You can't beat an Eccles cake (although I'm not even sure it's actually a cake) :p
    I'd have to agree that it's probably not a cake as such. I don't mind currents but they're not 100% my thing in sweets. I have, for lack of a better term, posh taste buds.
    09-09-2013 11:43 AM
    I'd have to agree that it's probably not a cake as such. I don't mind currents but they're not 100% my thing in sweets. I have, for lack of a better term, posh taste buds.
    I've just looked, and according to Wikipedia, an Eccles Cake is a cake! You learn something new every day.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 11:49 AM
    I've just looked, and according to Wikipedia, an Eccles Cake is a cake! You learn something new every day.
    I wonder why it's a cake over a pie? Then again this is the UK... It looks a lot a fruit mince pie, just slightly different. I've never tried one are they sweeter than fruit mince pies?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 11:59 AM
    I have a cake everyday, today was coffee cake!
    mpt15 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-09-2013 12:00 PM
    Cause of my age and sedentary lifestyle I've cut down my sweets consumption.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:05 PM
    Cause of my age and sedentary lifestyle I've cut down my sweets consumption.
    09-09-2013 12:14 PM
    I wonder why it's a cake over a pie? Then again this is the UK... It looks a lot a fruit mince pie, just slightly different. I've never tried one are they sweeter than fruit mince pies?
    Fruit mince has other bits in it that make it sticky. An eccles cake seems to be pretty much just currants inside flaky pastry.

I imagine its because its made of flaky pastry that its called a cake and not a pie. There again, steak and ale pie can have flaky pastry on it.

So confused...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:19 PM
    I like your style. :)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:20 PM
    Fruit mince has other bits in it that make it sticky. An eccles cake seems to be pretty much just currants inside flaky pastry.

I imagine its because its made of flaky pastry that its called a cake and not a pie. There again, steak and ale pie can have flaky pastry on it.

So confused...
    Pie is usually something in a crust whereas cake is usually not. The only cake exception I can think of is cheesecake. That's why I'm confused on the cake definition.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:22 PM
    Well that sucks - just had to actually do some work today instead of just posting in here. Not bad though managed to get about 4 hours paid forum posting today.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-09-2013 12:22 PM
    Pie is usually something in a crust whereas cake is usually not. The only cake exception I can think of is cheesecake. That's why I'm confused on the cake definition.
    I love chocolate cheesecake!
    09-09-2013 12:25 PM
    I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow. So no idea what my posting will be like.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:25 PM
    I think I've heard that definition before, but there's always an exception to the rule. Maybe eccles cake is just a name and its not technically a cake? Either way, I like eating them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:27 PM
    I love chocolate cheesecake!
    I like a natural baked cheesecake with a drizzle of fruit on top. I'm a bit of a purest. Though I can enjoy almost any cheesecake.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow. So no idea what my posting will be like.
    I'm hiding again tomorrow so I should be fine.
    I like a natural baked cheesecake with a drizzle of fruit on top. I'm a bit of a purest. Though I can enjoy almost any cheesecake.
    Fruit only belongs in a cocktail no where else.
    09-09-2013 12:28 PM
    I think I've heard that definition before, but there's always an exception to the rule. Maybe eccles cake is just a name and its not technically a cake? Either way, I like eating them.
    cake - pie, what's in a name as long as you enjoy it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:28 PM
    Fruit only belongs in a cocktail no where else.
    French custard tart with strawberries?
    09-09-2013 12:29 PM
    Now that's possibly better than an eccles cake.

Where's my car keys? - I've a sudden urge to go to the shop....
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-09-2013 12:30 PM
    French custard tart with strawberries?
    In a cocktail!
    09-09-2013 12:40 PM
    Tomorrow I think I have chocolate cake or carrot cake or have coffee cake again hmmmm so many choices!
    09-09-2013 12:40 PM
    Tomorrow I think I have chocolate cake or carrot cake or have coffee cake again hmmmm so many choices!
    Can I recommend that you have the carrot cake?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:45 PM
    how about a bit of each? That would be goooood :-P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:45 PM
    20 odd posts about cake...

You lot really do need to find something else to talk about.
    09-09-2013 12:59 PM
    Have one of these

ass.jpg
    sahib lopez and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-09-2013 01:07 PM
145,228 ... 248249250251252 ...