Or by chance the planets aligned to the sun perfectly and have their rotations. Some one had to design it . That's why I don't buy evolution
    So you are deeply religious, right?

Then I won't try to explain things, it's okay.
    05-08-2014 10:22 AM
    Anyone wants popcorn?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-08-2014 10:24 AM
    So you are deeply religious, right?

Then I won't try to explain things, it's okay.

Oh no lol 😁
    I decided things on my own. I like learning about both evolution and god and what not . Don't think I don't like learning I like it
    05-08-2014 10:25 AM
    Or by chance the planets aligned to the sun perfectly and have their rotations. Some one had to design it . That's why I don't buy evolution
    but you said your God is not Jesus :/
    05-08-2014 10:26 AM

*sigh* all I stated was my op :/ Nadia asked and i think rue did too and now im silly :/ ?
    05-08-2014 10:27 AM
    As silly as I think evolution is I never do discredit it or call I dumb. I think they have logic but I don't buy it though
    05-08-2014 10:29 AM
    What I mean by that is how the earth is perfectly placed to sustain life . Even a degree off the planet would be different place . Also with everything we have things had to be built by someone. Take a house for example someone has to build it so people can live in it right . But with evolution its like saying the house built itself after millions of years and its still building itself
    First, to start. What is known as the 'Goldilocks Zone' is not that precise. There's quite a variance in which the planet can sit in.

Your second argument comes from, everything needs a designer metaphor. This is incorrect. We are not talking about houses or watches. We're discussing organics. Completely different.
    05-08-2014 10:31 AM
    but you said your God is not Jesus :/

It's not 😊. They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in
    05-08-2014 10:33 AM
    It's not . They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in
    Funny I thought Jesus was part of the Trinity. How confused am I?
    Oh no lol 
    I decided things on my own. I like learning about both evolution and god and what not . Don't think I don't like learning I like it
    First of all, you mix up tons of things.

Where our planet is as part of all physical laws is just the frame biology was able to develop. We are speaking about billions of years. You have to realize that evolution shaped our planet. Our atmosphere and climate is how it is due to life. There wasn't just the planet in the state it is now and suddenly life sparked.

So if you have issues with that, you don't believe in physics and astronomy either.

Also, cultural achievements like houses are a consequence of evolution. There are animals building shelters, there are animals using tools. Evolution made animals capable of learning, and learning leads to culture. And yes, learning evolved. The more intelligent pray was able to escape the hunter, the more intelligent hunter was able to capture a prey. Evolution is always an exchange with the surroundings.

Evolution itself is a process that takes time no human can imagine. Our last common ancestor between a chimpanzee and us was around 6 million years ago. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. There is evidence for single cellular organisms from billions of years back.

Just as a comparison, the bible thinks the earth is 5000 years old.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    First of all, you mix up tons of things.

Where our planet is as part of all physical laws is just the frame biology was able to develop. We are speaking about billions of years. You have to realize that evolution shaped our planet. Our atmosphere and climate is how it is due to life. There wasn't just the planet in the state it is now and suddenly life sparked.

So if you have issues with that, you don't believe in physics and astronomy either.

Also, cultural achievements like houses are a consequence of evolution. There are animals building shelters, there are animals using tools. Evolution made animals capable of learning, and learning leads to culture. And yes, learning evolved. The more intelligent pray was able to escape the hunter, the more intelligent hunter was able to capture a prey. Evolution is always an exchange with the surroundings.

Evolution itself is a process that takes time no human can imagine. Our last common ancestor between a chimpanzee and us was around 6 million years ago. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. There is evidence for single cellular organisms from billions of years back.

Just as a comparison, the bible thinks the earth is 5000 years old.
    It's actually around 6000, but I won't argue with you. :P
    05-08-2014 10:35 AM
    I don't think I'm highly religious but I do wonder about this world.

A lot if things seem like a huge grand design.

For all I know, I'm in an alien petri dish.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    That is possible but probably unlikely. That's sort of a Men In Black type thinking.
    05-08-2014 10:37 AM
    It's actually around 6000, but I won't argue with you. :P
    Well, sorry for that :P

But I think if you compare 5 000 to 2 500 000 000 or 6 000 to 2 500 000 000 it doesn't make much of a difference anymore ;-)
    05-08-2014 10:38 AM
    Well, sorry for that :P

But I think if you compare 5 000 to 2 500 000 000 or 6 000 to 2 500 000 000 it doesn't make much of a difference anymore ;-)
    LOL! True.
    05-08-2014 10:39 AM
    OK. Let's straighten out some things with regards to some arguments to evolution.

1. Evolution has nothing do with the beginning of the universe.
    2. Evolution has nothing do with the beginning of life.

Evolution is what happens after life gets going. That's not a cop out. That's just the way it is.

To dispute evolution is to dispute pretty much all science. Evolution relies heavily on Geophysics, Geology, Astrology, Physics, Chemistry and of course Biology. To not agree with the scientific consensus of evolution is to disagree with all of science in other words.
    Chregu, hope4wp and kmji1957 like this.
    05-08-2014 10:42 AM
    I'm keeping an open mind
    05-08-2014 10:43 AM
    It's not . They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in
    but that doesn't make sense :/
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-08-2014 10:44 AM
    I'm keeping an open mind
    An open mind is great. Just not so open that if falls out... :P
    05-08-2014 10:44 AM
    Can't believe it's already Thursday... Starting my new semester Monday.
    hope4wp likes this.
    05-08-2014 10:45 AM
    It's hard to discuss this topic here. :P
    Kazashimo, Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    05-08-2014 10:46 AM
    I don't feel like typing loads of information and people missing it or me not having time to clarify.
    Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    05-08-2014 10:46 AM
    You should discuss more exciting things.
    05-08-2014 10:47 AM
    An open mind is great. Just not so open that if falls out... :P
    it's glued to my head :D
    05-08-2014 10:48 AM
    Funny I thought Jesus was part of the Trinity. How confused am I?
    nah I don't buy into the trinity either. by thinking that way god sent himself to the world, later was killed to redeem humanity from satin, then revived himself .
    You should discuss more exciting things.
    What's more exciting than science? Without it we would have nothing that we have today.
142,819 ... 24972498249925002501 ...