WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now that's a great picture! Portsmouth, UK right? I've never seen that before.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My point was that a lot of people who used to own Nokia phones prior to the switching to WP were pretty sure that Elop was in bed with MS, which is why they chose WP over Android or sticking to Meego. That was my initial point. It is true that it's all speculation.

It will certainly be interesting who will take Ballmer's seat. I don't really see why it should be Elop though. But what do I know :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now that's a great picture! Portsmouth, UK right? I've never seen that before.

Yes it's in the UK, south west of London about 2 hours away. The South West train lines had a sale on for ?15 return to any destination on their line so we went there. :) The sale is still on this weekend so we're planning to go back and take the ferry over to the Isle of Wight.

That's their viewing deck thing they have there. I though that was the most prominent thing they show when they talk about Portsmouth. I was just surprised by how nice it was.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really like Great Britain. And because I can't go there this year, I'll get some tea now.

I got a coffee in remembrance that coffee used to be the most popular drink in the UK. It's probably more like Red Bull or something like that these days.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I got a coffee in remembrance that coffee used to be the most popular drink in the UK. It's probably more like Red Bull or something like that these days.

Red Bull always remembers me how lucky I am to be able to choose what I consume. It tastes disgustingly, it's basically just a by-product of decaf mixed with sugar sold for a ridiculous price. It's a health killer and I see children drinking this stuff like water.

Coffee is great. I don't drink a lot of it anymore for several reasons, one of them a too high blood pressure that runs in my family, but coffee tastes great and is actually quite healthy (except for the blood pressure thing which isn't a problem if you don't have the problem).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I correct my post above: Coffee is great if it is good coffee ;-)

What kind of coffee do you drink? I've heard that drinking coffee that is made through a espresso machine is better than drip filter or other methods because the caffeine is actually less. Not too mention that the espresso shot keeps all the good parts of the coffee, meaning the oils and antioxidants that typically get filtered out when using the filter method. I also believe that some science has indicated 2-3 cups of coffee a day is fine for most people.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Apparently tea reduces blood pressure. Tea does have caffeine in it but it also has tryptophan in it too. So that maybe why it's better.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What kind of coffee do you drink? I've heard that drinking coffee that is made through a espresso machine is better than drip filter or other methods because the caffeine is actually less. Not too mention that the espresso shot keeps all the good parts of the coffee, meaning the oils and antioxidants that typically get filtered out when using the filter method. I also believe that some science has indicated 2-3 cups of coffee a day is fine for most people.

Until recently I was drinking a lot of coffee at various places. Not counting cafes, I liked the one at home the most, made by a Jura coffee machine. The one from the machines in the lab was quite disgusting but it provided me with caffeine ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Until recently I was drinking a lot of coffee at various places. Not counting cafes, I liked the one at home the most, made by a Jura coffee machine. The one from the machines in the lab was quite disgusting but it provided me with caffeine ;-)

This is my current coffee machine: ICONA ECO 310.W - Espresso - Coffee Makers - De'Longhi United Kingdom

This is the one I still have in Australia which I hope to ship here one day: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Coffee-a...ines/EM6910-Cafe-Series-Espresso-Machine.aspx

I really miss my Australian machine, the one we have currently is slightly disappointing.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Is it a good sign when you apply for a job and they call you back within 2 hours? Also - what's the consensus on how far is the maximum commute in a car?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is it a good sign when you apply for a job and they call you back within 2 hours? Also - what's the consensus on how far is the maximum commute in a car?

I'd say that's a very good sign. Max commute to me is 1 hour but that's just me, some people are happy with longer commutes.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

BP, I had this issue as well before. What you need to do when you type "im" is in the word selections, scroll over to "I'm". It should autocorrect from now on. At least it does for me now.

I did that it works for while then goes back to in after a while, my device must know what best for me. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon