Morning everyone! :D today I've a wish 🌠 that i should see my ex once again and I should slap him so hard that he falls on the ground!! Or maybe kick him in the wrong place! Which would be so right!!
    Whats he done that you want to do that to him?
    04-25-2014 04:15 AM
    There's a few of those in the world. We're apparently on the edge of a pandemic. According to most experts it's just a matter of time.
    Aren't we always, weren't we always?

Of course, viruses can be spread more easily than ever before, which means more people can be affected, and the virus can evolve better due to the broader host range and selection. That means that there have to be people thinking about what to do if such a case will ever arrive. But as many of these experts earn their money with exactly this, of course they want us to have this in mind all the time and people who are afraid are more happy to spend money for their safety. (I think that's very similar to starting a war...)

Personally I don't worry about some super pandemic. And I'm working in an infection biology lab after all ;-)

Also, few viruses have a cure. What we usually do is get some painkillers and wait until our own immune system gets rid of it. Or we suppress the virus that it can't act anymore, like in HIV infections. That virus we carry forever, and it's the same for example for Herpes.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:17 AM
    There's a few of those in the world. We're apparently on the edge of a pandemic. According to most experts it's just a matter of time.
    Oh shh stop scare mongering :P lol
    Chregu likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:17 AM
    "the end is near"
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:22 AM
    Whats he done that you want to do that to him?
    aah nothing much! really! :P he didn't abuse me in any way....physically/verbally/mentally
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:24 AM
    Aren't we always, weren't we always?

Of course, viruses can be spread more easily than ever before, which means more people can be affected, and the virus can evolve better due to the broader host range and selection. That means that there have to be people thinking about what to do if such a case will ever arrive. But as many of these experts earn their money with exactly this, of course they want us to have this in mind all the time and people who are afraid are more happy to spend money for their safety. (I think that's very similar to starting a war...)

Personally I don't worry about some super pandemic. And I'm working in an infection biology lab after all ;-)

Also, few viruses have a cure. What we usually do is get some painkillers and wait until our own immune system gets rid of it. Or we suppress the virus that it can't act anymore, like in HIV infections. That virus we carry forever, and it's the same for example for Herpes.
    maybe you can make a cure and sell it to us Arabs....and we will give you lots of money and you'll be rich :D yayyy
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:26 AM
    Oh shh stop scare mongering :P lol
    I don't worry about it. I just note it as a possibility and live my life normally. :P

I just realise that the spread of any 'super virus' could happen fairly quickly these days due to our ability to travel fairly quickly. Keep in mind that last major one was less than a 100 years ago killing about 50 to 100 million people. Known as the Spanish Flu. The main issue with the flu types is that most people will think it that way, still go to work, travel, etc. That's the problem.
    hope4wp and Chregu like this.
    04-25-2014 04:29 AM
    "the end is near"
    Hardly, there are always those who are immune. Also depends what you mean by 'end'. Humans can disappear tomorrow. The planet and universe will keep going. We are just one point in time in the grand scheme of things.
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:31 AM
    Hardly, there are always those who are immune. Also depends what you mean by 'end'. Humans can disappear tomorrow. The planet and universe will keep going. We are just one point in time in the grand scheme of things.
    I always used to think as a kid what would happen to the universe after everyone is dead :/ and then I'd get confused and stop thinking
    04-25-2014 04:34 AM
    maybe you can make a cure and sell it to us Arabs....and we will give you lots of money and you'll be rich :D yayyy
    I don't work on viruses.

Many viruses include their genes into the DNA of their host. The only way to get rid of the virus then is to kill off the cell. Our body does that, killing infected cells. But it's not always that easy, and if too many cells get killed that's not healthy either. But this also makes it incredibly hard to cure such a virus infection.

Fiddling with human DNA (a cure had to be based on that) is very risky and can be much more harmful than the virus itself. And it easily leads to cancer. So I'm actually glad I don't have to find a solution for those problems ;-)
    04-25-2014 04:35 AM
    I always used to think as a kid what would happen to the universe after everyone is dead :/ and then I'd get confused and stop thinking
    Nothing. Nothing would happen. :)
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:35 AM
    The universe will continue on whatever journey it started. Current models show it being a heat death many billions of years in the future. Some people have issues thinking of things like that though.
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:37 AM
    I don't work on viruses.

Many viruses include their genes into the DNA of their host. The only way to get rid of the virus then is to kill off the cell. Our body does that, killing infected cells. But it's not always that easy, and if too many cells get killed that's not healthy either. But this also makes it incredibly hard to cure such a virus infection.

Fiddling with human DNA (a cure had to be based on that) is very risky and can be much more harmful than the virus itself. And it easily leads to cancer. So I'm actually glad I don't have to find a solution for those problems ;-)
    Cancer is no bueno :( when i was in high school my friends mother had leukemia and she died.. It was all sadness around the school.... We had our exams too then
    04-25-2014 04:43 AM
    The universe will continue on whatever journey it started. Current models show it being a heat death many billions of years in the future. Some people have issues thinking of things like that though.
    Global warming will kill us sooner than we thought in my opinion
    04-25-2014 04:44 AM
    Global warming will kill us sooner than we thought in my opinion
    I think it will kill off a significant portion of the human population but probably not everyone. We're too adaptable. That's of course if we don't have a pandemic first. :P
    Chregu and hope4wp like this.
    04-25-2014 04:46 AM
    Cancer is no bueno :( when i was in high school my friends mother had leukemia and she died.. It was all sadness around the school.... We had our exams too then
    My father died of cancer when I was in the last year of my undergraduate course. It wasn't easy.
    04-25-2014 04:46 AM
    aah nothing much! really! :P he didn't abuse me in any way....physically/verbally/mentally
    Then you should go with a hung, drawn and quartered approach then :)
    hope4wp and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2014 04:48 AM
    I think it will kill off a significant portion of the human population but probably not everyone. We're too adaptable. That's of course if we don't have a pandemic first. :P
    Or people who work in a lab can risk their lives :p and make a cure for the dying!
    04-25-2014 04:54 AM
    My father died of cancer when I was in the last year of my undergraduate course. It wasn't easy.
    I'm sorry =|
    Chregu likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:54 AM
    Then you should go with a hung, drawn and quartered approach then :)
    Thank you!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:55 AM
    Or people who work in a lab can risk their lives :p and make a cure for the dying!
    They usually know how to protect themselves, I wouldn't worry about them ;-)
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    04-25-2014 04:56 AM
    Sorry to hear that. :(
    Chregu likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:59 AM
    You know. It's Friday. Even though the weather here is crap, we should be a lot happier. :P
    Chregu and Shinigami910 like this.
    04-25-2014 05:00 AM
    You know. It's Friday. Even though the weather here is crap, we should be a lot happier. :P
    I am happy, I am happy about WP8.1, I am happy about the camera I will soon get, and I am happy to have the greatest girlfriend how lets me shower at her place.

Swipe is great too.

And it's Friday :-)

I almost forgot, I will also get tons of free food today. That makes me happy!
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    04-25-2014 05:06 AM
    I have a feeling my wife will want this camera to replace the one we have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-IXUS-2...pUvbUpU2499163
    Chregu likes this.
    04-25-2014 05:08 AM
143,642 ... 22542255225622572258 ...