There's no need to picture molecules in this instance.
    Would be a pretty awesome simulation if the movement of single molecules would be calculated according to different sound waves. There must be labs that do that though.

I'd take single lines any time ;-)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-05-2014 09:40 AM
    There's no need to picture molecules in this instance.
    ah ok! Continue With your explanation,im curious@_@
    03-05-2014 09:40 AM
    Yayyyy!! Mic!!
    Hey Nadia, went running this morning and a dip in the sea, its a great start to a beautiful day :)
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    03-05-2014 09:42 AM
    My battery on 10% on my 710!!!
    03-05-2014 09:43 AM
    My battery on 10% on my 710!!!
    o.o you should charge it :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-05-2014 09:49 AM
    o.o you should charge it :P
    Of course
    03-05-2014 09:50 AM
    Of course
    you could charge it with that one sonic weapon ;-)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-05-2014 09:51 AM
    you could charge it with that one sonic weapon ;-)
    of course
    03-05-2014 09:52 AM
    of course
    im starting to think you like the word "of course "
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-05-2014 09:56 AM
    im starting to think you like the word "of course "
    Of course.
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and BIGPADDY like this.
    03-05-2014 10:00 AM
    ah ok! Continue With your explanation,im curious@_@
    I'll do my best to keep things simple.

First you need to understand analogue and digital, for this case. Analogue is 'real world' information. In this case, sound waves. Digital is a representation of analogue in a digital format, 1s and 0s.

What happens first is the conversion of an analogue signal into digital. This happens by the use of a Analogue Digital Converter (ADC). They're quite complex so I'll keep this simple as possible. ADC have a resolution. This resolution generally represents its sample rate of the analogue signal. You may have heard of 16bit sound cards? The bits is the resolution. Commercial bit rates are around 24bits. This means you'll get a high quality of sampling.

Now when you have the information stored as digital you need to convert it back to analogue as we can't hear digital. So this means you need a Digital Analogue Converter (DAC). A DAC, like an ADC has a sample rate as well. What this does is it takes the digital information and converts it back to an analogue signal so we can hear the sound. A speaker, for example, doesn't work on a digital signal, it requires an analogue signal. A speaker is very much like our ear. It receives a signal and it vibrates to produce sound.

All sound media works like this. There is no other way to do it as far as I know. Does that make sense?
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-05-2014 10:01 AM
    Of course.
    I saw that one coming but silly me I had to go for it .....>.> and now snowflake I suppose you are agreeing with Bp
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-05-2014 10:05 AM
    I'll do my best to keep things simple.

First you need to understand analogue and digital, for this case. Analogue is 'real world' information. In this case, sound waves. Digital is a representation of analogue in a digital format, 1s and 0s.

What happens first is the conversion of an analogue signal into digital. This happens by the use of a Analogue Digital Converter (ADC). They're quite complex so I'll keep this simple as possible. ADC have a resolution. This resolution generally represents its sample rate of the analogue signal. You may have heard of 16bit sound cards? The bits is the resolution. Commercial bit rates are around 24bits. This means you'll get a high quality of sampling.

Now when you have the information stored as digital you need to convert it back to analogue as we can't hear digital. So this means you need a Digital Analogue Converter (DAC). A DAC, like an ADC has a sample rate as well. What this does is it takes the digital information and converts it back to an analogue signal so we can hear the sound. A speaker, for example, doesn't work on a digital signal, it requires an analogue signal. A speaker is very much like our ear. It receives a signal and it vibrates to produce sound.

All sound media works like this. There is no other way to do it as far as I know. Does that make sense?
    I had to read it 5 times to get it and visualize it. So the first part doesn't really apply to mp3, or cd players Or any music playing device but more if its to analyze it on the computer because it only reads 0 and 1. The second part applys to the things that produce music. Since its being converted to analog so we can hear it needs electricity to travel up the wires to hit the driver to make sound.
    That's how I understood it
    03-05-2014 10:16 AM
    I had to read it 5 times to get it and visualize it. So the first part doesn't really apply to mp3, or cd players Or any music playing device but more if its to analyze it on the computer because it only reads 0 and 1. The second part applys to the things that produce music. Since its being converted to analog so we can hear it needs electricity to travel up the wires to hit the driver to make sound.
    Im sure you learn this in secondary school well I learnt all this in secondary school.

About sound waves and what they do etc.
    03-05-2014 10:20 AM
    Im sure you learn this in secondary school well I learnt all this in secondary school.

About sound waves and what they do etc.
    they didn't teach us that here im high school :/ I would have to take a college course
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-05-2014 10:29 AM
    You're more or less right. The ADC is used a the 'recording' stage of the music, in our example. Most music studios are digital these days. The DAC is what is used in players so we can here the music.

There's lots more information but it doesn't matter. That's all you really need to know. In the case of our smartphones we would have both a ADC and DAC on it because we have a microphone and a speaker. :)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-05-2014 10:33 AM
    Hey Nadia, went running this morning and a dip in the sea, its a great start to a beautiful day :)
    Wow....you've a sea hope you've a great day!
    03-05-2014 10:36 AM
    I also went running today. Along a river though, no sea here. After all it's Switzerland. We had a sea once though Tethys Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    03-05-2014 10:54 AM
    I really want a SONY XPERIA Z2 with WP8.1 on it!

That will be an instant buy from myself.
    Sony wasn't on their list when they announced the OEM's. So for now, no Sony WPs. I prefer Lumias anyways. But the z2 is still spectacular, and would be nice with WP.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums
    03-05-2014 11:00 AM
    Sony wasn't on their list when they announced the OEM's. So for now, no Sony WPs. I prefer Lumias anyways. But the z2 is still spectacular, and would be nice with WP.

How bout the oppo 12 or is It 10 o.o
    03-05-2014 11:05 AM
    Wow....you've a sea hope you've a great day!
    o.o he's not that sea..... if he was he would be waving to us :P
    03-05-2014 11:09 AM
    o.o he's not that sea..... if he was he would be waving to us :P
    They should create a special button for your comments. A big ? so we can flag it when we have no idea what you're talking about. :P
    unstoppablekem and Chregu like this.
    03-05-2014 11:13 AM
    Math test.

03-05-2014 11:15 AM
    They should create a special button for your comments. A big ? so we can flag it when we have no idea what you're talking about. :P
    NOOOOO that would be every single comment I do D: the mods would ban me for not making sense :P
    03-05-2014 11:16 AM
    Math test.

Meh its just a math test. Its time for you to get big boy shorts
    03-05-2014 11:16 AM
145,654 ... 17241725172617271728 ...