation when they signed on with MS).

Thoughts?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Man this thread moves so fast now. Went back like 10 pages. Hard to keep up so I'll just drop in and say hi.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Also- on the subject of Nokia: i was a big believer in them going all WP. I could dig up posts on Phone Arena in 2011 when it was announced to show I defended it. But I always wondered out loud about the thought that Nokia could have made the transition so much easier if they just continued to put out a single line of Symbian devices until WP grew. In my perfect world, maybe until WP8 came out (which rumor is Nokia knew about the WP7/WP8 situation when they signed on with MS).

Thoughts?

I think they had to do it how they did it because they had a limited time as MSFT's preferred OEM. I liked the idea of them coming on board with WP, but I'd rather see both Nokia and HTC be the co lead in WP, with Samsung selling a few devices here and there. HTC is too busy trying to fight Apple and Samsung at this point...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Man this thread moves so fast now. Went back like 10 pages. Hard to keep up so I'll just drop in and say hi.

Hi, Gedzum!! Get signed up on the Fantasy Football yet? I am really ready to stop the work side of this thing and get into the playing pretend football with real players!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb