He he he...

ahti-kontio-2en.jpg

My name in Finnish.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    04-30-2014 02:58 AM
    Today I came into work at 10 (usually I'm in at 8) and went straight to the canteen with my girlfriend. Just behind me, my boss came in, looked at me and said: "We have a problem!"

It was about our hypothesis ;-)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    04-30-2014 03:08 AM
    Well, it's a problem nonetheless, I realized that before but I thought I'd just have to look deeper into it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:09 AM
    my ex was obsessed with lil wayne :P
    Lil Wayne? He's obsessed with feces and being an ******* to women. No surprise there...

Google "Lil Wayne feces", I can't post the link as the URL gets censored. Or better, just Google "A Comprehensive Guide to Lil Wayne's **** References" instead.
    04-30-2014 03:10 AM
    I did read through the previous posts and I noticed some talk of LED lights. I'd like to pass on my knowledge of them. I'm not an expert but I can safely say I probably know way too much about them.

Where does my knowledge come from you may ask? Simple. I'm in charge of lighting design on this very large project. I've had three vendors come in to discuss LED lighting for industrial lights. We're talking high power and special here. However, the knowledge is the same regardless.

1.To start. If you have fluorescent tube lights (not bulbs), do not replace them with LEDs currently as the savings in energy consumption is no different. The only benefit is long life. So wait until your fluorescent lights blow and get a completely new fixture to use LEDs. If you have a fluorescent light bulb in a cold area and have trouble turning it on, replace it with LED. Fluorescent lights are terrible with cold temperatures.

2. If you're going to buy LEDs make sure you get the latest generation. I believe we're in second gen at the moment. Don't wait for the next gen as LED technology hasn't peaked yet. What's available now is very good for the average household.

3. With LEDs it's not the actual LED that is the weakest point, it's what's known as the driver, or the electronics that drive LEDs. This will fail long before your LEDs do.

4. LEDs hate heat. When you buy a LED bulb insure it has a good heat dissipation. For example, if you buy a spot light ensure it has a nice heatsink to lose heat otherwise you simply won't get the long life out of them.

5. LEDs are direct light. The most important factor in design is the reflector in the bulb you buy. Ensure you're getting the best angle for your situation.

6. There are two types of light colour typically. Day Whites and Warm White. The Day White will feel very 'blue' in essence. It's a different light than what you're used to. So be careful when you purchase. If you want something similar to what you have now, it's most likely a Warm White you're after.

7. Lastly, you need to buy special 'dimmerable' LED bulbs if you plan to use a dimmer. You won't be able to do it with regular LED bulbs. Also I've been told the effect may be a bit weird.

Obviously the cost savings in using LEDs is enormous. Using a simple example. A 100W light bulb can be replaced by a 10W LED. To put that into perspective, that's 10X less power.

If you need any help choosing bulbs let me know. I can go over the technical specs and ensure you get a good bulb. Most should be very good these days but sometimes you can get a bad batch, just like smartphones.
    04-30-2014 03:23 AM
    Good info.
    I'm currently attending college for a degree in lighting and sound design.

I did read through the previous posts and I noticed some talk of LED lights. I'd like to pass on my knowledge of them. I'm not an expert but I can safely say I probably know way too much about them.

Where does my knowledge come from you may ask? Simple. I'm in charge of lighting design on this very large project. I've had three vendors come in to discuss LED lighting for industrial lights. We're talking high power and special here. However, the knowledge is the same regardless.

1.To start. If you have fluorescent tube lights (not bulbs), do not replace them with LEDs currently as the savings in energy consumption is no different. The only benefit is long life. So wait until your fluorescent lights blow and get a completely new fixture to use LEDs. If you have a fluorescent light bulb in a cold area and have trouble turning it on, replace it with LED. Fluorescent lights are terrible with cold temperatures.

2. If you're going to buy LEDs make sure you get the latest generation. I believe we're in second gen at the moment. Don't wait for the next gen as LED technology hasn't peaked yet. What's available now is very good for the average household.

3. With LEDs it's not the actual LED that is the weakest point, it's what's known as the driver, or the electronics that drive LEDs. This will fail long before your LEDs do.

4. LEDs hate heat. When you buy a LED bulb insure it has a good heat dissipation. For example, if you buy a spot light ensure it has a nice heatsink to lose heat otherwise you simply won't get the long life out of them.

5. LEDs are direct light. The most important factor in design is the reflector in the bulb you buy. Ensure you're getting the best angle for your situation.

6. There are two types of light colour typically. Day Whites and Warm White. The Day White will feel very 'blue' in essence. It's a different light than what you're used to. So be careful when you purchase. If you want something similar to what you have now, it's most likely a Warm White you're after.

7. Lastly, you need to buy special 'dimmerable' LED bulbs if you plan to use a dimmer. You won't be able to do it with regular LED bulbs. Also I've been told the effect may be a bit weird.

Obviously the cost savings in using LEDs is enormous. Using a simple example. A 100W light bulb can be replaced by a 10W LED. To put that into perspective, that's 10X less power.

If you need any help choosing bulbs let me know. I can go over the technical specs and ensure you get a good bulb. Most should be very good these days but sometimes you can get a bad batch, just like smartphones.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2014 03:27 AM
    Good info.
    I'm currently attending college for a degree in lighting and sound design.

What software are you using for lighting design?
    04-30-2014 03:30 AM
    What software are you using for lighting design?

I haven't gotten that far. I'm trying to get all my basics out of the way... Which isn't a lot, but I changed my degree, so I took more classes than needed.

Anyway, here is my degree plan if you're curious

04-30-2014 03:43 AM
    Wow 😲 Chregu.... =| i never knew that =/
    04-30-2014 03:44 AM
    I'm having lab...college is no fun now that it's the third day...dissection :/ we're already cutting =| and then i have a basketball 🏀 game!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:45 AM
    Wow 😲 Chregu.... =| i never knew that =/

Hi 😊

04-30-2014 03:46 AM
    Can I join in your conversation??
    04-30-2014 03:47 AM
    Can I join in your conversation??

Why not?

04-30-2014 03:48 AM
    Why not?

You may regret it!!!!!!
    😈
    04-30-2014 03:49 AM
    You may regret it!!!!!!
    😈

I deeply regret spending too much money this month, what could possibly be worse?

04-30-2014 03:51 AM
    I deeply regret spending too much money this month, what could possibly be worse?
    talking to Ashid :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:54 AM
    Hi Colby :D
    04-30-2014 03:55 AM

Did you think I was asleep already?

hope4wp likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:55 AM
    Rude!!!!
    04-30-2014 03:59 AM
    I think I'll have Cortana wake me in an hour.

04-30-2014 04:01 AM

What is there to regret in that?
    You spend your money 💵 for yourself or your needs. It's not like someone stole your money and spent it.
    You spent it yourself , so you have no right to regret!!!!!
    04-30-2014 04:02 AM
    What did you spend it on?
    Mohamed Ashid likes this.
    04-30-2014 04:32 AM
    What is there to regret in that?
    You spend your money  for yourself or your needs. It's not like someone stole your money and spent it.
    You spent it yourself , so you have no right to regret!!!!!
    Of course it's important to regret an unnecessary purchase if you don't have the money. There are enough people with debts just because they think they need the newest cloths and gadgets. As long as you spend your own money it's fine, but that requires you to have the money in the first place, including some reverse for unforeseen expenses. It can always happen that you have to spend a few thousand dollars, and then you should have this money on the side.
    04-30-2014 04:36 AM
    What did you spend it on?
    Shhhh.
    Don't wake him up, he's sleeping!!!!
    04-30-2014 04:42 AM
    I haven't gotten that far. I'm trying to get all my basics out of the way... Which isn't a lot, but I changed my degree, so I took more classes than needed.

Anyway, here is my degree plan if you're curious

I wasn't thinking straight. :P

I didn't realise you were doing entertainment lighting and sound. Not sure where my head was. :P They probably have specialized programs for that.
    04-30-2014 04:45 AM
143,629 ... 23682369237023712372 ...