Morning. Last day of the work week for me. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    09-05-2013 02:40 AM
    WPcentral need to put a filter on the latest discussions tab for the next few days.

Whining nokia users creating threads every 5 minutes is really starting to get on my t1ts
    Yes I'm a little over the people whining. Wonder what would have happened if they dumped the Nokia name and Lumia brand at the same time. They'd probably have fits.
    09-05-2013 02:42 AM
    Morning. Last day of the work week for me. :)
    Good for you! I am also starting to appreciate weekends again.
    09-05-2013 02:43 AM
    Another Swiss Franc?
    Or another Japanese Yen? :P
    Chregu likes this.
    09-05-2013 02:45 AM
    Good Morning - another day another dollar, or pound, or euro.
    Another penny for me good sir
    09-05-2013 02:47 AM
    Another penny for me good sir
    I hope to see the end of pence and two cent pence one day. Can't stand them. Other countries have dropped them lets hope UK follows suit one day.
    09-05-2013 02:50 AM
    In other news we have nice weather.
    09-05-2013 02:51 AM
    I also tried to convince my wife to go to Lyon France but she mentioned we just got back from holidays and we're going to Canada soon. (December...) Oh well, can't please them all. :P
    09-05-2013 02:52 AM
    I hope to see the end of pence and two cent pence one day. Can't stand them. Other countries have dropped them lets hope UK follows suit one day.
    No if that happens no one would give to charity's!
    09-05-2013 02:52 AM
    I also tried to convince my wife to go to Lyon France but she mentioned we just got back from holidays and we're going to Canada soon. (December...) Oh well, can't please them all. :P
    Wont it be cold during that period?
    09-05-2013 02:53 AM
    Wont it be cold during that period?
    Yes we're heading to Canada to visit my family for Christmas. My least favourite time of the year.
    09-05-2013 02:54 AM
    I have nothing against cold weather or the snow. I actually like the way new fallen snow looks, it's pretty. I'm just not a fan of Christmas. I do have a great niece now so that might make it a bit more fun. All the other nieces and nephews are all grown up now.
    09-05-2013 02:57 AM
    Yes I'm a little over the people whining. Wonder what would have happened if they dumped the Nokia name and Lumia brand at the same time. They'd probably have fits.
    Trouble is a lot of people are so clueless they think that's exactly whats happened.
    09-05-2013 02:57 AM
    100% agree - whats the point of something being .99p might as well gust round it up that way getting rid of both 1p and 2p at the same time.
    09-05-2013 02:58 AM
    Trouble is a lot of people are so clueless they think that's exactly whats happened.
    Yes I know. However there is some truth. The deal only allows for the Nokia/Lumia name to be used for 10 years. I personally don't see that happening. I think the Nokia name will drop in 3-4 years and the Lumia name will either be before or after that.
    09-05-2013 02:59 AM
    in other news...

the scroll whell on my RAT 7 mouse and the forward arrow on my keyboard have both stopped working..
    09-05-2013 03:00 AM
    Not that I care personally about the Nokia or Lumia names.
    09-05-2013 03:00 AM
    in other news...

the scroll whell on my RAT 7 mouse and the forward arrow on my keyboard have both stopped working..
    That's sucks. I did the Windows 8 Refresh on my laptop last night. Found out that it keeps your personal files, however removes all your programs and apps. :/
    09-05-2013 03:01 AM
    That's sucks. I did the Windows 8 Refresh on my laptop last night. Found out that it keeps your personal files, however removes all your programs and apps. :/
    It does indeed - especially as I use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Its actually quite infuriating every time I hit one of the buttons it causes the scroll wheel to zoom either in or out, whats more annoying is its a 80 mouse.

Yeah refresh is quite good on windows 8 - the thing I like is it creates a list of all the apps and programmes you had installed to refer to. I had to do that on my PC the day after I built it and installed everything - found out the hard way that you cant treat a W8 install the same as W7. I installed all the drivers for motherboard and graphics card and installed loads of other software before doing the windows updates which then came up with loads of errors and wouldn't install. Found out that's not the way to do it on W8 - you have to let it get all the drivers for you and do all the updates first before installing anything else.
    09-05-2013 03:11 AM
    It does indeed - especially as I use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Its actually quite infuriating every time I hit one of the buttons it causes the scroll wheel to zoom either in or out, whats more annoying is its a 80 mouse.

Yeah refresh is quite good on windows 8 - the thing I like is it creates a list of all the apps and programmes you had installed to refer to. I had to do that on my PC the day after I built it and installed everything - found out the hard way that you cant treat a W8 install the same as W7. I installed all the drivers for motherboard and graphics card and installed loads of other software before doing the windows updates which then came up with loads of errors and wouldn't install. Found out that's not the way to do it on W8 - you have to let it get all the drivers for you and do all the updates first before installing anything else.
    I've run into an annoying bit. I have an HP Envy Laptop and I was having difficulty getting drivers with just W8 so I downloaded the HP Help Assistant to get the rest. It found two but two are still missing. Thing is I have no idea what they are. I'll have to investigate further. :/
    09-05-2013 03:33 AM
    I still need to reinstall all the software now. :(
    ok going to take a stab at being an analyst

"10K post mark to fall 24th October 2013"

With the popularity of the internet growing and the steadfast support of some windows phone users I foresee the 10K posts mark on the WPcentral forums 10K post challenge being broken around the 24th October.

With input from a hardy bunch of users they are averaging 600 posts a week, an astounding feat by any means many of them using the third place phone OS to make posts via an app. (windows phone has apps!! who knew??) They have quickly burned through the 1K and 5K challenges and the pace now seems unrelenting with a daily mish-mash of random conversations, tech talk and comedy from a bunch of users that obviously have nothing better to do.

Regular posters often make the Top posters list on the WPC website purely by adding single word posts like "Cake". While some may see this as shameless post boosting there is method to the madness here in the forum and no one can really argue that there is ever a poor excuse for cake. Post boosting also occurs in a lull during the day where one person will seemingly take the challenge by the horns and post multiple times with the most random comments purely to illicit a reaction or a few laughs from other forum members. Other post boosting occurs daily with the phrase "good morning" and appears multiple times from multiple users, it seems like one person copying another for sure but it does all add to the post count.

With the effort these guys are currently showing there doesn't seem to be a lot to stop them.
    That was funny and (sadly???) true. LOL!

If there was a Top Liked I think we'd all be there. :P
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    09-05-2013 03:36 AM
    Well just found out that something I've been working for over a month just got binned. Woot! That was fun. :/
    09-05-2013 03:59 AM
    I've just realised that I have no Green Day in my music collection. I'll have to rectify that.
    09-05-2013 04:03 AM
144,469 ... 216217218219220 ...