Recently I watched The Monuments Men. I thought it was okay, even though it was very unagiated and had no real climax. But what I thought was really bad (I expected more of you Georg!) was the be portrayal of the nationalities:

The Germans: All of them are evil and bad. All of them. No exception.
    The French: They are pretty much either stupid, funny side-kicks or they are helpless. And of course they want sex.
    The Americans: The heroes, they only want the best for everybody. They are selfless and upright.

I should start my experiment now.
    03-20-2014 02:10 AM
    Recently I watched The Monuments Men. I thought it was okay, even though it was very unagiated and had no real climax. But what I thought was really bad (I expected more of you Georg!) was the be portrayal of the nationalities:

The Germans: All of them are evil and bad. All of them. No exception.
    The French: They are pretty much either stupid, funny side-kicks or they are helpless. And of course they want sex.
    The Americans: The heroes, they only want the best for everybody. They are selfless and upright.

I should start my experiment now.

Sounds like a typical American war movie then.

They did say it wasn't very well done.
    03-20-2014 02:15 AM
    Sounds like a typical American war movie then.

They did say it wasn't very well done.
    I just realized I forgot the Russians. They have no character traits, they are just invading. They however want the art to give it to their people because of their stupid system. Basically they were only in the movie to make it more thrilling, but as they never really encounter anybody, they are just driving around. Nonetheless, the Americans of course make fun of them in the end.

What I liked about the movies were the set pieces though and the the general story, as well as the actors. It could have been good I guess.
    03-20-2014 02:23 AM
    I just realized I forgot the Russians. They have no character traits, they are just invading. They however want the art to give it to their people because of their stupid system. Basically they were only in the movie to make it more thrilling, but as they never really encounter anybody, they are just driving around. Nonetheless, the Americans of course make fun of them in the end.

What I liked about the movies were the set pieces though and the the general story, as well as the actors. It could have been good I guess.
    So the movie was really a 'spoof'. A comedy of sorts. Purposely using stereotypes by the sounds of it. So in all reality it's possibly more cleaver than what people give it credit for.
    03-20-2014 03:17 AM
    throws versus"throes"? Time for me to play the grammar/spelling police:-)
    Sigh, nobody is perfect. :P
    03-20-2014 03:22 AM
    So the movie was really a 'spoof'. A comedy of sorts. Purposely using stereotypes by the sounds of it. So in all reality it's possibly more cleaver than what people give it credit for.
    The movie doesn't know what it wants to be. Or I guess it wanted to be a serious comedy, but instead of serious it was blunt and instead of comedy it was dull. It just didn't add up. At times it felt like a documentation, but with Hollywood stars that tried to be funny and at the same time tragic.

I liked the set pieces though, they were great and probably made for most of my enjoyment of the movie.
    03-20-2014 03:31 AM
    I started my experiment now. The parameters are not perfect but I can't change it now. Let's see how it goes.
    03-20-2014 03:32 AM
    I started my experiment now. The parameters are not perfect but I can't change it now. Let's see how it goes.
    Titrate away the nitrates:-)
    03-20-2014 03:56 AM
    Not happy with my photo shoot :(
    03-20-2014 04:47 AM
    Not happy with my photo shoot :(
    Why? What happened?
    03-20-2014 04:49 AM
    I found a very funny (but offensive so i won't post any links) website full of maps of particular continents with countries giving "opinions" on them, some made me cry with laughter, but again. I won't really go too deep into it. :)
    03-20-2014 04:51 AM
    Titrate away the nitrates:-)
    Actually I titrate something else. Or the Isothermal titration calorimetry device is doing it for me ;-)
    03-20-2014 04:55 AM
    Why? What happened?
    I look fat it's been a bad day since i woke up :(
    03-20-2014 05:00 AM
    I look fat it's been a bad day since i woke up :(
    I see this is an issue everywhere in the world these days. :/

What were you modelling?
    03-20-2014 05:09 AM
    I found a very funny (but offensive so i won't post any links) website full of maps of particular continents with countries giving "opinions" on them, some made me cry with laughter, but again. I won't really go too deep into it. :)
    I think I may have seen that one or similar.
    LMZR likes this.
    03-20-2014 05:10 AM
    A car went boom outside my window and till i came back to the bed....my cereals became soggy
    03-20-2014 05:13 AM
    I see this is an issue everywhere in the world these days. :/

What were you modelling?
    Uhh lol my college asked me to do a photoshoot of my classmates and the college and stuff....how it's been and why and how it came to existence....so I tried taking my pics first with the help of a well known friend who is a photographer...it sucked :|
    03-20-2014 05:18 AM
    Uhh lol my college asked me to do a photoshoot of my classmates and the college and stuff....how it's been and why and how it came to existence....so I tried taking my pics first with the help of a well known friend who is a photographer...it sucked :|
    Ah. I don't like pictures of myself. I never have. Even when I was younger. I just don't feel photogenic at all. I would like to add a photo to my LinkedIn profile but haven't found a picture I like. I probably never will. :P
    03-20-2014 05:22 AM
    Ah. I don't like pictures of myself. I never have. Even when I was younger. I just don't feel photogenic at all. I would like to add a photo to my LinkedIn profile but haven't found a picture I like. I probably never will. :P
    I didn't like pictures taken of me for a long time. Nowadays I don't mind it.

As a side note: My experiment is ****ed up. Not because of the parameters but probably because of the previous user of the machine.

Well, we can't always win, at least now I know what I'll do tomorrow.
    03-20-2014 05:24 AM
    I don't mind it, but i have to see the photo, and if i am dissatisfied, i'll delete ask him/her to delete it.
    03-20-2014 05:27 AM
    As a side note: My experiment is ****ed up. Not because of the parameters but probably because of the previous user of the machine.

Well, we can't always win, at least now I know what I'll do tomorrow.
    You need to find the previous user and let them know, in a nice way, they ****ed up your experiment. :P
    03-20-2014 05:27 AM
    I don't mind it, but i have to see the photo, and if i am dissatisfied, i'll delete ask him/her to delete it.
    Best way to put it, I just never felt that 'confident' in my appearance to mind photos of me.
    03-20-2014 05:28 AM
    You need to find the previous user and let them know, in a nice way, they ****ed up your experiment. :P
    I was talking to the head of the biophysics facility. The experiment was performed under him and he apologized multiple times. He's a very nice and helpful guy, so I think it makes no sense in endangering my health by becoming angry. My blood pressure is on the high side anyway ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-20-2014 05:30 AM
    That so happens with me :|
    03-20-2014 05:32 AM
    That so happens with me :|
    Women tend to be very critical of themselves, even when it's not warranted. Men are not supposed to care. :P I guess I'm not the typical guy. :P
    03-20-2014 05:38 AM
144,476 ... 18281829183018311832 ...