I just noticed....my house is surrounded with fast food places :O house of donuts, subway, herfy, kfc, dunkin' donuts, hardee's, pizza hut, dominoes, McDonalds, cone zone, Baskin Robbins, taco bell and some other mid eastern restaurants.... x_x
    So part of the deals that the US makes with KSA is that they can give you their health problems???? :P
    03-19-2014 02:55 AM
    I thought the UK was bad for getting US fast food joints but that's impressive. We don't have all those yet. :P
    03-19-2014 02:58 AM
    So part of the deals that the US makes with KSA is that they can give you their health problems???? :P
    We have insurance!!! :p which covers almost everything....but yeah I blame them for health problems. :O but our food is more unhealthy since it's too rich in everything...
    03-19-2014 02:59 AM
    We have insurance!!! :p which covers almost everything....but yeah I blame them for health problems. :O but our food is more unhealthy since it's too rich in everything...
    I'm unsure what food is like in KSA... (aside from the US fast food). What are some dishes?
    hope4wp likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:00 AM
    Good morning!

I'm in a good mood today.
    LMZR likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:05 AM
    Good morning!

I'm in a good mood today.
    Good to hear. I'm a bit indifferent this morning but it could be the flu I have.
    03-19-2014 03:06 AM
    Good to hear. I'm a bit indifferent this morning but it could be the flu I have.
    Are you feeling better?

I just realized how glad I am that I work with colleagues who really care about cake issues...
    Last edited by Chregu; 03-19-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:10 AM
    Are you feeling better?

I just realized how glade I am that I work with colleagues who really care about cake issues...
    Yesterday I was about 85% today I'm probably around 92% maybe a touch more. So I'm getting there. I actually slept through the night without coughing. So that's a good thing. However I did get all stuffed up so had trouble breathing. Can't win. :P

What are you cake issues?
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:15 AM
    Yesterday I was about 85% today I'm probably around 92% maybe a touch more. So I'm getting there. I actually slept through the night without coughing. So that's a good thing. However I did get all stuffed up so had trouble breathing. Can't win. :P
    Good to hear. Eat a lot of fruits, the antioxidants can help fight infections!

What are you cake issues?
    At the moment I don't have any. I was eating cake for the last two days constantly, now it's good it's gone. Gotta watch my weight...
    LMZR likes this.
    03-19-2014 03:43 AM
    I just noticed....my house is surrounded with fast food places :O house of donuts, subway, herfy, kfc, dunkin' donuts, hardee's, pizza hut, dominoes, McDonalds, cone zone, Baskin Robbins, taco bell and some other mid eastern restaurants.... x_x
    Sounds more American than Saudi Arabian in terms of the neighbourhood joints that you have....
    N_LaRUE, hope4wp, LMZR and 2 others like this.
    03-19-2014 03:44 AM
    Good to hear. Eat a lot of fruits, the antioxidants can help fight infections!

At the moment I don't have any. I was eating cake for the last two days constantly, now it's good it's gone. Gotta watch my weight...
    Speaking of cakes, I tend to eat a bit too much when I travel. The chocolate fondant last night was pretty amazing, so was the salad and the main course:-)
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-19-2014 03:46 AM
    I get to joust with the Europeans on the same time zone, back to normal next week though.
    03-19-2014 03:46 AM
    When I first moved into my current place around two years ago, I was able to pick up any size pizza from Dominoes for 6.99. It then went to 7.99 and recently it just jumped to 11.99. Needless to say Dominoes lost a customer. I'll just make my own from now on.
    I prefer Papa John's and retailmenot.com ensures I do not overpay for Pizza. Our family favorite is a Large Thin Crust Garden Veggie with lots of olives for the little one. Usually I end up paying between $8 and $11 depending on the special for the week.
    03-19-2014 03:52 AM
    I'm unsure what food is like in KSA... (aside from the US fast food). What are some dishes?
    There's kabsa which is rice with roasted chicken and/or grilled chicken....there's a similar kind with mutton known as mandi.
    There's "foul(fool) tamees" ....which is beans and bread....
    mutabbaq basically pita bread with egg and spring onions inside or sweet cheese....
    shawarma is like taco, filled with pickles, chicken, spinach, french fries, mayo and ketchup....
    Al baik....the most famous fried chicken....it sells more than KFC here....because KFC is nothing when compared to it...but unfortunately it is localized to western Saudi Arabia....so we don't get it in my place and we end up eating KFC/ Al Tazaj(less oily)
    Hummus (i personally don't like it)
    Desserts over here are filled with honey and dry fruits....the best is kunafa which is phylo pastry filled with cheese and topped with sugar syrup and dry fruits...there are other desserts like basbousa, baklava, muhallabia, etc etc
    There's arabian coffee which is taken with dates....because we don't add sugar to the coffee....and dates add the sweetness...It's a long process to make it but nestle made it's instant arabian coffee so yay! But it has a very strong taste
    There's bread with za3'tar (za'atar), za3tar is a mixed condiment, like oregano, thyme, and some other herb....this is kind of a pizza....it's topped with cheese too
    We have holsten, red bull, barbican, Budweiser, pepsi, 7up, mirinda, etc etc all non alcoholic
    Chregu, N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and 1 others like this.
    03-19-2014 03:58 AM
    I hate Florida's natural grapefruit juice.....ugh 😒 my taste buds died
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-19-2014 04:03 AM
    Hummus has really become a thing here recently. Everybody is talking about it. I think it's okay, it's not something I would make a fuzz about though.

Still, your post made me hungry Nadia ;-)
    03-19-2014 04:03 AM
    I prefer Papa John's and retailmenot.com ensures I do not overpay for Pizza. Our family favorite is a Large Thin Crust Garden Veggie with lots of olives for the little one. Usually I end up paying between $8 and $11 depending on the special for the week.
    We have a Papa Johns but haven't bothered with it. We don't have pizza that often, mostly due to my wife being allergic to milk protein.
    03-19-2014 04:07 AM
    I hate Florida's natural grapefruit juice.....ugh my taste buds died
    I'll agree with that statement regarding grapefruit in general. Horrible tasting things.
    03-19-2014 04:08 AM
    There's kabsa which is rice with roasted chicken and/or grilled chicken....there's a similar kind with mutton known as mandi.
    mutabbaq basically pita bread with egg and spring onions inside or sweet cheese....
    shawarma is like taco, filled with pickles, chicken, spinach, french fries, mayo and ketchup....
    Al baik....the most famous fried chicken....it sells more than KFC here....because KFC is nothing when compared to it...but unfortunately it is localized to western Saudi Arabia....so we don't get it in my place and we end up eating KFC/ Al Tazaj(less oily)
    Desserts over here are filled with honey and dry fruits....the best is kunafa which is phylo pastry filled with cheese and topped with sugar syrup and dry fruits...there are other desserts like basbousa, baklava, muhallabia, etc etc
    There's arabian coffee which is taken with dates....because we don't add sugar to the coffee....and dates add the sweetness...It's a long process to make it but nestle made it's instant arabian coffee so yay! But it has a very strong taste
    There's bread with za3'tar (za'atar), za3tar is a mixed condiment, like oregano, thyme, and some other herb....this is kind of a pizza....it's topped with cheese too
    We have holsten, red bull, barbican, Budweiser, pepsi, 7up, mirinda, etc etc all non alcoholic
    I was able to look up some of the food on Google Images to see what it looked like. I do know some of it. There was some in Morroco that was the same. I have to admit to liking hummus, especially with some chili mixed in. However, I can't go overboard with it as chickpeas don't agree with me.

I'll have to find a restaurant one day. :)
    03-19-2014 04:13 AM
    Hummus has really become a thing here recently. Everybody is talking about it. I think it's okay, it's not something I would make a fuzz about though.

Still, your post made me hungry Nadia ;-)
    Fuss not fuzz. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    03-19-2014 04:14 AM
    I'll agree with that statement regarding grapefruit in general. Horrible tasting things.
    Grapefruit is good when the peel has been discarded. In the juice making process they just squeeze the grapefruit like an orange and that leads to bitter consequences:-)
    03-19-2014 04:16 AM
    Grapefruit is good when the peel has been discarded. In the juice making process they just squeeze the grapefruit like an orange and that leads to bitter consequences:-)
    I've never been able to enjoy grapefruit. I've always seen it as a type of torture. Why would someone eat something that taste that bitter?
    03-19-2014 04:18 AM
    Pretty much anything that is vegetarian on the list I have eaten, in the US and in the UAE. We love Za'atar, my kid likes it better than pizza:-) Baklava is another personal favorite of mine. Hummus, I like it when it is mixed with other ingredients like chilli, garlic, herbs etc. Grilled Haloumi cheese is another favorite of our family...
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-19-2014 04:18 AM
    Fuss not fuzz. :)
    The movie is called Hot Fuzz :-/

I was thinking of that I guess ;-)
    03-19-2014 04:19 AM
    I've never been able to enjoy grapefruit. I've always seen it as a type of torture. Why would someone eat something that taste that bitter?
    You need to try it without the peel, it is not that bad or bitter. And according to eastern medicine philosophy, bitter is good for you, cleanses the system.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-19-2014 04:19 AM
144,450 ... 18191820182118221823 ...