Mohamed Ashid likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:15 AM
    The person who asked me to study hard?
    Oops!!!!!!
    😆
    04-29-2014 06:16 AM
    Well, my classes started today.
    It was overall a good day.
    It's the first week, so only half day classes.
    Ahmad Barakji likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:17 AM
    LOL :p
    04-29-2014 06:17 AM
    Oops!!!!!!
    Haha, busted!
    Mohamed Ashid likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:18 AM
    Battery Critically Low!!!!!
    Bye guys, later.
    04-29-2014 06:22 AM
    so whats the correct term to refer to a race. I mean race seams to be a harsh word . for example in my earlier post I referred my friend as a race of Hmong. but that sounds a bit racist. so in that instance do I say " she's from the culture of Hmong or she's from the race of Hmong "
    Race is the correct term. There are generally 5 different noted human races in traditional anthropological studies: Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian), Caucasoid (European), Australoid (Australian and oceanic), Negroid (east African black) and Capoid (south African black).

Thing is, lots of people confuse race with insulting a person. There is lots of questions regarding the 'distinction' of race within the human population. I've often wondered how far off we were from speciation with each other but that takes way too long so it probably was never going to happen with our type of curiosity.

Simplest thing to do is to ask a person if they culturally or ethnically define themselves. Some do, some don't. Some prefer to adopt the country as 'home'. I like to just see people as people. :)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:23 AM
    Race is the correct term. There are generally 5 different noted human races in traditional anthropological studies: Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian), Caucasoid (European), Australoid (Australian and oceanic), Negroid (east African black) and Capoid (south African black).

Thing is, lots of people confuse race with insulting a person. There is lots of questions regarding the 'distinction' of race within the human population. I've often wondered how far off we were from speciation with each other but that takes way too long so it probably was never going to happen with our type of curiosity.

Simplest thing to do is to ask a person if they culturally or ethnically define themselves. Some do, some don't. Some prefer to adopt the country as 'home'. I like to just see people as people. :)
    How do you know all this???????
    *amazed*
    04-29-2014 06:24 AM
    How do you know all this???????
    *amazed*
    He's a wizard
    04-29-2014 06:27 AM
    He's a wizard
    Not just any wizard, he's the OZ!!!!
    *respect*
    04-29-2014 06:28 AM
    my friend cindy was talking during lunch and she was telling me that most Hmong people look down on her for being with a non Hmong guy but being with a dark skinned guy. her mother told her that " I wish you would be with a Hmong guy instead of him." I told her " really that still exists I thought by this point in time people would be tolerable with who you want to be with regardless of what your race, culture , and skin color you are." she then told me " most Asian cultures are like that because it keeps the family line pure."
    It would be nice for someday to move away from that way of thinking
    This is still prevalent in a lot of places. It's a natural human reaction to someone 'different' to them. It sits instinctively in us to not trust the 'outsider' whether we like to admit that or not. It's really our intelligence as a species overriding the reaction rather than our natural instinct.

It actually takes a long time for us to accept those who are different. Doesn't mean we can talk, trade or hang out. The worry for all communities is when the word marriage and children come into the equation. It seems shallow but it's nothing new.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:30 AM
    Guess I should say good day. :)
    04-29-2014 06:32 AM
    I think I should gain some knowledge.

*opens Wikipedia*

Lets start reading.
    04-29-2014 06:32 AM
    He lives! :P Lol
    Busy at work. :/ Can't always be on here.
    04-29-2014 06:33 AM
    I think I should gain some knowledge.

*opens Wikipedia*

Lets start reading.
    Knowledge is a good thing. Reading is great. Ask questions and look for answers. :)
    04-29-2014 06:33 AM
    Knowledge is a good thing. Reading is great. Ask questions and look for answers. :)
    👍👍👍
    04-29-2014 06:34 AM
    This is still prevalent in a lot of places. It's a natural human reaction to someone 'different' to them. It sits instinctively in us to not trust the 'outsider' whether we like to admit that or not. It's really our intelligence as a species overriding the reaction rather than our natural instinct.

It actually takes a long time for us to accept those who are different. Doesn't mean we can talk, trade or hang out. The worry for all communities is when the word marriage and children come into the equation. It seems shallow but it's nothing new.
    This is very true. A close of friend of mine recently got refused by his gf's parents because he wasn't from the same country. He broke it off as it was going no where and the gf's parents were very protective of her.
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    04-29-2014 06:34 AM
    Like my parents were confused about my ex because he was an Indian :p
    04-29-2014 06:40 AM
    My hot pink headphones 🎧 with extra bass
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140429_0006.png  
    N_LaRUE and Ahmad Barakji like this.
    04-29-2014 06:41 AM
    my hot pink headphones with extra bass
    omg too much pink!!! My eyesssss x_x
    04-29-2014 06:41 AM
    omg too much pink!!! My eyesssss x_x