I'm trying so hard not to buy the accessories before I get the phone. LOL!

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    Don't let logic get in the way of shopping.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:14 PM
    Isn't poor also just a frame of mind? If you can get food in your stomach, even if you had to travel and suffer.. If it's more than what you had, you're not as "Poor" right?

I just think that people get one life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have all the time, work with what you have to enrich that life.

I'm sorry, I guess after struggling so hard to get where I am. I can't just let myself wallow. If you aren't happy, fight to change it. Even if you can't change it today, tomorrow is a new day...

Short version here...there is absolute and relative poverty. There are many people out there experiencing absolute poverty, where getting basic meals is challenging. Here in the US, it changes as you go up the social ladder where you see more relative poverty - where you lack less resources in comparison to your neighbors. So yes, the rich are relatively poor in comparison to their super rich neighbors.

I agree about working to enrich your life, but for folks facing absolute poverty, it is hard to think about that when you live from meal to meal.
    worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-16-2014 12:18 PM
    Isn't poor also just a frame of mind? If you can get food in your stomach, even if you had to travel and suffer.. If it's more than what you had, you're not as "Poor" right?

I just think that people get one life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have all the time, work with what you have to enrich that life.

I'm sorry, I guess after struggling so hard to get where I am. I can't just let myself wallow. If you aren't happy, fight to change it. Even if you can't change it today, tomorrow is a new day...

A positive attitude is a must, glass half full is always a better philosophy. I also think the Western culture focuses too much on the "wants" and too little on the "needs" and that creates a psychological chasm between haves and have nots...people get by with much less than what is the norm here in the USA....a few trips around the world, heck even to rural Mexico would open up people's eyes as to what we take for granted....sorry for the rant:-/
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-16-2014 12:19 PM
    13' Yaris. I'd originally looked at a 13' xD but I liked the two door option better. Plus it just felt better to drive. Less blind spots too. I like my cars simple. I'm not really wanting a direct injection engine. Especially not with ethanol in our gas. You'll burn up pistons.

The cars with the inside similar to a cockpit, it's a no for me. I need to focus on driving not button mashing.

Nice, I got to drive a white 13 four door Yaris on my trip to MN. I try to rent small cars when I am by myself on a business trip, even if it is not my money I do not like to waste it:-)
    04-16-2014 12:22 PM
    Dodge dart is too heavy. In the long run it'll eat more gas and put more wear on the engine. That car was one of the original ones id wanted because it was bringing back a classic. Mopar isn't what it used to be.

Dodge Dart is a rebadged Alfa Romeo with all the wrong badges!! Plus it is really tiny in the rear seat area - drove one last year when my car was in the shop.
    04-16-2014 12:24 PM
    A positive attitude is a must, glass half full is always a better philosophy. I also think the Western culture focuses too much on the "wants" and too little on the "needs" and that creates a psychological chasm between haves and have nots...people get by with much less than what is the norm here in the USA....a few trips around the world, heck even to rural Mexico would open up people's eyes as to what we take for granted....sorry for the rant:-/
    Agreed. Part of tthe issue is man a folk here confuse "wants" and "needs". When you do that, problems arise. When addressing that confusion never happens, ruts and crises set in.
    04-16-2014 12:25 PM
    I'm trying so hard not to buy the accessories before I get the phone. LOL!

You will get two cases and those darn clear screen protectors....I try to keep everyone happy:-)
    04-16-2014 12:25 PM
    Here is a PM I got from a fellow WPC member to whom I sold a Lumia 822 about 10 days back.

FYI, got the phone! I have been out of town and just got back in yesterday. Just now opened it up. Dude......... it's brand new. I don't know if you stole this off a dead mexican, it fell out of the sky of an office building into your lap, you work for microsoft, etc, but THANK YOU! It's in perfect shape. And, if you're mexican and you took offense, well, don't knife me. And if you are, then that second joke was horrible and I'm sure if we ever meet you WILL knife me. Regardless, seriously, great deal and thank you!
    04-16-2014 12:38 PM
    Omg it isn't letting me post...

I had that problem as well :)
    04-16-2014 12:39 PM
    so now that I know how many phones ac has :P
    04-16-2014 01:02 PM
    whoa it got all quiet now :P I wonder where boo is at
    04-16-2014 01:09 PM
    I am at my girlfriend's but she is calling her mother, so I am iPadding.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2014 01:32 PM
    It's that time of day when I don't say much. :/
    04-16-2014 01:46 PM
    Nice to hear some more input to the poverty/benefits talk.
    04-16-2014 01:47 PM
    Soon the weekend will be upon us... Well me anyway... :P
    Shinigami910 likes this.
    04-16-2014 01:48 PM
    Bordeaux!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2014 01:49 PM
    I hope you aren't getting any MSFTisMIA padding ideas:-P
    Chregu, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    I'm looking forward to Ghent. :) Something a little different to France for a change.
    Chregu likes this.
    BRB, trying to find a case as a freebie for a Lumia 822 I sold to someone in Sri Lanka a few minutes back:-)
    04-16-2014 01:50 PM
    You never pad though 😵 it's this the new snowflake ❄ with the iPad 😎
    04-16-2014 02:00 PM
    I killed it!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/ysezy7eg.jpg

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    What did you kill 😈?
    04-16-2014 02:00 PM
    It's that time of day when I don't say much. :/
    Yup I should tell Nadia if she wants to post here like crazy 😊
    04-16-2014 02:01 PM
    One more day till Thursday 😎
    04-16-2014 02:01 PM
    I hope you aren't getting any MSFTisMIA padding ideas:-P
    Because we all know how his padding is like 😉
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2014 02:02 PM
    BRB, trying to find a case as a freebie for a Lumia 822 I sold to someone in Sri Lanka a few minutes back:-)
    I would like to know why anyone will want the 822 over there ._.
    04-16-2014 02:03 PM
144,474 ... 21692170217121722173 ...