Four days is nothing, I get a FIVE day weekend! Muahahaha!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2014 07:58 AM
    Broken screens on cellphone are ugly. They would of thought after dropping a phone they would learned to put a case on it.
    I dropped my Lumia 800 and the screen was shattered. I still would never use a case. Maybe on a iPhone 5, as they are so small anyway and get ugly pretty fast.
    04-16-2014 07:58 AM
    You. GTFO. LOL

β€’Sent from space using Tapatalk.β€’
    You do realise that over here in the UK that most people start out with 4 weeks vacation right? That's no including any public (what we call Bank) holidays.
    04-16-2014 08:17 AM
    Damn, now I'm tired. I was hoping to put off my second coffee until a bit later but looks like I'll need it sooner. :/

I have a couple of free USB sticks if anyone is interested. :P
    04-16-2014 08:24 AM
    Haha. Rub it in nice and deep. I get no holidays except Christmas and thanksgiving. No holiday pay. No overtime (I'm salary)....
    That's one of the reasons why I'll never go to the US for a postdoc. It might be necessary or at least very, very helpful for a scientific career, but I don't think that's worth it...
    N_LaRUE and Septembersrain like this.
    04-16-2014 08:31 AM
    That's one of the reasons why I'll never go to the US for a postdoc. It might be necessary or at least very, very helpful for a scientific career, but I don't think that's worth it...
    There's some good science still being done in the US but I think most of it's starting to shift out. You're better off coming here. :)
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-16-2014 08:39 AM
    There's some good science still being done in the US but I think most of it's starting to shift out. You're better off coming here. :)
    Noooo we need more smarter people in the US 😈
    04-16-2014 08:46 AM
    That's something I'd like :)

My phone does strange things with favorite pictures. There are some set without me setting them, and they can't be removed, it just ignores it if I try.
    04-16-2014 08:48 AM
    Noooo we need more smarter people in the US 
    Fortunately, I'm not that smart.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:48 AM
    Working in a cellphone place, this is something I see way too often. They even have the gall to make me cut up my fingers to troubleshoot what is wrong. "My phone won't make calls!" Lady... With a screen that effed up, I'm surprised it's even still ON!

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    Screen protectors are great friends in situations like that. I traded an iPod touch once for a G. Nexus - the guy at the time just bought a N4 and wanted an iPod. That thing had three of the biggest cracks ever, so bad that if you jostled it too hard, it would shatter. I threw a screen protector on, and it lasted another 6 months worth of use (used it at home as a tablet).

Moral of the story, don't be a cheapass when you buy an expensive smartphone not to put a screen protector on it when cracks start to surface.
    04-16-2014 08:50 AM
    Fortunately, I'm not that smart.
    you have to be smart or have the determination to work on a PHD 😈
    04-16-2014 08:50 AM
    Damn, now I'm tired. I was hoping to put off my second coffee until a bit later but looks like I'll need it sooner. :/

I have a couple of free USB sticks if anyone is interested. :P
    What size? I need something to back up my T100 on.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:51 AM
    you have to be smart or have the determination to work on a PHD 
    I just got an email from a colleague about the crystallization screen. But I'm in holidays. But I'm also sick. So I guess I could answer it...
    04-16-2014 08:52 AM
    I will take 2 USB sticks!
    04-16-2014 08:52 AM
    Noooo we need more smarter people in the US 😈
    We need better teachers and an improved public education system to nurture the smart people that are ALREADY here.
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-16-2014 08:53 AM
    I like how computer commercials are saying that MSFT it's using fear to upgrade its to Windows 8 . They said but this thing and keep windows XP πŸ’» forever 😱
    04-16-2014 08:55 AM
    We need better teachers and an improved public education system to nurture the smart people that are ALREADY here.
    Not at the rate they keep on cutting the schools budget:/
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:57 AM
    What size? I need something to back up my T100 on.
    One is 4GB the other is 1GB both have 'branding' on them. The vendors give them to me. I don't need them. :/
    04-16-2014 09:02 AM
    One is 4GB the other is 1GB both have 'branding' on them. The vendors give them to me. I don't need them. :/
    Dang I wish we had vendors her like that 😎
    04-16-2014 09:04 AM
    My carrier sucks, I mean really, it's crap. :P

I have no data again. Second time in two weeks. :/
    Time to switch to GiffGaff:-)
    04-16-2014 09:05 AM
    You're in the UK. Until recently your carriers could triple the prices and you could have done nothing about it, not even step back from the contract. Of course they are terrible.
    It was the same in USA until T-Mo started shaking things up :-)
    sahib lopez and Chregu like this.
    04-16-2014 09:06 AM
    I don't get a day off until Sunday. Who is getting a four day weekend?!? *Cries*

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    Not me :-(
    04-16-2014 09:08 AM
    Morning folks. So I put the 8.1 update on my 920. It looks ok. I've got mixed feelings. Sometimes I wonder what MSFT is doing. Makes me feel like they do a good job of laying groundwork but that's it.

What attracted me to WP was among other things, how fan the music player and multimedia was. The music app seems to be getting worse with each incarnation. I know we have to take lumps sometimes for progress, but it seems MSFT does a good job of handing out those lumps...
    And as you would say, that is why we have options :-) Time to fast using Nokia Mix Radio:-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:10 AM
    It was the same in USA until T-Mo started shaking things up :-)
    Now if only they can get a 810 successor πŸ˜‰
    04-16-2014 09:11 AM
    Working in a cellphone place, this is something I see way too often. They even have the gall to make me cut up my fingers to troubleshoot what is wrong. "My phone won't make calls!" Lady... With a screen that effed up, I'm surprised it's even still ON!

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    But without these morons how would I have ever learning to doc the Lumia 822s? :-P
    04-16-2014 09:12 AM
142,760 ... 21642165216621672168 ...