WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think they had to do it how they did it because they had a limited time as MSFT's preferred OEM. I liked the idea of them coming on board with WP, but I'd rather see both Nokia and HTC be the co lead in WP, with Samsung selling a few devices here and there. HTC is too busy trying to fight Apple and Samsung at this point...

Yeah, I am sure for the amount of money MS was willing to give nokia, you are most likely right.

I worry for HTC. If they just pick a direction, I think they would be fine. But they do not have the resources to try and support everything they are doing. I think they could compete better in the world market if they just went all in on WP. It is growing. But they seem determined to get Android out there. Meanwhile, they cut mid range devices to do premium.... OOPS!! that didn't work, better go back to making mid range. Gonna push nice camera's .... OOPS!! Let's try "Beats" instead. What? Beats is buying us out?? Call it Boom sound, we are still in there.. kinda do WP.... kinda not......

What ever guys.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Hi, Gedzum!! Get signed up on the Fantasy Football yet? I am really ready to stop the work side of this thing and get into the playing pretend football with real players!!

Hey snowmutt, I'm signed up with my uncle's league only at the moment. Did you send an email already?

I'm looking forward to the WPCentral league. Will be cool competing with you guys.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I am sure for the amount of money MS was willing to give nokia, you are most likely right.

I worry for HTC. If they just pick a direction, I think they would be fine. But they do not have the resources to try and support everything they are doing. I think they could compete better in the world market if they just went all in on WP. It is growing. But they seem determined to get Android out there. Meanwhile, they cut mid range devices to do premium.... OOPS!! that didn't work, better go back to making mid range. Gonna push nice camera's .... OOPS!! Let's try "Beats" instead. What? Beats is buying us out?? Call it Boom sound, we are still in there.. kinda do WP.... kinda not......

What ever guys.

yeah, I think if HTC go all in with WP and sign a deal with MS they'll be fine.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Hey snowmutt, I'm signed up with my uncle's league only at the moment. Did you send an email already?

I'm looking forward to the WPCentral league. Will be cool competing with you guys.

Yep... sent it. You should have got it by now. We have had a couple already join.

and feel free to save all your wins for your Uncle's league....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Yep... sent it. You should have got it by now. We have had a couple already join.

and feel free to save all your wins for your Uncle's league....

I didn't receive an email. Or at least I can't see it in my inbox, even the junk folder. What is the name of the league? Maybe I can search for it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I didn't receive an email. Or at least I can't see it in my inbox, even the junk folder. What is the name of the league? Maybe I can search for it.

SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!

I messed up the email. Forgot the last 2 letters of it. Double check- I have a chore to get done. I will double check after that.

Sorry, gedzum....... my absolute bad.....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

No worries snowmutt. Whenever you're ready, I understand you'll be busy.

Edit: I got the email bud. Nice league name haha

AnarchistHamster

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Props to the 1020, it's a game changer to me. I never considered owning a smartphone, sometimes scoffed at them, till I read up on this camera.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

guys, anyone could recommend good and not so expensive laptop/notebook running WINDOWS8? I don't care so much about playing games, mostly I would use it to edit office docs, browsing internet and similar tasks. :p I really like ACER Aspire v5 series design, anyone got it?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Just to inform you about my day: After meeting a friend in the morning, we went to an art museum in the afternoon which was actually very nice and interesting. I would have loved to buy a poster of one of the paintings for my new flat, but they didn't have the ones I liked the most. Then we had some ice cream before we cooked a delicious homemade lasagna. After that we decided we could watch a movie and chose "Now you see me" which we both didn't really get. So we looked up the blot and did some reading and now it really seems that the movie is stupid, not us. Of course, the movie was a fun popcorn ride, but they just weren't capable of ending it.

Then I ate some of the leftovers from yesterday's cakes. Yes, I had cake and ice cream today.

Taken everything together, this was a good Sunday.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Just to inform you about my day: After meeting a friend in the morning, we went to an art museum in the afternoon which was actually very nice and interesting. I would have loved to buy a poster of one of the paintings for my new flat, but they didn't have the ones I liked the most. Then we had some ice cream before we cooked a delicious homemade lasagna. After that we decided we could watch a movie and chose "Now you see me" which we both didn't really get. So we looked up the blot and did some reading and now it really seems that the movie is stupid, not us. Of course, the movie was a fun popcorn ride, but they just weren't capable of ending it.

Then I ate some of the leftovers from yesterday's cakes. Yes, I had cake and ice cream today.

Taken everything together, this was a good Sunday.

I broke a chair...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What ever guys.

yeah, I think if HTC go all in with WP and sign a deal with MS they'll be fine.

Personally, the dual approach can still work (selling Android and WP). They may be better off producing a smaller lineup of phones...one flagship WP and one flagship Android annually, supplemented with 1 Android mini, 1 Android tablet, 1 mid range WP, and 1 low end WP. But I could be merely arm chair CEOing here. Would hate to see HTC walk the road as Blackberry.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just finishing up my time in the kitchen making lunch for the week. Looking forward to the US Labor Day holiday weekend.

AnarchistHamster

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

recommend good and not so expensive laptop/notebook running WINDOWS8?

For $330 I quite like this Lenovo Lenovo 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive G505 - 59373013 - Best Buy

I've been hands on with it & the only thing I didn't like about it was its size. It's the commonplace 15 inch screen size, & I prefer under 14 inches. That also makes it heavier than my current 12". But the screen looked good; I use this to test contrast Online monitor test - By vanity.dk and flatpanels.dk While this is by no definition a gaming laptop, you might be surprised by the degree of graphical capabilities of the A6-5200 apu compared to Intel offerings under $400. This Jaguar processor is superior to what I'm currently using in the same architecture line to play XCOM Enemy Unknown. It's all a question of what low settings/frame rate you find acceptable. It's also a power efficient part with a TDP of 25 watts. It's that big, bright screen that is going to undermine battery life.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

For $330 I quite like this Lenovo Lenovo 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive G505 - 59373013 - Best Buy

I've been hands on with it & the only thing I didn't like about it was its size. It's the commonplace 15 inch screen size, & I prefer under 14 inches. That also makes it heavier than my current 12". But the screen looked good; I use this to test contrast Online monitor test - By vanity.dk and flatpanels.dk While this is by no definition a gaming laptop, you might be surprised by the degree of graphical capabilities of the A6-5200 apu compared to Intel offerings under $400. This Jaguar processor is superior to what I'm currently using in the same architecture line to play XCOM Enemy Unknown. It's all a question of what low settings/frame rate you find acceptable. It's also a power efficient part with a TDP of 25 watts. It's that big, bright screen that is going to undermine battery life.

welcome to the forums :) thanks for sharing, that's quite interesting deal! I'll take a look if it's available over here in stores. Offers enough to cover my needs I think. :) greetings

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

BP, wish you cold stop by. I did a red velvet today as a snack (no from scratch though, but still good). I can ship you a piece along with my 810 if you ship back that red 920...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss