It's nice to read about something to get to know both sides
    05-07-2014 10:36 AM
    I should show them how fun 🎉 evolution can be
    05-07-2014 10:37 AM
    I like the creationists opinions. They are great to make fun of!

At least in Switzerland where they teach facts and science at school and keep religion out of it.
    N_LaRUE, hope4wp and kmji1957 like this.
    05-07-2014 10:38 AM
    There are no 'both' sides in evolution. There is only the science and the evidence. Nothing else.
    kmji1957 likes this.
    Entertain me!
    Entertain me!
    I thought we were. :P
    Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    05-07-2014 10:39 AM
    I thought we were. :P
    Yeah just don't say we're apes :p they'll kick me out of the university if i say that
    N_LaRUE and kmji1957 like this.
    05-07-2014 10:41 AM
    Yeah just don't say we're apes :p they'll much me out of the university if i say that
    Yes, you should probably not say that where you are.
    05-07-2014 10:42 AM
    Yeah just don't say we're apes :p they'll kick me out of the university if i say that
    Sigh. Not surprising. Can compromise you're beliefs I guess. :/

Whether you or your professors like it, that's the truth.
    05-07-2014 10:43 AM
    The best way to think of evolution is this. We are related to all living things on this planet. Everything has DNA aside for a couple of anomalies. Even if we didn't have all the other evidence for evolution it would still be a fact.

You share 50% of your DNA with a banana and 98% with chimpanzees.
    05-07-2014 10:45 AM
    Em I was referring to evolution and creationism. Though I disagree with creationism since they are clowns . Saying that the universe 🌌 was made in 7 days pffff that's wrong .
    05-07-2014 10:47 AM
    Em I was referring to evolution and creationism. Though I disagree with creationism since they are clowns . Saying that the universe was made in 7 days pffff that's wrong .
    Yes, we know. Our point was there is no 'other' side. The 'other' side has nothing. It's just made up fluff.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-07-2014 10:47 AM
    Yes, we know. Our point was there is no 'other' side. The 'other' side has nothing. It's just made up fluff.
    Personally I think creationism is much worse than just believe in god's creation. It's admitting that they are wrong, it's giving in in the most awkward way.

If you believe in god and creation, so be it, I won't judge you, I won't argue, everybody should believe what he or she wants. But using science as a tool to promote crap, that's just not acceptable. And it's very silly too.
    05-07-2014 10:50 AM
    Personally I think creationism is much worse than just believe in god's creation. It's admitting that they are wrong, it's giving in in the most awkward way.

If you believe in god and creation, so be it, I won't judge you, I won't argue, everybody should believe what he or she wants. But using science as a tool to promote crap, that's just not acceptable. And it's very silly too.
    I've seen creationist and evolution 'debates'. They're horrible things to watch because the creationist knows they have nothing and just tries to bring up nonsense. The issue you have here is that they go out of their way to 'prove' there's an issue with the science when there isn't. However, if the audience is at all ignorant, which most are, they'll be convinced there's a problem. Hence why we have the problem we have now.

On the science sites I visit it's referred to "lying for 'insert name of prophet or deity here'."
    05-07-2014 10:54 AM
    In the science sites I visit it's referred to "lying for 'insert name of prophet or deity here'."
    That's something I like about science. Scientists are humans too, they will lie, they will fake data, they will promote things that are not true. But there will always be other scientists trying to prove them wrong.
    05-07-2014 10:57 AM
    That's something I like about science. Scientists are humans too, they will lie, they will fake data, they will promote things that are not true. But there will always be other scientists trying to prove them wrong.
    calling them out ;)
    N_LaRUE, Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    05-07-2014 10:58 AM
    calling them out ;)
    Yes. The problem is, the other side doesn't call out the lairs.
    Chregu, kmji1957 and sahib lopez like this.
    05-07-2014 10:59 AM
    Yes. The problem is, the other side doesn't call out the lairs.
    I think sometimes that the evolution side is out looking for evidence to support their theory instead of wasting their time proving creationism wrong
    05-07-2014 11:01 AM
    The best way to think of evolution is this. We are related to all living things on this planet. Everything has DNA aside for a couple of anomalies. Even if we didn't have all the other evidence for evolution it would still be a fact.

You share 50% of your DNA with a banana and 98% with chimpanzees.
    It's banana flies, not bananas itself, I think. 😊
    05-07-2014 11:03 AM
    I think sometimes that the evolution side is out looking for evidence to support their theory instead of wasting their time proving creationism wrong
    There are those who do that job, endlessly. Most trying to go to school boards to promote good science. However, there's a growing trend of parents complaining about it. Then there is a lot of creationist in government too. You probably haven't noticed this. I am referring to the US by the way.

Truth is, there is no need to crush creationism, it's already been crushed. The problem is, it won't go away. As for proving a theory, it's already proved. Has been for some time now, 150+ years. The evidence is overwhelming on one side.
    05-07-2014 11:04 AM
    It's banana flies, not bananas itself, I think.
    You could be right. It was something I caught in passing. We are still related to bananas though and grass, trees and other plants.
    05-07-2014 11:05 AM
    That's science. Scientists usually don't care much what people think outside their field. It's a problem too, taking time to explain would help in many situations, media often don't get stuff right.

That means the general evolutionary biologist will just carry on with her or his science, publishing, getting grants. It's absorbing enough, they won't care much about creationism.

Except if things become acute, when some schools in Bern wanted to teach creationism, the outcry was enormous, also from scientists. They never got to do it.

And most importantly:

Truth is, there is no need to crush creationism, it's already been crushed. The problem is, it won't go away. As for proving a theory, it's already proved. Has been for some time now, 150+ years. The evidence is overwhelming on one side.
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    05-07-2014 11:05 AM
    then why is evolution called a theory ._.?
    05-07-2014 11:13 AM
    then why is evolution called a theory ._.?
    You can prove the mechanisms of evolution, you will not be able to prove the past.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-07-2014 11:16 AM
    Pause the evolution talk! :p I'll be back.....or else this thread will evolve to other topics!
    05-07-2014 11:16 AM
142,723 ... 24852486248724882489 ...