I thought you all can pay and I will eat and drink! :P
    I am a graduate student now, I don't have any money. More money than graduate students in most countries, I'm sitting quite comfortable here in Switzerland, but still, not much money ;-)

It would probably enough to catch an EasyJet to London, sleep in a cheap hostel and buy a lot of cake and ice cream though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2013 05:25 PM
    I am a graduate student now, I don't have any money. More money than graduate students in most countries, I'm sitting quite comfortable here in Switzerland, but still, not much money ;-)

It would probably enough to catch an EasyJet to London, sleep in a cheap hostel and buy a lot of cake and ice cream though.
    You have the money to be a graduate student :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2013 05:27 PM
    You have the money to be a graduate student :P
    I don't need money for that, I get payed for doing it ;-)
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-29-2013 05:27 PM
    Tell me about it. I need a PhD and a DSW to read the road map that is used to navigate the world of BP.
    But on BP's map, all roads lead to cake, not Rome
    BIGPADDY and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-29-2013 05:41 PM
    I don't need money for that, I get payed for doing it ;-)
    Can I be a graduate student?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2013 05:48 PM
    But on BP's map, all roads lead to cake, not Rome
    Cake was built in a day!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2013 05:48 PM
    Cake was built in a day!
    If you ate a cake the size of Rome in a day we would roll you into the Atlantic and sail on you during great times of flood...
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 08-30-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    08-29-2013 06:28 PM
    Wow, I actually thought this was the ban thread because of the mention of cake through BIGPADDY, god, I actually said "Banned, because" in my head! I'm spending too much time banning......

Sent from my GDR2'd Lumia 822
    Laura Knotek, BIGPADDY and Muessig like this.
    08-29-2013 07:32 PM
    Orientation was long, but good today. It felt weird riding the campus bus today (it is move in weekend) with a sea of freshmen. I can see why some parents cringe with all that undergrad hormones let loose unsupervised.

Still, I'm glad to have the weekend off before my MSW classes start for real on Tuesday.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2013 07:53 PM
    So, I started running in the mornings.

I hate running.
    Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    08-29-2013 09:41 PM

I hate running.
    I hate running outside, but I do like running on a treadmill (probably because I can watch TV while running on the treadmill). My gym has a big screen TV directly in front of the treadmills.
    gedzum likes this.
    08-30-2013 12:31 AM
    I want some Red Velvet Cupcakes
    08-30-2013 12:43 AM
    I want some Red Velvet Cupcakes
    Walmart in my neighbourhood sells them.
    08-30-2013 12:45 AM
    Walmart in my neighbourhood sells them.
    Here it's a 2 1/2 hr trip to the place I know..xD terrible
    08-30-2013 12:51 AM
    Here it's a 2 1/2 hr trip to the place I know..xD terrible
    Hopefully some stores that are closer will start selling them.
    Jeric820PH likes this.
    08-30-2013 01:15 AM
    Can I be a graduate student?
    In Switzerland you will need a master degree from a recognized university and then you can apply for a position. I'd recommend natural sciences, as there the payment is the best. In social sciences or linguistics and such you likely need a job next to it.
    Last edited by Chregu; 08-30-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    08-30-2013 01:46 AM

I hate running.
    Personally I run whenever I can make the time. But running in the morning feels always much harder than in the evenings. If your schedule and the temperatures allow it, try running in the evenings, maybe it makes the beginning easier.

I'm so much into running, I don't even think about whether I feel like doing it, I just go.
    08-30-2013 01:49 AM
    OH OH OH i wana share something . I just found out that chicks actually dig the magenta nokia purity over the ear head phone. for this first week in college I would wear my headphones while waiting for class and some would give a quick glance others ask me what are they and how much they were. in total I had around 10 ask me and also some guys would ask me sure they would argue saying they are not good as beat but I tell then that they are from the same company that makes beats. all in all peeps like how the purity headphones look like
    Chregu, Muessig and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-30-2013 01:50 AM
    I hate running outside, but I do like running on a treadmill (probably because I can watch TV while running on the treadmill). My gym has a big screen TV directly in front of the treadmills.
    But then you will never be chased by dogs... or frighten old folks almost to death when you pass them, because they just can't here you shouting warnings ;-)

Personally I love to run in nature and experience the change of seasons and weather, I run in every weather through the entire year and its beautiful :)
    Laura Knotek and mpt15 like this.
    08-30-2013 01:54 AM
    But then you will never be chased by dogs... or frighten old folks almost to death when you pass them, because they just can't here you shouting warnings ;-)

Personally I love to run in nature and experience the change of seasons and weather, I run in every weather through the entire year and its beautiful :)
    I do like being outdoors, just not when I'm working out. It also helps that I'm at a gym, since I like to do my strength training after I finish my cardio. The cardio is a good warmup for the strength training.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-30-2013 02:02 AM
    I do like being outdoors, just not when I'm working out. It also helps that I'm at a gym, since I like to do my strength training after I finish my cardio. The cardio is a good warmup for the strength training.
    I'm too lazy for going to the gym. The great thing about running is the low inhibition threshold. All the motivation I need is more or less putting on shoes and leave through the door, then I'm already at it. :)

Today I have to look after my little niece for a while. People are really utilizing my holidays ;-)
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2013 02:07 AM
    Damnit I'm way too early for the train this morning. :P What happened? I thought I was running on time.
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2013 02:12 AM
    I'm too lazy for going to the gym. The great thing about running is the low inhibition threshold. All the motivation I need is more or less putting on shoes and leave through the door, then I'm already at it. :)

Today I have to look after my little niece for a while. People are really utilizing my holidays ;-)
    It's funny because I love going to the gym or playing team sports, but you'd have to light a firecracker under my backside to make me run otherwise.

That's cool you're babysitting your niece. How old is she?
    N_LaRUE and Muessig like this.
    08-30-2013 02:13 AM
    I could never motivate myself to go running. I've never been able to do it. Physically or mentally. I have a co-worker who runs marathons though. Does tthat count?
    Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    08-30-2013 02:16 AM
    It's funny because I love going to the gym or playing team sports, but you'd have to light a firecracker under my backside to make me run otherwise.

That's cool you're babysitting your niece. How old is she?
    Maybe that has historical reasons, i was always the fat, slow kid. Not that the other kids were mean to me, but I never got into team sports because of that. I like about running that it is a solitary sport and I can be all by myself and really work stuff out.

She's 4 now :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2013 02:16 AM
145,745 ... 182183184185186 ...