I was to little to use Symbian but I can only infer that Symbian was a very good os

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums
    It was good but could have been a lot better. Lot's of people bagged the N8 and other devices and kept saying things like they do about iOS these days. A bit long in the tooth. Looks old. etc.
    03-19-2014 12:55 PM
    If MS doesn't get support going for wearable tech they'll be left behind. I believe BT4.0 is a key step but having an open enough OS is the other. This is where MS has failed with it's OS. Way too locked down.
    I don't think the os is locked down but I don't use my phone as a computer:p so maybe that's why I don't have that complaint but I do believe msft had something to do with wearable tech

03-19-2014 12:57 PM
    Ops ..... I guess I forget to look over my spelling : p

You're spelling and grammar are never that great but at least make it proper in your signature. :P
    03-19-2014 12:57 PM
    I don't think the os is locked down but I don't use my phone as a computer:p so maybe that's why I don't have that complaint but I do believe msft had something to do with wearable tech

The OS is locked down, that's why we lack features in certain apps. The OS is too tight to allow those features. For example with Instagram, we can't get video support. That kind of thing. So yes, the OS is too tight and is locked down way too hard. It looks like WP8.1 will fix that though.
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-19-2014 12:58 PM
    It was good but could have been a lot better. Lot's of people bagged the N8 and other devices and kept saying things like they do about iOS these days. A bit long in the tooth. Looks old. etc.
    So in other words it died because it was stale :/?

03-19-2014 12:58 PM
    So in other words it died because it was stale :/?

No Elop killed it along with other developments by jumping on WP. Haven't you ever heard of the 'Burning Platform Memo'?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-19-2014 01:01 PM
    The OS is locked down, that's why we lack features in certain apps. The OS is too tight to allow those features. For example with Instagram, we can't get video support. That kind of thing. So yes, the OS is too tight and is locked down way too hard. It looks like WP8.1 will fix that though.
    I read about that, I was surprised that it wasn't allowed to upload videos. I don't use alot of apps for social networking so I didn't know
    About that. I wonder what else 8.1 will fix errr better yet improve on

03-19-2014 01:01 PM
    No Elop killed it along with other developments by jumping on WP. Haven't you ever heard of the 'Burning Platform Memo'?
    No i didn't. All I really knew was that Symbian was already in decline before elop killed it off

03-19-2014 01:02 PM
    I still have my Sony Ericsson w810:-) And since it is unlocked, I have used it in DK, FR, DE, PL, ZA, UAE:-)
    My brother had one of those I loved that phone so much!
    03-19-2014 01:10 PM
    No i didn't. All I really knew was that Symbian was already in decline before elop killed it off

There's no doubt Nokia fell asleep at the wheel and paid dearly for it.

There will always be debate on whether WP was the best move or not for Nokia. To some it was. However depending on whether or not your a business person, the fact Nokia handsets will no longer exist makes me think otherwise.
    sahib lopez and BIGPADDY like this.
    03-19-2014 01:15 PM
    There's no doubt Nokia fell asleep at the wheel and paid dearly for it.

There will always be debate on whether WP was the best move or not for Nokia. To some it was. However depending on whether or not your a business person, the fact Nokia handsets will no longer exist makes me think otherwise.
    either way nokia would of had a hard time keeping Symbian alive with the competition they have now
    03-19-2014 01:32 PM

I guess this is only half as fun if you don't understand it. ;-)

Edit: Did you notice that I only ever post German bands?

I guess I have to post some Swiss music at one point.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-19-2014 01:35 PM

I don't understand it ......what did I just watch :P
    03-19-2014 01:46 PM
    My brother had one of those I loved that phone so much!
    I have kept it because it has the picture of the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in it without a crowd and I got close enough to take a good picture. Need to get it off that phone and onto some place safer:-)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    03-19-2014 02:23 PM

Next up Rammstein:-)
    03-19-2014 02:23 PM
    I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.
    throws versus"throes"? Time for me to play the grammar/spelling police:-)
    03-19-2014 02:25 PM
    I did like my N8 when I had it. Took a really nice picture. The sad part was the lack of support for it. Symbian was in it's death throws at the time. Oh well.
    That's why I want to get one. Some of my favorite handsets ran Symbian - e63 and e71 came to mind. If I do pick it up (which looks like that will be tomorrow because coworkers want to go drinking later today), I would take that and my 8X when i go home to Jamaica to visit and use the N8 to take pictures and make calls down there. It is interesting some of the shared functionality between WP and Symbian - for instance you can use a Symbian device to recover a bad memory card corrupted in a WP model. Nokis seems to to very well and making these damn good but lack of support models - N8, N9, 808...
    03-19-2014 02:26 PM
    Next up Rammstein:-)
    It's not exactly my kind of music, although very entertaining. ;-)
    03-19-2014 02:32 PM
    o.o so this is how it feels when I don't have anything to say because I don't know any of these topics. I never used Symbian or I don't know what rammstein is ;P
    03-19-2014 02:37 PM
    ahh so rammstein is a band! ,...still wont understand it though
    03-19-2014 02:38 PM
    ahh so rammstein is a band! ,...still wont understand it though

Disclaimer: I don't support the views and opinions of Rammstein. This is a purely educational example.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-19-2014 02:40 PM
    This is the part where I jump in and say that for all the Symbian/Meego apologists (not you, Rue), people forget the market was changing. Nokia had gotten too big - like Moto & RIM before it, HTC & Sony Ercisson (popularity wise) and Apple & Samsung after it - they didn't respond to the touchscreen shift well and as such, had to cut bait with Symbian before a wave of cheap Android handsets eat them alive in the low end market. As much as I liked Symbian and WebOS they both had enough reasons why they needed to go - Symbian was the equivalent of Windows Mobile, and WebOS didn't get enough traction because of being placed on inferior hardware and even more inferior management. It takes a lot of things to happen for an OS to take off - that's what the folks at Jolla are finding out...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-19-2014 02:43 PM
    o.o so this is how it feels when I don't have anything to say because I don't know any of these topics. I never used Symbian or I don't know what rammstein is ;P
    Oh, you always have something to say, even when no one is saying anything, because you can always keep on posting....kinda like talking aloud to yourself:-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-19-2014 02:47 PM
    Oh, you always have something to say, even when no one is saying anything, because you can always keep on posting....kinda like talking aloud to yourself:-)
    thus my quote ! I think too much, but I never talk to myself in public ;)
    03-19-2014 02:51 PM

Disclaimer: I don't support the views and opinions of Rammstein. This is a purely educational example.
    " educational" he says :P but anyways what I get is that the American influence is everywhere so they say we all live in America or that they are poking fun of America by saying the moon landing was fake ;P
    Chregu likes this.
    03-19-2014 02:54 PM
145,292 ... 18241825182618271828 ...