WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Better than Australia, I have no idea when it will come down here.

The update has been in the 'Waiting for approval' stage for weeks now. I have an EE phone but even the unlocked are in 'Waiting for approval'. The only one released so far is O2. Goes to show who controls what.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

This afternoon I have to go to my old lab and get something, then I'll bring it to the university, and then I'll drink a coffee with a friend there.

The problem of this plan is, that my old boss needs to confirm me something first and I had the same plan yesterday. Two days ago I wrote him an email that I want to get it yesterday, and when I got there he told me: "Well, I didn't have time to do it...", he promised to do it for today, but I'm not sure if it will be done.

We will see.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This afternoon I have to go to my old lab and get something, then I'll bring it to the university, and then I'll drink a coffee with a friend there.

The problem of this plan is, that my old boss needs to confirm me something first and I had the same plan yesterday. Two days ago I wrote him an email that I want to get it yesterday, and when I got there he told me: "Well, I didn't have time to do it...", he promised to do it for today, but I'm not sure if it will be done.

We will see.

Hopefully you can get that done today. The coffee drinking is the most important part, especially with friends. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some of their Android phones are interesting (Xperia Play, Xperia Z, Z Ultra)

I wouldn't get one, but i've seen them in use and they're alright.

Funny enough, at this point whenever i use Android, i like either the Nexus or Sony experiences. i'd buy a Xperia Z anytime, but may settle for a cheap Nexus 4. it still won't get hardcore use like my 810+8X...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Funny enough, at this point whenever i use Android, i like either the Nexus or Sony experiences. i'd buy a Xperia Z anytime, but may settle for a cheap Nexus 4. it still won't get hardcore use like my 810+8X...

A lot of people bag Android here. I have no complaints against any platform really. It all comes down to what works for you. I own an Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Works perfectly for my needs. Currently I own a Lumia 920. I like the phone in general but it doesn't 100% suit my needs. So I'm waiting until WP8.1 to see what happens. I may change to Android.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully you can get that done today. The coffee drinking is the most important part, especially with friends. :)

I just arrived at the lab, and guess who isn't here and nobody knows where he is? My former boss of course...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...headed into work today, so I'm checking in from the bus ride portion of my commute.

I'll never buy a desktop again. I rock a barebone kit I built myself at home these days that is still kick ***. I just need to clean up my hard drive and probably move up to 8GB RAM. I do like Asus, Lenovo and Acer in that order for Windows stuff. I still have a EEPC netbook from Asus. The battery is now crap, but it still runs XP pretty well.

I wanted to get a Vivo Smart Tab but I may pound away a little longer on my TouchPad until the Haswell chips end up in the full Windows 8.1 tablets.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A lot of people bag Android here. I have no complaints against any platform really. It all comes down to what works for you. I own an Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Works perfectly for my needs. Currently I own a Lumia 920. I like the phone in general but it doesn't 100% suit my needs. So I'm waiting until WP8.1 to see what happens. I may change to Android.

I've never ragged on Android. In fact, I like WP, Android, BB10 and iOS in that order. If HP hadn't ****ed up WebOS as much as Palm did, I'd be using that. The only reason why I dropped Android as my primary device is that the battery life is still horrid for my usage and I don't like the need to be connected online constantly. In terms of full bang for buck, I can get a new Nexus 7 16GB and a Nexus 4 16GB for the same price as an t-mo branded Lumia 925. That's deep, at least to me.

Still, WP is the best fit for me and eventually I may convert all my stuff to Windows 8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was never into colors for mobile devices until funny enough the iPhone 3G came out in white. I really like the look of the grey employee edition of the Verizon 8X...grey with lime green accents. So since my 8X needs a new screen, I'll swap the housing out to get that look. Currently, I use the emerald accent on my 810 and the crimson accent on my 8X. I rock the dark themes as that white background is too bright for me. Wish MSFT would allow us to write new emails on a black background too, but I'm nitpicking here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sitting across from a cute girl on the train ride. She's very tanned...maybe a bit too tanned in the face for my taste. I like a good tan on a woman, but the sunburn isn't as cute as some people make it out to be.

Still deciding what trouble I want to get into with the ex when I see her Friday. Should I be nervous for orientation for school tomorrow? I haven't been in the academic setting in a few years, save for that intensive graduate course I took last summer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Also something I'd like.

this is why I like AMOLED screens. I loved the black themed ROMs on my Galaxy Nexus. That's why if anyone has ever used Simple Calendar, I would love for MSFT to give us the option to do a clear theme for the start screen similar to the Frodo and Grob options in Simple Calendar. Even on the IPS screens like the 8X, such a minimalist look would still be so badass.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Sitting across from a cute girl on the train ride. She's very tanned...maybe a bit too tanned in the face for my taste. I like a good tan on a woman, but the sunburn isn't as cute as some people make it out to be.

^Ah that's something I'm looking forward to again when I get back to my routine uni commute in September. Appreciating the beauty of the world :wink:

Any one think how weird it is seeing all the people you come across but will most likely never see again?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm headed into the tunnel. Rocking out to Nas and K'naan on the commute while stealing a few looks at that tanned but still cute girl across the aisle. Will catch up on the thread during lunch...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss