WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I never said 4GB of RAM.

But devices in this day of age need, if their screens or 4.8 inches or bigger, a 1080p screen. Now for any size WP8.1 device that is HIGH END, it needs at least 2GB RAM (plenty enough), an excellent camera, fast processor, and a good amount of storage.

either that os is very inefficient or just to brag....... and why with the specs ..since when is 1gb not enough ......what can be used that needs that much ram....gamming ? that game must be badly coded to need that much ram ....if it was a computer i can understand but not on a phone

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't the 810/82x series have microSD? Use that. And in WP8.1, microSD can store your apps, music, etc. SD card management is much better in WP8.1.
for all i know they can change their mind.....nothing is set in stone until msft says it in their build i don't believe it and take it as a grain of salt

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

either that os is very inefficient or just to brag....... and why with the specs ..since when is 1gb not enough ......what can be used that needs that much ram....gamming ? that game must be badly coded to need that much ram ....if it was a computer i can understand but not on a phone

I'm not a big gamer so 1GB is okay, 2GB would be super nice.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Why would I get a phone with worse specs than a phone with better specs and the same OS? I prefer to have high end and excellent performing phones.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't "need" it, but it makes it a LOT better. And I'm sure it will help a lot in WP8.1 too.

how can it make it better if it runs nice on a single core o.o...i played with my fathers htc arrive on 7.8 and i could live with it ....its just the mentality of saying more is better when in reality its not cracked up to be

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

for all i know they can change their mind.....nothing is set in stone until msft says it in their build i don't believe it and take it as a grain of salt

The screenshots have been leaked, and when WPCentral confirms it, it has a 95% chance of it happening. :smile:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Why would I get a phone with worse specs than a phone with better specs and the same OS? I prefer to have high end and excellent performing phones.

wasn't pointing at you i have a feeling you are part of the crowed of more is better ;) but i was saying in general how a cellphone needs more horse power to run its self when i computer with a single core 2gb of ram run windows 8.1 ?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

how can it make it better if it runs nice on a single core o.o...i played with my fathers htc arrive on 7.8 and i could live with it ....its just the mentality of saying more is better when in reality its not cracked up to be

Because WP7 didn't really need all that power, it didn't have a lot on it, which is why it only needed single core.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

wasn't pointing at you i have a feeling you are part of the crowed of more is better ;) but i was saying in general how a cellphone needs more horse power to run its self when i computer with a single core 2gb of ram run windows 8.1 ?

There is a difference between "running" something and running something with efficiency and performance.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

same with windows phone 8...... it doesn't need that much power to run it

I'm tired of arguing. You win. Having meh hardware is better than having excellent hardware. No one needs new technology. Why pay a little more with a phone with future-proof hardware than get a phone that runs fine now, but ran excellent in the past?

We aren't as spec hungry as Android users, but as much as you guys want to say, the higher the specs (that make sense), the better. 2GB of RAM is better than 1GB. 1080p is better than 720p or 480p. A 20MP camera (that is actually an improvement, not just higher MPs) is better than an 8MP camera. Quad core is better than dual core. A bigger battery is better than a smaller battery. Having an IR blaster is better than not having one. I can keep going...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077