WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I am beginning to think this thread is not for us who pop in and out occasionally. :(

At least I get to contribute to the post count. ��

You're more than welcome to pop in and out as much as you want. We're just babbling about. I was off for four days and barely contributed.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Next things you won't believe is that we're hurtling through space and the world spins and we're not the center of the universe!

In a 3D coordinate system, the center of the space is where you define it. As I define the middle of the earth as center, everything around it is in motion, not earth itself. So we are indeed in the center of the universe!

At least that's my idea of it ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Was worried for a second that no one would get the Terry Pratchet reference. Glad it didn't go unnoticed. My perception was that it wasn't standing on anything and was swimming through space.

It sort of like when I say a HHGTG reference. I often wonder how many people actually know it from the books or just from cultural reference.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It all depends on your sense of humour but I did find almost all of his books incredibly funny.

I have a good sense of humor. I love a good spoof. I enjoyed HHGTG and others that had a sense of humor to them. I've always liked when I've read more serious books and they pop out a joke in it. Makes for a better reading experience.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

In a 3D coordinate system, the center of the space is where you define it. As I define the middle of the earth as center, everything around it is in motion, not earth itself. So we are indeed in the center of the universe!

At least that's my idea of it ;-)

The trouble is space isn't a 3D coordinate system. Its 4D because vastness adds in time and expansion. The centre of the universe cant actually be defined.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have read a few of them, some were really great.

I'll have to see about reading them then. I've been reading a lot of non fiction lately. Maybe that might explain my mood some days. LOL! Maybe I need a good laugh.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The trouble is space isn't a 3D coordinate system. Its 4D because vastness adds in time and expansion. The centre of the universe cant actually be defined.

I don't believe in this 4D-thing. Even an expanding space is still a space which can be defined in 3D, also the expansion process itself can be defined in 3D. The 4D aspect is just entropy. So I stand with my decision to define earth as the center of the universe! :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's a concept I've always had difficulty with. The idea that everything in all directions is actually moving away from us and each other. Messes with my mind all the time. Stil, we sit on one of the tip of one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy which is going to collide with the Andromeda galaxy some 200 million years from now or something like that.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's a concept I've always had difficulty with. The idea that everything in all directions is actually moving away from us and each other. Messes with my mind all the time. Stil, we sit on one of the tip of one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy which is going to collide with the Andromeda galaxy some 200 million years from now or something like that.

Clash of the Galaxies!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss